Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

imagine dungeons posted:

Anyone here still horny for Junkrat?

I am despite his combed hair.

Yep. Junkrat for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

so how do i get a really cheap phone number i can use on my overwatch 1 account that i paid money for without being an overwatch league caster

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.dexerto.com/overwatch/overwatch-2-dev-reveals-how-symmetras-autism-is-showcased-on-the-battlefield-1947087/

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Wheeee posted:

You’re not the only one who keeps trying to hold that line of thought up and to be blunt I hope you’re just Overwatch posting and not actually dull enough to think that either FPS all play the same or that people wanting less MMO design in a shooter are begging for it to be turned into Valorant.

There is no legitimacy to that line of thought, it is flatly stupid on its face, which also makes it good Overwatch posting so idk

I wonder what exactly you think the game should look like. Does junkrat or sym fit into your FPS definition? More than 1/3 of the cast can't headshot. Should hitscan be emphasized or are torb projectiles ok? You want to just delete the tank and support categories or rework them into damage?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junkrat is one of the most classic competitive FPS characters in the game due to his grenade launcher. I present Quake, and Unreal Tournament as evidence.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That just makes me think that Symmetra's gun should work like the UT Shock Rifle.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can autism bloom on the battlefield

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Junkrat is one of the most classic competitive FPS characters in the game due to his grenade launcher. I present Quake, and Unreal Tournament as evidence.
blizzard is full of cruel monsters who have not given junkrat a grenade jump for over 6 years

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

That just makes me think that Symmetra's gun should work like the UT Shock Rifle.
UT shock rifle + portal gun

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Symmetra on the battlefield

https://youtu.be/vb5rHthCXoA

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rip to Overwatch. I had a ton of fun in the game in the launch window and some months beyond. I always hated the loot boxes but the core loop was really fun and playing with friends was a blast. I'll give 2 a shot since my friends are excited for the game but I don't think it's going to have the same effect and influence on me like it did during the first game's launch.

Probably won't be any more than a curiosity to play with my friends a few times before I lose interest.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Farted out one last batch of placements. Goodbye OW1. You were a bad game.

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 3, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How much will Blizzard make me pay for "Overwatch Classic" in 5 years?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

How much will Blizzard make me pay for "Overwatch Classic" in 5 years?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Symmetra’s inability to make eye contact hard countering Winston

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

When is Symmetra finally getting a fidget spinner attack?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Honesty the #1 thing that eventually killed OW1 for me and my friends wasn't any hero changes or anything, it was the queue times. Long queues as a solo DPS are whatever, I know what I'm getting into. But when we were a group of 5-6 players and STILL getting absurdly long queue times eventually everyone just kind of fell off cause they got tired of waiting SO LONG between matches. Those queue times paired with the game throwing you back out to menu after every game instead of putting us on the other side to face the same team again like it used to just completely wrecked any momentum we had to keep going.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there are fps games on the market that have to find 60-150 players constantly and they give you like a minute queue time tops before the game starts lol

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
It was the toxic players and no one wanting to play tank/support (this was before role queue or whatever) for me.

For old time's sake I played one last match and some hanzo was raging in allchat about our team when we lost and the winning team all told him he was trash lol

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

comedyblissoption posted:

there are fps games on the market that have to find 60-150 players constantly and they give you like a minute queue time tops before the game starts lol

That is easy, when you don't care about balanced matchmaking.
Fall guys gives fast 60 bean matches, but each match has literal 3 year olds facing whatever is that games GM level players.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

And even when it's not rattle boyales, when your whole game revolves around people running in circles shooting each other in the back and your community uses the term "sbmm" as if it was a slur then it's a lot easier to throw a match together.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jack Trades posted:

This would be extremely good

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

LOL ITT every time Blizzard makes bad decisions about a flagship IP.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/RoadRunner_ow/status/1576964206553071616?s=19

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

headcase posted:

I wonder what exactly you think the game should look like. Does junkrat or sym fit into your FPS definition? More than 1/3 of the cast can't headshot. Should hitscan be emphasized or are torb projectiles ok? You want to just delete the tank and support categories or rework them into damage?

Some of the most iconic fps weapons are neither hitscan nor have a head shot multiplier, friend. Tribes Spinfusor, Quake Rocket Launcher, UT Shock combos etc.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arzachel posted:

Some of the most iconic fps weapons are neither hitscan nor have a head shot multiplier, friend. Tribes Spinfusor, Quake Rocket Launcher, UT Shock combos etc.

I don't know what any of those games are because I only play old-school shooters like modern warfare 2.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Arzachel posted:

Well some people think that autoaim abilities, splash/spam, beams, or tree trunk size projectiles detract from the experience.

I personally think rein is the most fun character, not just to play, but what he brings to the game when someone else plays him. I hope they find a way to bring brawl into the conversation somehow.

headcase fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 3, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

headcase posted:

Well some people think that autoaim abilities, splash/spam, beams, or tree trunk size projectiles detract from the experience.

They're dummies and should go play another game then :colbert:

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
OW2 can be any sort of game!

Except the one you want it to be.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

headcase posted:

autoaim abilities, splash/spam, beams, or tree trunk size projectiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsRjQDrDnY8

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

one of those balloons looks like a b-hole

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I noticed that Widow was not getting played in OWL the few times I checked in. I guess that is because a genji/lucio duo is pretty much free to roam around and deal with backline squishies, and choosing someone designed to peel or bodyguard is too expensive.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

headcase posted:

I noticed that Widow was not getting played in OWL the few times I checked in. I guess that is because a genji/lucio duo is pretty much free to roam around and deal with backline squishies, and choosing someone designed to peel or bodyguard is too expensive.

Multiplayer games are better without sniping classes.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Zedd posted:

Multiplayer games are better without sniping classes.

Agreed. It just seems like it would be a winning proposition with a wide open solo tank noggin sitting there.

headcase fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 3, 2022

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Aw man it's 5v5 now?? That's awful

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

headcase posted:

She is played mostly on Circuit Royale and Junkertown as both have killer sightlines.
But otherwise Sojourn and Ashe are the go to Hitscans in current Meta.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Sojourn isn't hitscan.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Wheeee posted:

Sojourn isn't hitscan.

Partially true. Left clicks are a fast projectile and the Right clicks are hitscan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Soldier is a projectile hero.