Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I picked this up again and I expected to have a ton of hot takes, but really this just feels like overwatch designed by people who kinda sucked at overwatch.

Don't get me wrong ranked deathwatch is fun but with the lack of negation abilities everyone's just getting loving dunked on constantly. It's really funny.

E: also I guess they did an mmr reset? I was 4300 on every role and it dunked me in plat 4. This is gonna suck for a lot of people if I keep playing and decide to climb :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Haha, royal rumble time motherfucker

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Technically it's two hours per day, but that's still more than casual. At that point you're committing a significant percentage of your free time. Casual to me is like, a couple nights a week and maybe a couple hours on each of those nights.

Jack B Nimble posted:

So, you're not a fan of ranked role? Could you say a little more about that? I'd be curious to hear what you think because I've seen you have some pretty insightful takes on Apex and I'm personally uncertain on Overwatch right now, I can't tell if I'm just very rusty can't process gameplay or if it's actually a big sloppy mess.

I'm on the train so I can't really give this a proper response, gimme a few hours :p

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack B Nimble posted:

So, you're not a fan of ranked role? Could you say a little more about that? I'd be curious to hear what you think because I've seen you have some pretty insightful takes on Apex and I'm personally uncertain on Overwatch right now, I can't tell if I'm just very rusty can't process gameplay or if it's actually a big sloppy mess.

So, its less ranked role q (i never liked it in the first place, to be fair) but the new balancing in general. So, for context (and for anyone else following along)

Role Q in itself was an effort for them to try and force the meta away from 3-3. This was a comp that pretty much could only exist because of Brig and her ridiculous brawling (and at the start, a bug that made all of her rally armour way stronger than advertised. This wasn't really fixed until 3-3 was on its way out).

The problem I have is they kept adding additional stuns, more damage, etc to deal with 3-3 for the year it was out. So when they moved it down to 2-2-2, they didn't really revert any of those changes. Suddenly everyone is having to stun everything or run double shield to deal with the ridiculous amount of damage coming out. You could still run the other comps, but it required way more game knowledge than just "alternate shields bro" so they weren't so popular.

The other issue I have with this is that now, if you have a problem that someone on your team isn't dealing with or unable to deal with, you can no longer swap to help out. I actually have old youtube videos where I go back to spawn and swap to widow when the other team grabs a Pharah after asking my other tank player if he's ok with solo tanking while I deal with it. We had way more counterplay in our comps (with teams that actually communicate) than we ever will again. This is fine for people who don't want to talk to other players and insist that talking to others in an online game is impossible, but I made my way to 4.4 by shotcalling and co-ordinating with people.

Also, finally the new changes mean's that supports are basically hosed. Nobody wants to play supports right now because they're just getting relentlessly bullied by whoever looks at them. Sombra Dva dives will 100% kill anyone who isn't a tank.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack B Nimble posted:

I've just seen so many death cams where a half health DPS isn't even looking at me, I melee them twice as brig, they don't die and then they finally receive support from a healer and then they turn and kill me. If I'd been literally any other character in the game they'd be dead?

Swing bash whip does 140 damage. If that doesn't kill him then its not your problem and you can get back to cover. If it does kill them you're safe.

Typically you want to animation cancel with brig as much as you can to reduce exposure.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Barrier
Brigs barrier won't stand up to anything like sustained damage, but it's useful for three things:

Stopping high damage single hits like deadeye, or hogs hook.

"Distracting" bad DPS who might waste a couple seconds of a team fight shooting it. Let them deal one or two hundred damage to it (don't let them break it), then use the charge to break los. That was a second or two of a team fight that DPS wasn't doing much, especially if you'd already gained your aura from a chain shot.

Doubling your own hp when you need it, like you just need another second for your cool downs, or a team mate to arrive, or you're passing through a dangerous los.

You can also stand in front of a widow or a hanzo who's having a duel, the shield is just high enough to win those exchanges, do it with a friend all the time.

