Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

dogstile posted:

Most people are not really good players.

No, they're not.

I've played my fair share of bullshit multiplayer matches, but this is probably the most infuriating online game I've ever played. It doesn't matter if I queue into unranked, comp, or an arcade mode; the matchmaking is horrendous. I remember OW1 having it's moments (been playing off and on since the beta), but it has definitely been worse in OW2.

Maybe it's a case of bad luck being pitted against smurfs, maybe it's a case of mouth-breathing riff raff coming into a free-to-play game that don't know an analog stick from their own assholes, or maybe it's another case of pubbies being pubbies, but I feel lucky if my team and I are in a position to win a match 20% whereas the other 80% we just get skullfucked into the dirt from the first encounter onwards and get to run around the rest of the match being glorified target practice. I can barely complete my daily challenges before turning the game off in disgust. Playing in the console pool is slightly better than the PC pool, but it's still miserable.

It feels like people make the game as complicated as possible and it's frustrating knowing you would have a substantially better shot at winning if your teammates would group up and adapt instead of pointing fingers and standing in place for 30 seconds to type out their super sick burn in chat.

And yet...my dumbass still plays it. The foundation of a good game is there. The dopamine hit when you have a team that actually have brain cells that work and you make that final push to win a match is simply amazing. I'm far from a great player, I think having the proverbial shoe on the other foot and stomping another team with little to no resistance is boring as gently caress, and I don't expect to win every match, but it's just too bad the good moments doesn't happen a little more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sandwolf posted:

They took away a game I paid money for and gave me a worse game in every way with 100% more microtransactions. Blizzard is loving trash.

Pretty much this. 5v5 has its advantages, but all of the game modes suffer when the matchmaking is an abomination. The console pool is slightly better than the PC pool, but it still sucks. I can't imagine somebody who hates themselves more than trying to play Comp on PC.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Had an interesting set of three comp matches earlier tonight: First, one of our supports threatened to report me since I was trying to flank the enemy as D.Va since the rest of my team was uselessly plinking away at the enemy tank while both of their supports were comfortably healing them. Apparently, trying to put pressure on their back line isn't tanking the right way. Lol ok. It ended in a third round with me having double digit kills and single digit deaths so I'm pretty sure I did something right.

Second match was a push map where we faced a Soldier 76 that I'm pretty sure was cheating. They were reaching places in the map that seemed suspicious,, saying "Msg 4 carry" in the chat, had an accomplice Mercy with them, and went 37-2 when no one else in the match was even close to those stats. Fun.

Third match was also a push map and had the enemy tank disconnecting and reconnecting half a dozen times. Despite this, we just barely eeked out a win in overtime because my team played like they have never dealt with a Junkrat or a Mei in their entire lives.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Zokari posted:

so are they gonna rename it to overwatch 1?

More like Overwatch Done.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Good Lord. Normally I'm sick and tired of playing Tank, but I couldn't have asked for a better first Comp match for S10. Got the POTG too. Tank diff anyone?

https://imgur.com/a/GviFzcs

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Man, Mercy is way more fun to play in Mirrorwatch. As someone who plays Lucio/Zen/Moria on support and have barely touched anyone else, it's a cool breath of fresh air.