Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

As far as I can tell with the prepaid thing it still might accept the number depending on the provider and the number range you're in, so some prepaid numbers will work but you won't know until you try to add it to your battle.net account. If your number is not acceptable it'll tell you as soon as you try to submit it on the website.

I guess with some parts of the world it's more common to have a prepaid number, but I've seen at least one reddit post where someone with a Vodafone number wasn't able to add it to their account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Investigating a little further it seems the deal with the prepaid thing is dependent on what kind of prepaid phone arrangement your phone is under. Prepaid phone plans that require signing a contract and providing identification seem to be accepted, but if you've got the type of prepaid phone arrangement common for burner phones where you just get a number and top it up without having to do that stuff then you're out of luck.

That said, I have seen one report from someone attempting to add a phone number unsuccessfully but being able to successfully do it a few days later with the same number, so maybe this is just a temporary fuckup on Blizzard's part. It all is very badly communicated either way.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Lister posted:

The official youtube channel put out a video with the most broadly generic, inspirational narration I've ever heard. It honestly sounds like a parody. I have no idea what the gently caress anything in this video is referring to and how it's supposed to relate to this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHiRgT9skFU

They should just have this playing during the wait queue screen if the comments are anything to go by.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I've been able to play on the PS4 for the last hour or two now. I'm in Australia so I don't know how much that counts for anything, but I like the gameplay changes and getting into a game is very fast. The skill level requirement definitely seems noticeably higher in 5v5 but it does feel more rewarding. I do miss the little awards and stats and stuff at the end though.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Hugoon Chavez posted:

New Zen kick is probably one of the funniest things in the game and whoever came up with that simple and perfect buff needs a raise. I had an blade Genji dash towards me and come up just a tiny bit short, kicked him on his stupid face then headshot him two meters away.

Zen kick is very funny. Even if you don't win the bout you can tell it's still a bit of a surprise for the recipients.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I'm loving junker queens awful accent. If you told me the voice actor was a seppo I'd believe you but she's australian.

I was absolutely sure the voice actor had to be American too. I guess the the trick to landing Australian voice gigs at Blizzard is to lean as cartoonishly hard into the accent as possible, especially considering Australian is considered an S tier in the Diversity Space Tool.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

They've already said they're dropping the phone number requirement for most people who played OW1 as of tomorrow.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-launch-status-update/700480

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

headcase posted:

I think I would be ok with the weeklies if they went 30/40/50 coins instead of 30/20/10. That last 10 for getting the 2 hardest ones is completely unrewarding.

Yeah I've pretty much decided the last 10 isn't worth it unless I decide I really want to make the game really unfun for myself. 50 is a nice tidy number I've been able to get through my natural queuing choices anyway.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Minorkos posted:

i wish every single hero in the game had a mobility skill. zenyatta and ana feel like they don't belong in the same game as moira and sojourn. at least give them wall run or let zenyatta levitate a bit or something

Zenyatta does have a dodge, but you gotta kick someone first, lol.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Let junker queen say the C word

It should be her ultimate ability.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I don't even bother looking at the first two queues and I feel better off for it.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

you know I kinda miss the endorsements for the other team. miss giving them during mirror duels such as Rein V Rein

Yeah I was thinking this too yesterday. It's a minuscule thing but it seemed like a nice community gesture of good sportsmanship that got needlessly removed. Now the best I can offer is a couple of team votes that cant be done twice in a row and a quickchat "Thanks".

Redezga fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 19, 2022

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Veryslightlymad posted:

The game feels like what it is, which is designed by people who made/were involved with an MMO, and probably the least mechanically interesting one at that.

I actually found myself actually winning more in competitive when I had the thought to start playing Zen more like a FFXIV white mage after realising the party role composition was kind of the same. I feel like I'm healing less, but mostly because I have to heal less when I'm putting more energy into amplifying damage and just trying to stay out of harms way while just casually topping people up as they pop in and out of the mix. If I do it right some matches I'll end up with like 50+ assists and less than 5 deaths with pretty healthy numbers in all the other stuff.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Is the difficulty in the coop event on anything above story difficulty the kind of thing that would require a team that can communicate? I've tried it twice now on hard with random matchmaking and both times had party members leave the moment we wiped like 2 to 5 bosses into it.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Countblanc posted:

It's very funny how the "I need healing" command has become a shorthand for toxicity, I remember pushing back against the idea that calling for medic in TF2 was annoying (speaking as someone who primarily played medic at the time) since it showed you useful info like the teammate's relative HP and location... but in OW it's just sort of agreed that pressing it is rude and will get you ignored. And honestly I sorta feel the same despite having the opposite opinion in TF2 and im not sure why

Rocket League has this too with the "Defending" quickchat, which was probably intended to be used to indicate they're going to sit back a bit so others can go offence, but of course they never mean it that way.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

teagone posted:

Bastion in kiriko ult is fun as hell lol.

There's such a "Okay, you kids have fun!" feeling to activating Kiriko's ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Was there any meaningful development on the requiring a non burner phone number thing to play? Did it turn out to be a good idea or did it fizzle out somehow after it got too much criticism?