Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wheeee posted:

op should have just been a link to this tbh

https://youtu.be/q7RMtDpxtfw

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that tanks are now basically super-dps is very funny to me

it does however sound much more fun than the previous state of the game

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is that actually good? I hear positive things about it but it's counterbalanced with people saying the process to unlock Mechs is awful and slow

The fundamentals are very strong but every criticism you've heard of gundam's monetization is true; there's some bafflingly bad decisions in there.

Which is a shame because it turns out that making a class-based shooter where every class is a DPS on roughly even ground with each other works really well. And every suit has a boost dash on a short cooldown so the gameplay always feels fast.

(I do mean roughly when I say that, however.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

adhuin posted:

Rankings were useless for comparison. Tab is best way to judge who is popping and who is not:

Got carried hard by DPS moira last game. She was also the saltiest player in the lobby.

Team carry back pain, let her have this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Minorkos posted:

i wish every single hero in the game had a mobility skill. zenyatta and ana feel like they don't belong in the same game as moira and sojourn. at least give them wall run or let zenyatta levitate a bit or something

yeah gundam has the right idea there, imo. everybody can dash, sprint, and hover. some suits can do more than that. you can still get caught out if you run out of your mobility resource but it always feels like you have an escape option if your reflexes are fast enough.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Brigitte feels so much weaker than i remembdr

that's on purpose

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

does that mean s76 is mew

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

then sigma is conkledurr

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They're not trapped in bronze bug hell with you, you're

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Would've been interesting to have a vision of a world where starcraft was supported well enough to sustain a high-profile celebrity culture deep nearly a century after its inception

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Moira isn't the hero we deserve but she's the hero the team of idiot randos needs right now

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aipsh posted:

I also once got told “Mercy W” and still racking my head trying to figure out what it means

It's Mercy's W

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

if you chat like you post, they were right

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

I assume the team doing the camping lost, though. 4 v 4 no tank?

OP ranked down after that match so I wouldn't be so sure.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Ok let's do it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

this is a large part of the casual appeal of Overwatch tho

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I actually was interested in the PvE lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"nobody even cares about the PvE campaign mode" (cancels mode)

every single casual and character fan who was holding out hope is now typing...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I know I mentioned this elsewhere, but there's actually a large but quietly passionate contingent of CoD fans who play for the campaigns. There's even fans of the characters. They're a different kind of fan from the sort of person who only cares about getting their sweat out for Warzone but they exist, they still spend money, and they stay engaged for as long if not moreso.

Just because they're not aggressively targeted for monetization by people trying to please shareholders doesn't mean they don't exist, and in fact the people who don't believe they exist are falling into the same short-sighted fallacies the suits are.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

heard u like girls posted:

The amount of people here interested in OW pve is honestly baffling to me

skill issue

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

best part is that comment can work multiple ways, both for and against the post it's in response to

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

they definitely owned themselves

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

So has tf2 outlasted another game?

The same game twice

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This Nintendo derail has gone on long enough, I say, putting away my gorilla tie and putting on my gorilla spacesuit and jetpack

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MJBuddy posted:

Literally cannot escape people whining about AA in an entirely different thread for an entirely different game that does not even have it.

the crosshair moved on its own to click on this thread

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Let FPSes become like Ace Combat games, with all combat dictated by lock-ons and avoiding them

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Overwatch actually removed aim assist from Symmetra

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

dogstile posted:

Lmao, yes, when i say that "pro's are swapping to it because it invalidates years of their experience with m+kb" i actually mean myself. I'm definitely a pro player.

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the smart pistol was the future of gaming all along

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

i'm sure pan is very flattered

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If they can't kick Jack Trades out for Vibe Issues nobody's going to be able to stop The Paladins Player from logging on

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's definitely not hyper over-analysis when they're doing it. It's just an honest read from the perspective of people who used to play at a serious level.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I keep thinking your av is an iguana in a sweater whenever I'm not looking directly at it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I don't see anything? :confused:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

toadee posted:

Yo I hate to break this to you man but only chronically online people think this way. I know lots of people who play OW, casually but regularly. In a rotation of games with friends. Most peoples reaction to the PvE news was indifference or mild disappointment. They all just keep playing, and having fun. People don't buy cosmetics expecting that to fund some amazing future product, they buy them because they go "oh, I play a lot of Kiriko, and that Kiriko skin looks awsome!". To most people $15-20 is perfectly normal and acceptable for a skin. If a game bothers you this much maybe you should just move on? Lots of us out here just play the game regularly and have fun doing it. When I get tired of it, I play other games for a bit, then I come back when I feel like playing it again. That's how like 99% of people interact with Overwatch.

Yo I hate to break this to you but this is survivor bias in action, OW2 numbers are a pale shadow of what OW once was and you're just hanging it with people who kept playing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not saying your experiences aren't valid, just that they're definitely not common, much less universal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I remember years ago when some kid got in trouble at school for calling another kid a "hanzo main"

Like the faculty didn't know what it meant but knew from context it was severe enough insult to warrant putting the kid in detention