Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Dont think im gonna touch comp but im stoked for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

oh cool flex queue gives battle pass xp *checks battle pass* oh cool battle pass xp gives absolutely nothing rn

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

logged in with no problems, played some good games with great latency and then logged out because my account merge with my switch account wasn't finished and i'm at "0 players in queue ahead of you" :(

e: now i'm at "40000 players in queue ahead of you" which tbh feels slightly better

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

spunkshui posted:

**Unexpected server error**

IN QUEUE: 0 PLAYERS AHEAD OF YOU

No!!!!

same lol. Might go back to bed and play switch for a bit while they sort this out. Today was technically meant to be a study day anyway

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

MH still goated. For a while I though they'd tweaked it to always have at least one of each role on each team but no, it was just an insanely balanced run at it. The only thing I'm mad about is they got rid of the fire gauge which was the one visible metric that I actually thought was useful. Queue times in QP are great. Junker Queen is a lot of fun to play but she feels like rein in that if your healers aren't pumping resources into you its hard to get much value out of her

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 5, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i'm still blown away that qp queue times are almost exactly equal for each role. They should just refuse to release any other type of hero other than support

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mystery Heros is somehow even more fun with the enhanced tanks. You need to focus the tanks a little bit but they're still quite killable

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

wait you have to unlock characters for competitive play? How the gently caress do you do that? I just queued in and I had mercy unlocked and that was it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

so does anyone know how to unlock characters for comp? because whenever I ask in game people just tell me to play the game but it feels pretty gross to play comp with a tiny fraction of the roster unlocked and its unclear if I specifically have to play in comp to unlock characters for comp

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I suppose it makes perfect sense that dva can eat nano but I've literally never seen it happen in trash ranks or qp

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm loving junker queens awful accent. If you told me the voice actor was a seppo I'd believe you but she's australian. I desperately hope that there's a lore dump where it turns out JQ is from burbank or something and is just desperately affecting the accent

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Weird of you to think youve said anything worth remembering in 4 months

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I don’t know why, but Winston doesn’t seem as effective now. DVa seems to be doing Winston’s job way better

As a trash tier tank im finding this mostly just because dvas shorter mobility cooldown lets you get in and out quicker, meaning im punished far less for bad engages. I guess its always been the case but having a dva go in with me as winston always mitigated that i suppose?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't believe this game has been out for days and they still haven't figured out how to stop existing OW1 players accounts from having characters locked what the actual gently caress

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I keep ricocheting sharply between "this game is insanely fun and feels so fresh to play despite being an iteration of a game i have been playing for years" and "I cannot believe how incredibly inept the implementation of every single aspect of this game is" at a dangerous and potentially unhealthy pace. That's blizzard magic baby

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Does crossplay allow console players to play with pcplayers in comp now? That seems like an oversight. Console comp was a lot softer and pretty fun when you only played against console pool so thats a bummer. It also runs surprisingly well on switch but screw queing comp if its a global pool

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It sure is neat that the only issues with overwatch 2 are related to cosmetics

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah i had that problem only in comp yesterday and then today had it in qp. Logging out and back in fixes it but calling it a fix when the times to login are so massive is a sick joke

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Having kiriko unlocked but not ana was a big wtf moment from me last night

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Vermain posted:

my aim is miserable when i'm trying to accurately track targets and passable when i'm twitching my wrist and hoping for the best

I dont play dps a lot and when i do i dont often play hitscan but when i play ashe i make an alarming amount of headshots just wildly doing this instead of carefully aiming

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Aipsh posted:

Also is it just me or is absolutely nobody on mic? Have I got a setting wrong or something? (Not that I use it but I’ve just not heard a single word since I started ow2)

Im noticing this too, even in comp. In qp theres maybe one guy being a huge rear end in a top hat and three players not in channel. Maybe new players not realising autojoin is a thing or older players trying to focus on learning new rhythms i dunno. Qp voice in ow1 was typically quite wholesome and fun for me

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

verbal enema posted:

doesnt stop me from hearing a reaper CLOMP CLOMP CLOMPING behind me while drunk and still going huh wonder what that noise is

Lol same.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

verbal enema posted:

has Moira always had a super jump after she leaves her cloak???

She always had a little bit of extra vertical momentum but at some point this year they just leaned into it and gave her the massive jump she has now, I wanna say around the time of the first ow2 beta but it was in ow1

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Support is fun imo but with the caveat that you need to constantly have a plan to deal with the inevitable backline reaper

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think its fun to have a constant recurring game of hide and seek with enemy dps like one of those asymmetrical horror games but it feels a lot more stressful than ow1 so i understand the complaint

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Just a few days of having absolutely no serious peel in most of my games is doing wonders for my sleep dart aim which is nice

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Im thankful qp kirikos seem to use their clense quite liberally since it has a very obvious sound cue and a cooldown about as long as the nade duration but i imagine ana is going to be a lot less satisfying once kiriko winds up in comp

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I have also been having a great time with brig but i still havent unlearned the muscle memory to immediately shield bash ulting reapers and its hosed me over too many times already

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Im queuing qp with a 5 stack with three new players and we are getting rolled a lot but its amazing how well the newbies are improving playing in a group with comms and quite frankly theyll probably be better than me by the time we start comp

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Give wallrun to everyone so that it doesn't feel vaguely orientalist that only japanese characters have it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hadn't run into the "heros locked" bug for a few days now but more than half the people in the QP game I was just playing had it including myself

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The last few days were so smooth that it was actually surprising logging in today and realising it had gone back to being a piece of poo poo again. It was literally unplayable the first day or two and you can at least play the game now which is nice

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't see this a lot, but it absolutely owns when you get a torb that places his turret defensively to essentially act as peel for me as a support when you're on an objective defense

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

is the game down for anyone else? Launcher has a message about how they're aware of the hero bug but doesn't say anything about maintenance

whoops new posts above mine answer the question, assuming those times are about nowish

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Let junker queen say the C word

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

so is it just me or does bo3 have different rules around overtime now? It seems like in certain circumstances (I think when your team has already capped the point in OT maybe?) you don't actually get overtime at the end of a match, it just gives you the W

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sigma is clearly kadabra

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I dont mute comms because I like OW2 as a social game and I like talking to people but if it is my earnest and considered opinion that the "I need healing" button shouldn't be available in QP or any comp level below at least gold if not plat

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'll admit this would rob me of one of my greatest joys in this game, a rein doing a full length pin right through the other team, getting deleted and their corpse saying "I need healing" 5+ times, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Im not saying its the correct decision but it is consistant with moira and mercy having their healing be their primary fire by default, which in turn makes a certain amount of sense given they are healers. I play moira on console and despite using her default key bindings for pc i switch the primary and secondary on console because it feels more natural to have right trigger held down constantly