Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Fifteen years, we've been watching Blizzard games poo poo the bed on launch days and patch Tuesdays, and yet, the lesson has still not been learned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I've been away from the game for a good long time, and dipping my toe in it it seems... fine? The battlepass is COD-esque, hero mastery scratches the 'number go up' itch, the gauntlet... well maybe it's more fun with humans cause the AI one seemed to just go on and on, QP and MH are inimitable and Mei-ing around in flashpoint is way more fun than running back to that loving robot again in push.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The solution to goats was pharmacy and brig, the solution to brig was pharmacy, the solution to pharmacy was... um... git gud.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

the just insane, pervasive, unrestrained toxicity of the playerbase for years on end left an absolutely horrible taste in the mouths of most people who played it at one point or another

The optimist in me wants to believe that this was because paying players "deserve" to play but it's probably closer to the truth to say that blizzard "can't be hosed" to stamp out that sort of thing because that'd need resources they don't have.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

What's the fix for the game suddenly just deciding to lag in mid-fight? OW1 didn't do this and it is definitely not the computer.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 23, 2024

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ok they aren't all irredeemable shitfuckers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Vermain posted:

valorant's newest character is also nonbinary, i think we're just finally at the point culturally where companies feel they can start representing them openly without society blowing a gasket

I have some bad news about the portion of society that tends to talk during games of overwatch

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Oh cool a skin pack for paladins

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Keep the magic tree line

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The company that censored "gg ez" but not the n-word confirms its hardline stance against the word "poo poo" only eight years after the game's release.

Well done lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

They did say they were cutting staff in those positions, and there weren't enough to begin with. The rest adds up: the bans are for being reported, not for doing anything, AND there may also now be a bot doing a terrible job of moderating chat