Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bottom Liner posted:

lol my queue was down to 4,000 and then jumped to 20,000 :wtf:

Yeah, I think the servers crapped out or something. I was in and playing, got an error and it kicked me back into and infinite 20,000 queue.

In other news, I was very bad at OW1 and plan on continuing to be very bad in OW2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I played a little bit on Switch earlier tonight, but I crashed out after a match.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Had an incredible POTG in a recent match that was Ashe immediately getting headshot and lying dead on the ground while Bob killed people in the distance.

Bob is responsible for the vast majority of the few POTGs I get. I love how Ashe plays but goddamn I'm so very bad at her.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 7, 2022

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jack Trades posted:

I love how the game really really wants me to see that I leveled up my battle pass but didn't get anything.

I thought it was one item per level, mostly? Or is that only for the premium pass?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Oh wow that's terrible and sucks. How dumb.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Anyone have any tips or advice for someone who loves how Ashe plays but is just not very good with her? I have a grand time playing her, she's one of my favorite few characters in the game. But my damage numbers always seem so low compared to other people playing her. I don't know if I should just be shooting more and hoping for the best, or shooting LESS and trying to be the sniper I will never actually be, or what.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Eason the Fifth posted:

Removing stuns has been a wholly experience-improving decision.

Jesus Christ this, I cannot say how glad I am to be rid of Cassidy's stupid-rear end flashbang.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Can someone please explain the Eliminations, Assists, and Final Blows to me? At first I thought that Eliminations were final hits and Assists were kills that you participated in but didn't land the last hit on. But Eliminations and Final Blows can be different numbers so I guess that's not it?

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 9, 2022

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

AFAIK Eliminations are kills you did the majority of damage on, Assists you did some but not most, and Final Blows you did the last little bit of damage to tip it over into a kill.

Good enough for me! Thanks.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

xgalaxy posted:

Super curious:

Can people post here what you are getting for match XP excluding any challenge completion XP?
As well if you have bought the premium pass or not?

Generally in the range of 400 to 1200 XP depending mostly on match length (it seems). I do have the premium pass because a fool and her money.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I really hope they add a way to disable or limit the voice lines for when your team becomes outnumbered. Like, yeah. It's a good reminder to be careful when you're down a body and the enemy isn't. But I don't need to hear one every. drat. Time.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bottom Liner posted:

Turning on the ping for when an enemy or ally dies is very important and way more distinct, and doesn’t require watching the kill feed.

That and the ping system can definitely improve your game awareness and teamwork. Players do generally pay attention to pings, especially the enemy ping that shows the hero icon. Very useful for showing where a widow or reaper is, for instance.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure what this has to do with my point. Which is that the "we're outnumbered" voice lines are annoying for how often they play.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

That's me on pretty much every DPS but Torb. I'm not trying to feed, lord knows. I'm trying to pay attention and do well, but... I'm bad.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Torb has a highlight intro and at least one spray that reference upgraded turrets

I still use the spray. I know it's better for the game the way it is but I miss superturrets so much.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bottom Liner posted:

Yup, and Hog with a shield to play behind and 2 heals is basically unkillable.

This is probably not a popular opinion, but I kind of feel like that if tanks need to be raid bosses for role queue, they should probably be limited to one in other modes too. Open queue and a bunch of the non-No Limits arcade modes. I was in a Total Mayhem the other day that was locked in perpetual overtime for ten or more minutes. Both sides had two tanks and two healers locked on the point. I don't know if it actually ended, I got bored and left.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Macaluso posted:

Total Mayhem is always like that

Anecdotally not to that extent though. I like the mode and it can lock for sure, but that's by far the worst I've ever seen. No one was dying, nothing was happening, it was just dumb.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Trying to equip one of the battlepass sprays hard crashes my client. How weird.

Edit: Make that trying to equip ANY spray for Sojourn, apparently.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

verbal enema posted:

i just played with a bastion

Must have just happen, right now he's not even selectable in Unranked. Torb can be but it says he's locked in ranked.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Let junker queen say the C word

Canadian?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

leftist heap posted:

It sucks to be locked out of a character if you just play casually. I will probably just suck it up and buy the battlepasses with new characters since there's almost no way I'm getting through the BP to that point.

It does suck, and I'm not at all happy that they chose this monetization scheme. However, I don't think it's nearly as big of a deal as some posters in this thread are acting like it is. Not having Kiriko will slightly limit picks and counterpicks, sure. But she's not so powerful or such a generalist that a player is crippled without her. It's an annoyance, but that's all it is. An annoyance. If someone can't handle that tiny limitation, they're free to pony up the :10bux: and solve it instantly.

Bottom Liner posted:

Are the devs going to be forced to put a new hero in every battle pass? Because I do not think they will be able to do that in any reasonable way that doesn't make the game crumble.

I thought they said it would be every other, but I can't confirm that offhand.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Father Wendigo posted:

Isn't match XP a trickle compared to Daily/Weekly challenges?

It really depends. If you're only logging in to do your challenges and not much else, then that's going to be the majority of your XP yeah. However, if you're playing a lot just for fun like I am, the trickle XP really does add up. I just hit pass level 65 and while I obviously don't have exact numbers I think that the match XP has been a fair amount of that.

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying everyone can or should play like I do. I have too much free time and I know it. I'm just explaining how the XP has worked in my situation.)

