Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it def won't happen but man I wish they'd put 6v6 back in even if it's in another mode, I miss the chaos firefights in large groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they basically made doomfist's primary skill do dogshit damage in return for a better cooldown so it isn't surprising. Also not surprising that D.Va is god tier, provided I see her in every single loving game I play

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Someone made this handy infographic.

Temple of Anubis removal alone does actually make OW2 better than OW1, gently caress that stage for real

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sloppy posted:

It had the best Torb turret spot in the whole game, and for that I'm heartbroken

agreed, that's why that stage is terrible

I'm actually sad they didn't just loving remove turret character entirely, probably the laziest and braindead archtype of them all. Being engineer in TF2 didn't feel as braindead I think due to how large teams could get + the potency of spy sapping; in 5v5 a turret is just annoying even if it only lasts for a little bit. I say this as someone who has Torb in their top 3 most played characters, too--just a stupid character.

I remember in vanilla OW1 people picking like, 3 Bastions/3 Torbs and sitting on points lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whoever said matches feel way more one-sided, it def feels that way in 5v5. At least when it was 6v6, if someone was loving around like a moron, the team could still accomplish poo poo. Now in a 5-player loadout, if one of your primary damage dealers is AFK or being a dumbass, you're likely left with a sniper and a tank and a support who can't do fuckall. It happened many many times where Sojourn decided to stop moving for 60 seconds in base, and the match completely 360'd on my team lol.

I think I just liked when the team was 1 person bigger so having a dud teammate wasn't the same death knell as it is in such a comp'd, smaller one for the role queue.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if they're going to scrap the entire reason for OW2 existing they might as well dial back to OW1's 6v6 teams so the game doesn't completely suck poo poo for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

When Kaplan and Metzen left, poo poo was over. Same thing happened to Diablo when David Brevik left—-once primary creative directors leave in Blizzard, the games inevitably suffer for a long time.