Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not official because I don't see any petal designs. Also on closer inspection her wings are orange not pink (sci-fi Orisa has the teal and pink)

I actually really wanted Arizona Iced Tea Echo to be real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Relyssa posted:

Part of me is really hoping that april fools mercy change is permanent, swapping staff and pistol always felt kinda rear end to me.

still curious how ridiculous the past mythic skin pricing will be

She'd lose damage boost though. And bolts from her staff aren't as funny as zipping around shooting and pistol-whipping people.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Dick Jones posted:

She'd lose damage boost though. And bolts from her staff aren't as funny as zipping around shooting and pistol-whipping people.

Damaeboost has been really problematic design wise and all the Mercy mains like her movement wayyyy more than damage boost. No one would complain

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

SirKibbles posted:

Damaeboost has been really problematic design wise and all the Mercy mains like her movement wayyyy more than damage boost. No one would complain

I imagine some Sojourn and Widow mains would complain, but gently caress them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I imagine some Sojourn and Widow mains would complain, but gently caress them.

Agreed. Also damage boost is boring as hell. I don't really like just attaching a beam to someone and hoping they can be of any use whatsoever.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’ve been waiting for Lifeweaver’s “sigh!” voiceline to show up in the shop for weeks now, and every day it’s just more poo poo that’s purchasable at any time from the heroes customization screen anyway

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Am I alone in thinking that this sign says, "Infowars" every time I see it on New Queen Street?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think so. I get "In" at the start and "S" at the end but that's it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

taitgaws?
injianws?
intignws?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its not even the same number of letters as infowars

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RhymesWithTendon posted:

Am I alone in thinking that this sign says, "Infowars" every time I see it on New Queen Street?

yes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Inghilswys

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

You see what you want to see, I guess.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Might be a sign to maybe scrub what you're looking at online a little :v:

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Patch Notes, and dev blog post.

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24062312/developer-update-hero-releases-mythics-and-gameplay-updates/

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-retail-patch-notes-april-16-2024/893344

Pretty surprised at the limited changes going into the season, balls changes seem nice on paper. Lotta good stuff in S10 at a glance.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

No freaking way. Evil mirror universe Tracer who’s really slow??? #LetsGooooooo

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

They fixed a bug I encountered a month ago!

https://x.com/earthklaans/status/1768685491430277414

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

So despite the season being named after Venture, they debut with just a few color swaps of their default skin and zero legendary skins? And nothing in the BP or shop either?

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Dick Jones posted:

So despite the season being named after Venture, they debut with just a few color swaps of their default skin and zero legendary skins? And nothing in the BP or shop either?
I have a feeling they've got something lined up for Pride for them, but not 100%. They only got the standard skin variations, which is mostly normal? I don't remember if Journ/Queen/RAM/LW had any decent alt skins at launch either. Probably at least one tho.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Rawrbomb posted:

I have a feeling they've got something lined up for Pride for them, but not 100%. They only got the standard skin variations, which is mostly normal? I don't remember if Journ/Queen/RAM/LW had any decent alt skins at launch either. Probably at least one tho.

Queen still doesn't have any decent skins that you can purchase with non-premium credits.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Queen still doesn't have any decent skins that you can purchase with non-premium credits.

Punker Queen is 1000 credits, she also has wastelander and circuit breaker. Not a huge fan of CB, but Punker and Wastelander are okay, and do not require paid currency.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Rawrbomb posted:

Punker Queen is 1000 credits, she also has wastelander and circuit breaker. Not a huge fan of CB, but Punker and Wastelander are okay, and do not require paid currency.

They're basic-rear end skins that feel like recolours.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

these are some really mediocre skins this battle pass

also mythics even more expensive than i imagined to level up completely, good job beancounters

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Hi, I'm new to Overwatch. I got some free stuff with Game Pass perks and I saw I could get coins for free so I started playing and I really enjoy it. I am curiouse why people are mad that they can receive very minor punishments for quitting games early now.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

New map seems pretty fun, only played it once so far though.

Lammasu posted:

Hi, I'm new to Overwatch. I got some free stuff with Game Pass perks and I saw I could get coins for free so I started playing and I really enjoy it. I am curiouse why people are mad that they can receive very minor punishments for quitting games early now.

Nice try

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

yeah new map/mode is great, nonstop action

the capture points are really small though and pretty quick to capture (which instantly gives you 1 point) so certain abilities are definitely stronger here like minefield

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
New hero is pretty rear end tbh. Highly team and comp dependent in a game that is moving away from teaching players about such things. And the changes that they made between the playtest and now actually nerfed their burst potential by moving damage into DOTs so they can't even assassinate as reliably.

Not saying that they can't work, just that in a quick play/casual paradigm they might be fun with movement etc but they feel pretty goddamn ineffective.