Bonus, you're already in position to gently caress up a dive.

teagone posted:

I feel like tier lists don't matter much for the majority of players at gold-ish level or below, which is a sizeable chunk of the playerbase. That said, I have found it significantly easier to play the tank role as D.Va compared to Junker Queen, but despite that, Junker Queen is so much fun to play :black101:

I mean junker queens problem is that she's basically budget hog and hog already isn't that good.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, you want the danger to be away from you as fast as possible if there is a chance you might not kill them, so you ideally want to open up with just a normal hit. It also gives you slightly more time to decide if you want to commit or get the gently caress out. If you bash in, you absolutely have to stay there, you're not getting out.

I think if you bash whip you also double the knockback a little? I seem to be punting people real far, but i haven't actually tested. I've moved so my current pc setup is "on top of a set of drawers" and my chair is a fold out thing :(

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'll play JQ & Hog both and you can't stop me. They both super fun. Also Roadhog is cute and my very huggable friend.

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not saying don't play her, I'm just saying competitively, she's rear end and I always feel like I could do more by playing anyone else.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
A good sombra right now makes playing miserable. I can't believe she gets what's basically insta hacks and such a gigantic damage boost. That's so ridiculous.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

yo mamma a Horus posted:

"basically insta hacks"

You can do it while stealthed and it's under a second.

Good luck catching that consistently bro

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

yo mamma a Horus posted:

hack is .65 second cast time and it is loud. .65 seconds is absolutely reactable

people that play fighting games at mid level or higher routinely react to things that fast and a bit faster

i have seen you post stuff before and i know you are a good player, i can hardly believe this isn't something you can already do. I find it really hard to believe

Half a second to realise a hack has started/figure out where from and to deal with it as a tank who's also trying to front line/dive is way harder than you're making it out to be. Actual pro's are struggling, so i'm not surprised someone who was good like 3 years ago (also known as me) is struggling.

whalestory posted:

How uhhh does one play d.va? Like how do you decide when to go in and where to position etc etc

I can't wrap my head around her playstyle at all and i never learned her in OW1...

Luckily, you don't play her like you played her in OW1. D.va is a really angry in your face DPS now. You should mostly be looking at characters on the other team who feel like they're comfy on the high ground and you should go contest it. You shouldn't really bother fighting the other tank unless you're at the end of a fight win or they're pushing into a silly spot.

If you see someone who is low on the other team, go kill them, their is almost nothing that they can do to stop you.

Also, for anyone interested, I placed my tank last night and it put me in masters 5, so I guess I still got it at least a little.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

teagone posted:

Seagull said a few days ago most GM/T500 players he knew were placing low-to-mid master/high diamond.

This makes sense, i heard lower but tbh my tank last placed at rank 200 or so and my support/dps were like, low gm at best.

Bottom Liner posted:

can we talk about how loving bad the names soldier and sojourn are to have to distinguish in voice chat?

My old team just call's Sojourn "Mewtwo" and now its starting to stick with me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Char posted:

Which support can reliably duel Sombra? Because I tried waiting other teammates but no one managed to protect me

You don't, you play Moira/Lucio/Mercy and leave with someone else. If she tries to kill you, you burn a cooldown and get away. Supports aren't meant to win against Sombra. If you're feeling good, you can maybe use a zen right click to murder her, but i struggle with that and i'm ok at zen.

If you leave with someone, burn the cooldown and she's still getting past the other person and killing you, then yeah sorry, you're gonna lose that game. At that point turn off the "must win" part of your brain and start practicing something (if you're trying to get better, anyway, if not just check out and go next, not worth getting stressed over vidja)

Edit:

Veev posted:

I think you're just supposed to live long enough for your team to come and cover for you against sombra which can be a tall ask.

This, basically.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack B Nimble posted:

Dogstile, your melee + charge + whip combo as Brig is money; I went from struggling to win any fight to placing in death matches; in ranked it's made me much more capable of repelling divers. Since I already spent so long playing, as someone else put it, coward Brig, it's put me in a place where I play very conservatively but then have some genuine ability to fight when it calls for it.

