Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I was able to clear my alt with a prepaid chip. Went to 7/11, bought a chip, walked home and slotted it into a spare phone and did the verification immediately after activating the 4g network. Not in US though, for what it's worth, but if you got a prepaid SIM you might as well give it a whirl.

E: Telcel (regular carrier) and Diri (MVNO), both prepaid with no contracts, for reference

Ignis fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/RoadRunner_ow/status/1576964206553071616?s=19

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Barreft posted:

I'm assuming whoever that is, is getting paid to 'create content'?

He used to be a big Overwatch content creator and professional player, now he does variety for a fraction of the stress

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I don't watch owl often at all but any time I've seen it it's basically all very cis-looking Korean boys. are there even females or trans competitors at this point? why announce that?

e: oh it's for a tournament specifically for marginalized identities. but why do verification then

Presumably, the amount of cis men who sign up for tournaments like these to troll and make some nebulous "point" about "competitive parity" is large enough to merit some screening at the door. I've never seen a marginalized-group-focused tournament without some screening of some sort, anecdotally

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

So what does MIT stand for in the stats table?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Leaked patch notes, as they were given to OWL teams this week. These should be the midseason patch slated for next week.

quote:

Update: Sources have told GGRecon that the following patch notes have been shared with the OWL teams.

Sombra

Hack ability lockout duration reduced from 1.75 to 1.5 seconds
Hacked enemies are no longer valid targets for hacking for the duration of the effect
Hacked damage multiplier reduced form 40 to 25%

Genji

Maximum ammo reduced from 30 to 24
Shuriken damage reduced from 29 to 27

Zarya

Barrier duration reduced from 2.5 to 2 seconds
Barrier cooldown increased from 10 to 11 seconds

D.Va

Fusion Cannon spread increased from 3.5 to 3.75
Boosters impact damage reduced from 25 to 15

When asked for comment on the validity of these patch notes, an Overwatch League spokesperson shared the following: "Patch details will be shared with the community ahead of the OWL Playoffs."

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Torb and Bastion will return next week. Junkertown is currently disabled because of GPU issues
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/update-junkertown-disabled-and-eta-for-restoral/726919

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Countblanc posted:

That seems likely, didn't realize an event was happening

It's all right, they didn't realize an event was coming either :haw:

https://twitter.com/Proto_VI/status/1638282596151971843?t=mc9UEqfYjOEvGjA0xiygww&s=19

Voice lines from the new Pachimarchi event mode

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Hoping that people will know the new control points for Starwatch by this weekend. I had a match where all my teammates kept pinging me to go defend old Horizon A when Starwatch A is basically at Attack spawn's door. We lost A and B by the time my teammates realized they were too far back :doh:

e: this works both ways - had a game where the enemy steamrolled us on all points but the last one, as their Winton carry didn't realize until 20s before the end of the match that point D was the room next to Horizon B. This is the only time I've gotten that room as a control point from half a dozen games, so maybe it's a rare spawn? Still won tho :v:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 11, 2023

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

They didn't tell Team 4 specifically, that person is from the dev team. The people who were let go were told yesterday.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Valentin posted:

Based on the timing (finals was Oct. 1), I wonder if all the Le Sserafim collaboration was supposed to premiere at the OWL championship (the same way Riot revealed K/D/A during a League championship) and that got spiked by the business decision to end the league.

The Overwatch League's previous and most distinguished musical guest (back on the first Season, when they were spending money galore) was DJ Khaleed... so probably not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Venture is NB

https://twitter.com/LiquidSprocket/status/1720576479342526706?t=BXyvFK09rHLBRDTs6GY8WA&s=19