Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can't wait for a worse version of the thing I paid for and losing the ability to play the better game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gonna be great having even more incompetent teammates than usually because they're all focusing on doing bullshit challenges for the battlepass instead of you know...playing the actual game.

Even if theoretically you paid out the rear end to skip the battlepass thing completely, the quality of the game will still go down immensely because everyone else is still doing it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

the watchpoint pack is a tempting buy, the game looks really fun now with 5v5 and the reduced 'gently caress you' buttons

Considering how there's something like 75% fewer shield on average now you should expect to get hit by "gently caress you" buttons more often, not less.

Removing hard CC from DPS was still the correct desicion though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

adhuin posted:

Way to fix Mei should have been making her a Tank Hero with her current abilities.
Tanks can have Crowd Control. Just add some HP and nerf her right-click.
Also maybe let her move with Ice-block, similar how Roadhog can move while healing himself.

They tried that and decided it wouldn't work.

Plus we already have two DPS-sized tanks that don't have team damage mitigation and thus aren't actually doing any loving tanking. We don't need any more of those.

At least Roadhog is big and slow and thus nuturally attracts more fire, despite just being a fat DPS.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

So the Founders Pack unlocks the Healer, but what about Junker Queen and Sojourn? Will we have to grind for those?

I think those are free.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish Team Fortress 2 wasn't poo poo. I used to love playing it until it went downhill (more like, off the cliff) around the Mann-conomy update.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

It's still badass and the people whoare like "waaah I can't even tell what class people are with all these weird hats!! I died to a weapon with 20% extra reload speed and 10% extra damage, I'm so confused" need to Grow Up and understand the will of the gamer.

I'm very sorry for wanting to play a video game in your hat collecting simulator. I'll go and sprinkle my head with ash now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If you wanted Overwatch to be just like all the other shooters then OW2 is gonna be perfect for you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.dexerto.com/overwatch/overwatch-2-dev-reveals-how-symmetras-autism-is-showcased-on-the-battlefield-1947087/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That just makes me think that Symmetra's gun should work like the UT Shock Rifle.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How much will Blizzard make me pay for "Overwatch Classic" in 5 years?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

When is Symmetra finally getting a fidget spinner attack?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

And even when it's not rattle boyales, when your whole game revolves around people running in circles shooting each other in the back and your community uses the term "sbmm" as if it was a slur then it's a lot easier to throw a match together.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arzachel posted:

Some of the most iconic fps weapons are neither hitscan nor have a head shot multiplier, friend. Tribes Spinfusor, Quake Rocket Launcher, UT Shock combos etc.

I don't know what any of those games are because I only play old-school shooters like modern warfare 2.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mood.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Can anyone who played in the beta speak to what it's like being the sole tank if you were previously the off tank? Say, RoadHog and Wrecking Ball?

OW2 seems to be designed around the idea of Tanks not having to give a poo poo about their teammates anymore, so it's all good.

According to the stats from the beta, if you play Hog or Ball then your teammates will die A LOT more often but your win rate will actually not suffer from it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Do you have a link to those stats, they sound funny to look through

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/23837374/creativity-is-the-essence-of-discovery-overwatch-2-beta-statistical-analysis/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phyresis posted:

why am i missing skins that i definitely had in ow1? why are they locked again

Because get hosed that's why.

It's probably because servers are hosed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OW1 players getting Kiriko without grind was all bullshit then I see.

Nice. Nice.

Also cool to see that even people in here are falling for thist traps.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

is every blizzard thread in this forum full of the most whiny bitches

Turn on your monitor.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

nah bitch dont even try me with that poo poo

Publicly drooling over cartoon characters and bitching about people bitching too much is peak posting apparently.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Most people probably don't even know that the ping system is a thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I guess Blizzard were too busy copy-pasting old content into the Battle Pass to fix the skins that were broken since the first beta.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

that's a minor visual bug alright

I think usually the idea with sequels is that they aren't supposed to be a downgrade.

I wasn't even bringing up how they completely hosed up their anti-aliasing implementation in OW2 and made the game way blurrier than OW1, cause that's nerd poo poo for nerds.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Go back to wow nerd

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I miss the time when you could look at a character and instantly see if they were a tank or not.