E: conversely the new map/mode is decent if not exactly amazing, at least at first look. It's very straightforward - just brawl, brawl, brawl. And a single team fight seems to be enough to determine most points. So I was initially concerned that it was going to be a drawn out painful mode like Flashpoint can be but it's actually shorter in most cases than any of the existing modes. Matches what they were suggesting about going for quicker matches that are less impactful - probably their answer to crappy balancing, it doesn't matter if the match is a blowout if all 5 caps happen in 5 minutes and go next.

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 17, 2024

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
anyone noticing any issues with immediate crashes on login? just had it crash 3 times in a row on startup

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

SadisTech posted:

New hero is pretty rear end tbh. Highly team and comp dependent in a game that is moving away from teaching players about such things. And the changes that they made between the playtest and now actually nerfed their burst potential by moving damage into DOTs so they can't even assassinate as reliably.

Not saying that they can't work, just that in a quick play/casual paradigm they might be fun with movement etc but they feel pretty goddamn ineffective.

I've found that venture comes in two flavors, oppressive as hell, or ineffective. Not enough data to say why they work sometimes and others don't. You absolutely have to have some command on the kit and know how to use it to your advantage. They have a fairly limited range in general. They may not going to play well vs a widow across the map. I find that they're a lot of fun to play, and can get a lot of value.

SadisTech posted:

E: conversely the new map/mode is decent if not exactly amazing, at least at first look. It's very straightforward - just brawl, brawl, brawl. And a single team fight seems to be enough to determine most points. So I was initially concerned that it was going to be a drawn out painful mode like Flashpoint can be but it's actually shorter in most cases than any of the existing modes. Matches what they were suggesting about going for quicker matches that are less impactful - probably their answer to crappy balancing, it doesn't matter if the match is a blowout if all 5 caps happen in 5 minutes and go next.

Cap time feels super fast in the new mode, interested to play it in role queue. New mode is otherwise fun, lots of verticallity and tight spaces are a nice difference. Also the music is pure nostalgia.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

anyone noticing any issues with immediate crashes on login? just had it crash 3 times in a row on startup
I had this happen multiple times, I reinstalled my graphics drivers and rebooted and it stopped crashing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lammasu posted:

Probably because its a new season and people are crashing, which is ticking their "you can only leave x amount of games in a season before permaban" system.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

dogstile posted:

Probably because its a new season and people are crashing, which is ticking their "you can only leave x amount of games in a season before permaban" system.
For comp, this is NOTHING new. You've only ever been able to not finish a handful of games per season before being banned. It is newer for QP and other game modes.

There is a large group of people, streamers included, who don't think there should be any penalties for leaving Quick Play / Arcade games. "Its just quickplay", is normally the language used.

That's some horse poo poo though, because leavers kinda ruin games. At the very least that match is now in a much worse state of fun for everyone involved. 9 other people time was wasted, because someone left. Developers in past streams have mentioned that before the changes there were people leaving 90% of their QP games.

Flats spouting poo poo like "so his friends sign on and he cant quit the current game to go play with them". No flats, they shouldn't quit the game, they should FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED, and then bail.

QP isn't, and shouldn't be comp, but if you're playing a team based game you should be trying at least trying to help your team / win the game.

If you want no consequences, go play death match or some arcade modes that are not team focused.

If you leave often enough to get a penalty, you're leaving a fair amount of games. Its an AVERAGE over your last 20 games played.

Rawrbomb fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 17, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quick play usually feeds another player back in in like 10-15 seconds though

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Endorph posted:

It can be instant, but not always. Now you have a brand new player to the middle of the game who has no clue what's going on. They also have to player has to load in, select a character, and join the game. Then make it to the team, assuming they didn't just wipe.

The loss of a player in a match, kills the game quality, period.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Don't forget a backfill has no ult charge so they're absolutely hosed if they're joining mid match. Sucks having to play defensively because you don't know the opposing team's ult progress and then being unable to counter-ult because you never had time to build it.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Someone said a while back in the thread that if you leave in the first 5 seconds without moving your hero it doesn't penalize you, but that doesn't seem to be true in my experience. I don't mind mid-match leaving penalties AT ALL, I just want to be able to skip the really terrible new maps.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Endorph posted:

I've joined games that then immediately end. They couldn't wait a few seconds for the game to end.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lammasu posted:

I've joined games that then immediately end. They couldn't wait a few seconds for the game to end.

You're saying that as if it's a rare occurrence rather than most of the Quick Play matches.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Sloppy posted:

Someone said a while back in the thread that if you leave in the first 5 seconds without moving your hero it doesn't penalize you, but that doesn't seem to be true in my experience. I don't mind mid-match leaving penalties AT ALL, I just want to be able to skip the really terrible new maps.

Pretty sure you have to leave during the SETUP phase, which is not available in all game modes? Or at least a lot shorter in some vs others. I believe its before the doors open to start the match.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Oh drat that new Mercy skin. Guess I'm playing Overwatch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Mind over Matter posted:

Oh drat that new Mercy skin. Guess I'm playing Overwatch again.

I know. I got it bad for Mercy.