Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

To Overwatch's credit the original game designer is no longer at Blizzard, because he was probably a sex pest. So maybe the balance will be better this time but it's unlikely. The monetization for Overwatch 2 is dog poo poo loving stupid though, and no one who bought the original game gets any of the new heroes for free like what was normal before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minera posted:

just picked up a copy of overwatch 1 at walmart, on sale for 20 bucks... what am i in for

Overwatch 2 is free, there was no reason to buy Overwatch 1. Not only that, the game is cross platform progression now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Delsaber posted:

I'm gonna park myself in Mystery Heroes and randomly lob Junkrat grenades everywhere while spamming voice lines, just like the old days

Junkrat forever no matter what.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

are you talking about jeff? is there any actual allegations or are you just assuming thats why he left?

I think there was some vague accusations if I remember correctly, it's hard to keep up with all of that. All of the men in the top positions pretty much turned out to be gross in someway though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want a Team Fortress 3 but Valve doesnt make video games anymore. :qq:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I downloaded Overwatch last night thinking it would just upgrade to Overwatch 2, but are we actually having to download a whole new client?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

imagine dungeons posted:

Anyone here still horny for Junkrat?

I am despite his combed hair.

Yep. Junkrat for life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junkrat is one of the most classic competitive FPS characters in the game due to his grenade launcher. I present Quake, and Unreal Tournament as evidence.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am in place 30,000 in the queue.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

Fifteen years, we've been watching Blizzard games poo poo the bed on launch days and patch Tuesdays, and yet, the lesson has still not been learned

Really this isn't even launch day, it's just a new patch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrBox posted:

Yeah sure just like every wow expansion is just a patch.

This update literally doesn't add anything, it makes the character models look worse, and replaces the monetization.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

verbal enema posted:

ay wtf i had Witch Mercy and now its Combat Medic instead what is this poo poo

Losing Witch Mercy instantly sends this game into the trash bin. This better not be the case on my account.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Lol I got in after getting disconnected, accidentally clicked the wrong, queue, canceled out to go to the right one, and it disconnected me again :thumbsup: How is server day always so bad, Blizzard. You've been doing this so long

and for a game that launched in 2016 at that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No, apparently it's not even demand, there is a denial of service attack on Blizzard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still not able to play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It blows my mind that this game has been running for 6 years, and they manage to screw up a minor patch pretending to be a major update. The literal only difference is that a logo artist put a 2 next to Overwatch. This was a really pathetic rebrand of the game in order to bring back people, and the pay off so far has not been worth it for anyone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BabyRyoga posted:

Gameplay seems higher skill ceiling for sure, but I wanna say

If you solo queue, you are probably hosed. This game is twice as poo poo to play as OW1 if you aren't on the same page as the rest of your team. Granted, there is one less person per team so that is more likely to happen, but i've had some absolutely miserable games due to no team cohesion. Ultimately, that is why most of the people I know that were heavy into OW1 ended up quiting the game; it got to the point where it was a chore to play anything but a premade.

So the game will just end up falling into the same trap as before because Blizzard learned nothing, its population will drop off to almost nothing, and it'll get rebranded yet again as Overwatch 3. Good to know this now rather than later.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wait, people are actually getting it to load? I got to the main OverWatch screen but nothing was filled in, everything was gray and not even an option to queue.

God knows how. I think it depends on where you live and the region server you're connecting to. I've been trying since noon today though with no luck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

incorporeal posted:

Why? You seem extremely uninterested in every part of this game

Yeah i'm wondering that too because its obvious this game is still bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This seems like one of those things that happens when no one making the decisions or planning is trans or a woman.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Non-males feel unwelcome in gaming, so let's find the most off putting and gross solution possible to make sure they don't come within a mile of our boys club.

It's such a stupid solution that it has to be intentional.

Considering the kind of company that Blizzard is, you have a 95% chance of being correct.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

None of this bolds well for the upcoming WoW expansion, and Diablo 4, if Blizzard can’t even get out a minor Overwatch update that adds a 2 to the title and branding.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

None of those are free to play games.

Neither was Overwatch, it was $60 for six straight years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It was a good idea to make Overwatch 2 free to play, but people move on from free to play games extremely fast, especially if their launch isn’t working. The longer Blizzard can’t get their poo poo together, the faster Overwatch is just going to return back to being a mostly dead game again.