Instead of now when everyone playing Doomfist and Junker Queen that have the same proportions as literally any of the DPS characters.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is it just my game or is the big OW2 feature, the Ping System, isn't even loving bound to any button by default?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Would it loving kill them to make Junker Queen stand out a little more? I can't loving do my job as a healer when I can't see the tank among the rest of my team, it's so loving annoying.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's just me being salty but I really don't like Orisa planting her feet and stopping a rein charge. Yeah I saw the cinema, yeah I should know it's going to happen, but damnit hockey slamming the other tank into a nearby wall is like 90% of my initiation.

Is that still in 2? I heard she had a spear but I thought it replaced the barrier?

Orisa's Fortify still stops Rein's Charge and thank gently caress for that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pennsylvanian posted:

JQ is my new favorite hero. I'm routinely outdamaging even good DPS players with her.

That's the case with every Tank now basically.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Yeah, the more I play the game the more it seems like this is a terrible idea.

It feels fresh at first, but when a tank is out of position and at half health for the 30th time and takes a duel 1v1 against a DPS that tries to punish them and wins with their personal CDs alone for survival, it starts to get pretty unfun. One of my mains is Sym who CLEARLY has gotten the short end of the stick in this game, but tanks like Orisa and Doomfist just basically tank my fully charged beam and 3 turrets for like 5 seconds straight and live, then take me from 225 health > 0 in like 2 seconds.

There was an instance where I was playing Pharah and an Orisa survived through my entire ult by popping CDs and having a mercy beaming them. It's a little ridiculous.

Sym was always my main DPS and she's feels so bad now. She has no defensive abilities, and she always had to have a shields or at least a large back to hide behind and OW2 has neither.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

The fully charged beam is no longer a chainsaw?

It is but there's no way to charge the beam without exposing yourself to danger anymore, because there are no shields, so you don't get to charge the beam easily.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

That sucks. Maybe I'll main Rein in this version of OW.

Rein, Brig...is there a barrier DPS?

Mei and Torb? lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Yeah, I thought the new DPS passive they announced would be perfect for her, since it gives her momentum on beam kills, but TBH, I haven't really noticed it. I'm sure if I pull a big flank and eliminate their entire backline it helps, but the char is fundamentally underpowered. It used to be a character that punishes either greediness or stagnation on tanks, now i'm not sure what it does.

And it doesn't really end with her, i'm not too sure what reaper does anymore either. The same thing with flanks, I suppose, but you can't duel against hogs or DVAs with him anymore. Mei? Doesn't do anything.

There is a pattern with characters that essentially lost something huge they had in OW1 vs characters that didn't; look at Tracer, Soldier, or Genji. Even cowboy man is pretty weak right now, because he has no flashbang (and let's be honest, the sticky nade is still annoying, just no where near as good as the bang). They are top of the chain because they are basically the same they were, while probably half or more of the DPS role is notably worse than they were in OW1, while all tanks are stronger. Saying it's a change is more of an understatement than people seem to realize or admit at first.

I was really convinced that the betas were just "here's some early changed we'll keep expanding on" and not ALL of the changes.

They changed the game balance drastically but left like half of the cast untouched, so a whole bunch of them are just really badly designed for this new environment.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Also, Re: aiming, because it has been way harder to aim in OW2, but also thought maybe I was just getting old or bad at games or something:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/xw23i0/is_it_just_me_or_does_ow2_feel_weird/

Nah, it's not just you. I can definitely feel something being off about aiming in OW2.

I just played OW1 right when it was shut down and the difference between them is noticeable.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/overwatch-2-gender-verification-system

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phoix posted:

My FPS is a pretty solid 120fps but it feels like ~30 and I cannot find any combination of settings that makes it feel good

A lot of people are having the same issue. Try turning of dynamic resolution, it helps some people.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

so, when is this game actually gonna be released?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Splinter posted:

All of the American characters use guns as weapons, so they're at least nailing that. Speaking of, I need to go clean my piece..

None of them are fat though.