Lucio and Genji both seemed particularly vulnerable if they strayed close to me? Because if the charge lands, you're making it hard for them to juke the chain.

Yup, and you're doing well over half their health with the combo, so they really have the choice of "hit all the headshots like a god" in which case lol, whatever, it happens, or they can leave.

You can transition this into more aggro brig at some point, but that's an adjustment thing, glad it helped :)

DLC Inc posted:

whoever said matches feel way more one-sided, it def feels that way in 5v5. At least when it was 6v6, if someone was loving around like a moron, the team could still accomplish poo poo. Now in a 5-player loadout, if one of your primary damage dealers is AFK or being a dumbass, you're likely left with a sniper and a tank and a support who can't do fuckall. It happened many many times where Sojourn decided to stop moving for 60 seconds in base, and the match completely 360'd on my team lol.

I think I just liked when the team was 1 person bigger so having a dud teammate wasn't the same death knell as it is in such a comp'd, smaller one for the role queue.

Both ways really. I think "Statistically" you could only affect like, 7% of your overwatch games unless you vastly outskill your opponents. Now you can probably affect more (less people means that you're able to carry a little harder, each pick means more, etc) but it also means that you'll really feel it if you're all supposed to be in that game.

But i'm not gonna actually run the numbers because i'm good at video games, not numbers.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 13, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

i mean, they did fire the guy a year ago. but idk. probably microsoft stays hands off for now, but i'm almost certain something is going to happen again because Blizzard is too big and the culture was too ingrained there for things to immediately stop overnight.

Fired within 10 days of being reported, as well. Not sure how fast it usually happens in big companies. Not that i'm defending it, but the fucker is gone.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

teagone posted:

Ahh yeah, that makes sense.

Been doing it since like Season 4? of OW1 comp, lol. My OW experience has been the better for it, tbh. I haven't endured nearly the amount of toxicity that some goons have described ITT for a good long while. I could have been, I just didn't know it :haw: Though, lack of voice comms could explain why I got hardstuck around 3100ish SR, but I can also just admit to myself I am trash and refused to improve lmao.

[edit] I just want to note that I played in a goon-run Serious Overchill OW tourney several years back, and fellow goon Bittersteel was put on my team. They never used voice chat and rarely used in-game chat, but they were a consistent high master/GM player (not sure if they ever hit T500) and in general, they owned. Just saying.

Bittersteel only talked when he wanted to try and give me poo poo during those tourneys :v:

teagone posted:

Wait, is it calling me out for hiding chat? Or calling me out for doing what I'm supposed to be doing as D.Va? Lol. Dogstile just mentioned a handful of posts ago that OW2 D.Va should go bother enemies off their high ground perches and punish out of position players. Which is what I've been doing through my D.Va climb in comp. I have to boost away to do that most of the time.

Actually, RE: tank brawler chat

I hit masters 5 with D.va/Zarya/Monkey. I have one game of Rein where we played it on KR so me and the other tank went "cool, rein honour" and spent the entire game swinging relentlessly at eachother.

I think D.va is absolutely incredibly powerful, but if you don't have the game sense to know when to come back, yeah your winrate will drop. Is whoever's checking the stats including the lower ranks? I imagine she's absolutely a tank that fares worse the lower rank you go.

On JQ chat

I forced her in a ton of QP games with friends last night and its actually insane how much effort you have to put in to be effective with her than with other characters. There was a few times when I went "gently caress it", swapped to literally any other tank and immediately made game changing plays.

I actually like her kit, but it doesn't really fit as a tank and currently your reward for hitting your skillshot is "hope your team pays attention", whereas with say, hog, its "get a pick".

dogstile fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 14, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BrianBoitano posted:

Any obvious gaps for me to learn as my main lineup? I want to get decent with them all eventually but want a base to focus on my first week back in 5 years...

