Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I know none of you have the taste or self respect to not play this game but you better not give them a single loving dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The thing that blows me away is finding out a bunch of people actually still 100% believed that the PvE was actually still being worked on and might be made right up to the official announcement. I thought everyone knew that was dead and gone like, four years ago.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

at least publicly they were saying it was still on back in october

I guess a lot of people somehow still unreasonably optimistic about the video games industry despite how it's been going the last like, ten years.

So hopefully this is a wake up call that no matter how low you set the bar for the industry, how cynical you think you already are, you are not cynical enough, the bar needs to be set far lower. Blizzard and other companies aren't human beings, they are lie demons. If they tell you the sky is blue you go and double check. Everything is a vaporware scam until the exact second it's in your hands and even then it could just disappear at any second.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I miss Tribes 2.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think the cruelty squad guys should make the next big online multiplayer shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Tribes Ascend was already basically that.

I'll never stop being mad about that.