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

lostleaf posted:

What are your guys perception of the toxicity of the player base now that 2 has been out? I drifted off about 3 years ago after a few bad runs of toxic players. I just remember that it wasn't worth the aggravation. It was league of legends bad. Migrated to Apex and kind of forgot about overwatch completely until the last few weeks.

I've had a few rude people, but I am very aggressive about muting anyone who gets nasty. So I haven't seen more than a line or two of salt at a time, and not frequently. I have ONCE seen the Blizzard auto-filter kick in and change something into a comment about needing to call their mom or such.

I also don't use voice chat at all, I'm a woman and no amount of phone number locking in the world will make that worth my time.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I can't stop just playing Mystery Heroes and various arcade modes. When you can't decide who to play just let the game decide for you.

What are your preferred arcade modes, if I may ask? I've been trying to get some in, but the queues have just been intolerable most of the time. I know they're never going to be as fast as QP, but they just don't seem to pop at all a lot of the time.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jack Trades posted:

Someone made this handy infographic.

I don't see it in this chart, is Blizzard World still in the game? There must be a map rotation going or something? Because I haven't seen it all since the OW2 launch except for in queue waiting Deathmatch mode.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Been playing way too much, got the battlepass done through 80 just by virtue of dumping a ton of time into the game.

Prestige tiers for titles up to level 200. :smith:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I know the Lifetime challenges aren't things that have to be done quickly. But making progress on Support wins for the Medic title may be the death of me.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

imagine dungeons posted:

Evidently it’s not magic but “hard light projections” and nano bots.

All three of the Japanese characters are related too. Are all Japanese people related?

I have a hard time buying that for healing charms and teleportation. Though I guess Sombra can teleport too and she's a tech-oriented character.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Yeah that always struck me as funny.

Or, you know, rule the clan with your brother and kill the haters.

I could be wrong, but I thought the reason he had to kill Genji in the first place was because the latter left to join Overwatch instead of leading a criminal empire.

Edit: Also, Hanzo does have a voice line something like "No matter how good I am with a bow, I was better with a sword."

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 15, 2022

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Iirc the clan or criminal empire elders told Hanzo to rein in his little brother, and eventually told him to just get rid of him. Genji didn't become a cyborg until OverWatch saved him courtesy of Mercy. And even then, I think story-wise he was in Black watch before OverWatch.

Yeah, I didn't think he was a cyborg before that. But you're probably right, I don't follow the lore that closely.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

So dva zarya genji and sombra are all gonna get nerfed apparently? I dont love playing into either dps right now as a support main but im probably more interested in the tank nerfs. I never played either of them before ow2 but they feel super good right now compared to every other tank so i think its fair. Id like some kind of hammond buff but i can live without it. Hes still perfectly playable in bronze 3 and actually feels less countered by sombra at this rank than he was in 1

The most recent article I've seen said they aren't planning any major buffs or nerfs currently except for Zarya in Total Mayhem.

That said yeah Sombra and Genji are both annoying as hell right now.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Megazver posted:

They should just have separate balances for Mystery Heroes and Total Mayhem and modes like that.

MH is pretty rough with the buffed tanks right now, IMO.

You'll get no argument from me, I've given up on MH and TM both for now.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I love playing supports and especially Ana, but god getting jumped by Sombra/Genji/Reaper over and over while your team pays zero attention just sucks rear end. Been finding myself doing open queue or just queuing DPS more, even though support is what I enjoy most.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 17, 2022

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Man, Baptiste has a fun kit. Shame that his character/presentation is (in my opinion) an annoying dweeb.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bottom Liner posted:

D.Va is annoying by design but somehow the most likable in the whole cast.

Basically agree, but some of her new zoomer voice lines with OW2 are really bad.

Disclaimer: I am old.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 18, 2022

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Hashy posted:

The fact that dailies have no value beyond the 3 you'll naturally get by playing a couple of rounds (and so no reason to chase them) and weeklies beyond the gimmes are worth 10-20 cents of the real money currency is a design fuckup I don't think people have grokked just yet. They're boring, boring, boring. They can afford to give out much, much more premium currency and make the battlepass cash only or something

I agree. I do the three dailies for the battlepass XP, and whatever weeklies I happen to get done playing modes I enjoy. At that rate of reward, if there's something I want that badly someday I'll just loving buy it.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

adhuin posted:

Weeklies are for battlepass xp too. 5.5 levels for doing all of them and probably another 5.5 levels for playing so many games to do them.

I get your point here, but I'd personally rather get XP playing modes and heroes I like, instead of forcing myself to grind ones I don't want to play to maybe get slightly more.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

If Ana had the super jump boots I don't think I'd have to play anyone else ever again.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Moiras orb, her Morb if you will,

No thank you, I will not.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Maybe it's because I don't play comp or maybe it's just luck, but I've seen only a small amount of such toxicity. Certainly not none, there have been some diffs in chat and three or four absolute ragers. But honestly a lot less than I have expected. Mostly I've just seen a ton of terrible, awful account names that merited reporting.

I don't doubt it exists, I suppose I've just been fortunate to not see most of it.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Oct 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Matchmaking is not something that normally bothers me that much. But today in QP I got matched against someone sporting a top 500 title. I'm silver on my best days, so what the flying christfuck. Something like that should never happen.