Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

bagrada posted:

Will five player games mean individuals have more pressure and responsibility?

Everyone has way more freedom to actually shoot people. Whether this is more or less stressful is up to you.

bagrada posted:

Do they have the lore sorted out any better than the ugly mess it was?

lol. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

headcase posted:

I wonder what exactly you think the game should look like. Does junkrat or sym fit into your FPS definition? More than 1/3 of the cast can't headshot. Should hitscan be emphasized or are torb projectiles ok? You want to just delete the tank and support categories or rework them into damage?

Some of the most iconic fps weapons are neither hitscan nor have a head shot multiplier, friend. Tribes Spinfusor, Quake Rocket Launcher, UT Shock combos etc.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Wheeee posted:

The curated new player experience will feel bad if you're not one of the people living life on the wrong side of the bell curve that they've had to accommodate with the change, but you won't be losing games because of it since you'll be getting matched up with similarly new players and/or extremely bad old ones.

Now there's a question I haven't seen answered, are we rolling into OW2 with the same hidden MMR or is everyone starting fresh? I assume it at least partially carries over

quote:

All players that were ranked in Competitive prior to Overwatch 2 will have their rank modified post-launch. Overwatch 2 is a very different game, so we applied a formula that gives returning players an opportunity to redefine their rank when they dive into updated Competitive. Most players will find their rank is slightly lower when they start out, as they will be learning new concepts and metas. However, players who got to learn more about the game in our betas, or who follow the Overwatch League, may find themselves ranked higher than ever

I'd guess about the same MMR (with decay applied) but with the uncertainty cranked up. Soft MMR reset, as the kids call it.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's just me being salty but I really don't like Orisa planting her feet and stopping a rein charge. Yeah I saw the cinema, yeah I should know it's going to happen, but damnit hockey slamming the other tank into a nearby wall is like 90% of my initiation.

Is that still in 2? I heard she had a spear but I thought it replaced the barrier?

Fortify doesn't give cc immunity afaik but she can still spear your rear end to cancel charges

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

Maybe I'm just a big brained genius but the new robot pushing mode isn't that complicated. Why do I see so many people treating it like they're asking you to do calculus while skydiving.

Change scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

Trying to spin back up my thoroughly mediocre gold-tier comp brain:

Where should I be, generally speaking, as Brig? Just behind the tank, trying to land whip shots? Further back and positioned at the mouth of a flank route so that I'm still with the team but I'll be the first person a flank dps encounters? Somewhere else? Do I want to wait near corners and surprise enemies?

Is a DPS that ends up in melee with Brig in trouble, or is the Brig in trouble? If it varies bases on the hero, what are some good and match ups.

Should I start a fight with charge + whip? Or charge, melee, whip to finish? Something else?

There are two wolves in Brigitte's heart. One wants to be cozy with their friends, one just wants to go apeshit.