T: Winston, Reinhardt. Backup D.Va but she doesn't click with me yet
DPS: Sombra, Pharah
H: Kiriko, Lucio

I'd recommend

Tank: Zarya. No joke, actually an insane hero right now. Grav is good defensively (stops nanoblades) and offensively. If you have a team that's diving you can bubble them going in, making sure the dive works and getting you tons of energy in the process. If you have a more standoffy team she's pretty good at brawling.

DPS: either soldier or sojourn. Soldier in particular works really well in the backline if he plays by his healers, as killing an ana naded and being biotic field healed is really hard.

For healers i'd recommend you learn Zen and Ana. Ana is good for games where your team needs a bit of a push (and nano is an easy way to turn a maybe fight into a win. Higher up you'll usually just use it for blade or on your tank) and Zen will open up fights with picks while also forcing genji's to wait on their blades forever because you can just trans it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

Queue times are even worse than they were in OW1

That's a lie. Dps used to be straight 15 minute queues. Supports were regularly 10.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

how the gently caress do you counter Zarya she just walks forward and microwaves you to death no matter what other tank you pick.

edit: maybe I should just ignore her and Winston into their backline

Unironically yes.

A lot of overwatch right now is ignoring their tank as much as possible, mostly you use them as ult charge (if you can do it safely) and murder their supports otherwise.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My elo its 20 minute tank queues, 7 minutes dps queues and instant support queues, because playing support against good players is loving miserable rn.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

headcase posted:

I've got a solution to the support misery problem (aside from making them dueling nightmares ).

There should be a subcategory of DPS that is really kitted around peeling and bodyguarding. There are already plenty of characters that lean in that direction but don't quite get here. This will replace the offtank contribution in 6 man. The sub-role should be communicated strongly enough that people will point out DPS are throwing if they don't switch to a counter-flank.

Right now I don't feel like anyone has the tools to slow down a genji except for winston.

Dva and Zarya does it pretty well but it means you have to transition to playing off a defensive pick.

Dva especially as she gets to bodyblock after she boosts at genji while matrixing.

I can see Genji eating a nerf however, as they buffed him significantly to help against double shield and now there isn't a double shield problem.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've had great fun mentioning how bad junker queen is while playing her, having the other tank disagree, then baiting them into playing her while I swap to an actual tank.

Like, it's ridiculously different. I had a game where I hit 80% of my knife throws and I still felt less effective than a Zarya just pressing E on allies a couple times a fight.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Aipsh posted:

The current matchmaking imbalance has caused me to go full joker - no more tank, no more support, only 12% scoped in accuracy with widowmaker in comp forever

Yeah, I tried playing some DPS games last night and I legitimately had trouble getting to the point where I could win a game, even killing 2 dudes a fight my team was just getting bodied too fast (and i'm not good enough at dps to 1v3 the last guys).

I am developing a hatred for Cassidy's mag grenade. An ability you don't have to aim that does 130 damage? Holy poo poo, that's kinda annoying, makes me play way differently. And by that it makes me swap to Cassidy so I can body the enemy Lucio forever.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Aphrodite posted:

A Zarya shielding allies? Where did you see this unicorn?

In my replay's ;)

Aipsh posted:

Got my first hacking accusation yay. I’m on console so I’d have to be v good at hacking

I remember one of my first hacking accusations, where I heard a Rein behind me charge so I bubbled myself. He was convinced i had "autobubble.exe" and that i didn't, you know, have ears.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 18, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Someone get that man a license to something that isn't paint.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Overwatch has always been a little snowbally if one team doesn't realise they need to start grouping and saving ults for a proper push.

This makes it worse at lower levels, because these things require gamesense and the lower levels don't have that. poo poo, half the higher levels don't have that and get by on pure mechanics, then get really mad when you suggest they should stop trying to 1v5.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Rick posted:

Didn't they end up tuning it up to 40% because Sombra was kind of bad when it was lower after being introduced?

Sombra should be bad, her kit is inherently unfun to play against.

Having to hit ridiculous headshots against a character who doesn't (if you're even a character that has that in their kit) or die because outside of organised play, you're not gonna get the protection you need, isn't particularly healthy for the game. Other games have these characters and they're always briefly strong, then everyone goes "oh yeah this loving sucks", the character gets nerfed into the ground and everyone just kinda quietly forgets they existed.

I say this after playing a bunch of games where depending on what team was losing, they'd swap someone to sombra and immediately start snowballing fights.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Rick posted:

Non argument here.

Alright, fine

Sombra's ability to silently (or at least, quietly enough that players regularly won't hear it over other game sounds) ability to sneak past a team and immediately teleport back upon taking any damage used to be balanced out by her taking slightly longer for her to charge her ult (outside of medpack meta, i never want to go back), having to leave stealth (and make noise, so she had to do it further away or mid fight) to hack and her spread being big enough that she didn't just immediately burst characters down.

Now OW2 is out, the team has done what they used to keep stating they'd never do, which is make a big sweeping change, so now all she does is hack a tank from invisibility (which is almost risk free, i've literally never been stopped if i'm hacking from invisibility) and charge an ult by beaming into a tank, or she hacks a squishy and deletes them before they can do anything about it. The way to "stop this" is to hit a skillshot, because they also removed a bunch of CC, also buffing sombra (this buffed other characters to, see: genji)

I mean, I guess its fun for the Sombra player, but everyone else getting chain hacked know's its bullshit. Especially as you can start the hack off and move behind cover to finish it off, as they added a hack grace period. Now you can't even just play a corner to avoid it, thanks, balance team!

Zzulu posted:

Junker Queen is fun but I can't decide if she's good yet. The other tanks are just so ridiculous

She's bad but if they turn her numbers up she'd probably be my fave character, I like her aesthetics and the kit is fun.

Still don't think she should be a tank.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Rick posted:

poo poo sorry typo I meant NO ARGUMENT HERE and apparently added an N in there. So sorry, I agree with you.

Lmao, that's pretty funny actually

Andrigaar posted:

I think every 20 seconds JQ can buff her health for five seconds with 15 down, which seems to do a decent job keeping her alive in a 5v5.

Numbers suck though. She can increase her health by 200 every 15 seconds? Zarya has that in the form of a bubble, except that's on a 10 second timer and she can hold two of them (plus the CC immunity/cleanse). Roadhog gets to heal 350 health on an 8 second cooldown, except he also has 50% damage reduction as he does it, so to kill a Roadhog who starts a perfectly timed take a breather, you'd have to do 2100 damage (or wait until its over, but they'll waddle out of sight before then).

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

Also, there's like 1.5 Tanks in OW2 that aren't just fat DPS.

I think Zarya, D.va, Sigma, Winston and Rein all kinda count as true tanks now, they directly have abilities that stop your team from getting blapped. It's impossible for Genji to kill someone that D.va is paying attention to unless he burns blade, etc.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Eiba posted:

but generally I'm standing right behind the tank so if a dangerous flanker shows up I then stand in front of the tank.

This is gonna get you shot in higher elo's.

headcase posted:

There is, but it is focused on chill play, and has grown into 1000 other topics:

https://discord.gg/srsoc

This is the server that banned me for telling people that pubbies were generally useless and that you should just work on your own skill level to climb, right? :v: Is whoever that was still modding it?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Eiba posted:

I would hope that in higher skill matches if you tell your team a Genji is murdering you they would understand how it negatively affects them and take countermeasures.

Oh, sweet summer child. You stay where you are :v:

(They never care)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Collapsing Farts posted:

Moiras orb, her Morb if you will,

Shouting "it's morbin' time" as I aggressively fade on the Ana who's used her sleep early.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Moira had a brief thing in rushdown. You'd charge a big meaty wall of characters at the enemy and charge your ult in about half a fight, then win the first fight off of aggression and coalescence.

I like her though, she's not as good as the other healers but if i have to choose between getting loving obliterated by dive or playing Moira, i'll just play Moira. Solo Q players gravitate towards her for a reason.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Personally I think the focus on pro eSports was a loving mistake and now Blizzard are torn between top level balance and actually making a fun game for the majority of players

I always thought this line of reasoning was silly because that basically means you're hoping people won't jump on whatever broken thing you've got in your game and relentlessly use that until the fun is sucked out of it.

That's kinda what top level balancing stops. You get weird edge cases like them changing symmetra for weird reasons (i know lots of people mad about that change) but in theory top level balancing is the best way of doing it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Except that different things are "broken" in different skill levels, hence all the complaining about Moira, or even Torb.

If you can't deal with a the lowest dps in the game, then you deserve to be at the level where that thing is keeping you (you in this point being whoever is actually affected by this, i don't know how good you are) there. Same with torb (who isn't as bad as people say, tbh). It's not like you get higher and therefore feel more at ease because they're not playing Moira anymore, because instead they'll be playing Zen and volleying you across the map way faster, or playing Lucio+ dancing around your head, etc.

I like playing Moira, I like playing Ana. When I play Ana I feel like I can make plays but I'm bait for any passing Genji/Kiriko combo, with Moira I feel like all I can do is heal but at least I've got better chances to fight or flee. Lately I've been starting on Ana, then switching if I'm getting harassed too much.

This is exactly what I do btw. Sometimes you just need survivability and "some heals and purple orbs" is better than "dead ana".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

SadisTech posted:

Also the scoreboard is good but I'm really annoyed that they've still kept the choice to obfuscate stats as much as possible. Getting any game info about the game you *just played* is awful, to the extent that you even can.

It's incredible how they wanted to remove things because stats apparently cause toxicity and the game just gets more and more toxic the less stats they show.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Bottom Liner posted:

The scoreboard has been toxicity ammo since day 1 for the constant “X diff” or making GBS threads on a teammate for damage/healing/elims or whatever else.

They'd do this anyway, the only difference is now they have numbers to use. I think it's way more toxic when you're just being a knob because you feel bad and not because you can clearly see that your ana is somehow healing less than your soldier or w/e.

Granted, even mentioning this would probably get called toxic at this point. "Hey ana could you chain heal me this fight" tends to draw some form of ire

We all played overwatch 1 right? I could be landing a shatter a fight and if my team's getting solo'd by some caffiened up 18 year old some rear end in a top hat will still type tank diff.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

250 is an instakill on everything that isn't a tank and it has 2m radius.

I just wanna point out that this change has actually way more of a problem than people think. You can no longer use Zarya bubble to block Rein shatters up close, it breaks the shield, THEN it knocks everyone.

You could also survive being that close to a Rein, lucio beat/zen trans would save you.

Oh and they changed this in OW1. They didn't make this change for 2.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

support ults are much more impactful tho

Also you absolutely know people who already have ults are plinking away at someone they're never going to kill, so they're just giving ult charge away for free.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 24, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

pointlessone posted:

Kiriko's ult is going to be the trigger for my inevitable stroke, I swear.

STAND IN THE BLUE PATCH IT MAKES YOU DO GOODER! That means you, 76, who just ran through it to get in front of the payload to pop visor completely outside of it. Right down the edge of the back side of the payload so you still have cover to duck behind, but it's fine, don't stand in it, I don't care. Someone's making toast and it smells good.

Someone mentioned that uncharged Zarya in kirikos ult does as much damage as a full charged Zarya and I gotta tell ya, as someone who was just on the recieving end of that microwave, I believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Last night a DPS buddy of mine and I went Kiriko Zen.

Every time a Genji dived me I got immune fielded and then I shot the guy. If he deflected I charged up and he had to either dash away, or if he dashed in, he died. We had many teammates going "how the gently caress are you keeping up the heals", not realizing that Kiriko heals are actually pretty good, especially if you time it with the immortality. Many, many DPS are realising that Kiriko can straight up just win duels against them.

It's kinda crazy how strong she is.