Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Chiming in with another congrats, OP. I didn't post in too many of your threads, but I did at least peek into all of them. You generally posted late at night in my time zone, so it was something small to look forward to before bed, or after I woke up.

Too bad us plebians will never know the secrets of your threads hidden behind locked doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Now do Journey to the Center of the Earth

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

That was nice, op. I literally used this thread to urge a friend to come back to SA after years, like a little roadmap of forums

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Friend posted:

Now do Journey to the Center of the Earth

Lol

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Chiming in with another "congrats OP"!

This was fun. Not only was it cool to see different forums currently active, but it was also a bit of a historical trip, too. Some of these subforums exist thanks to long-past trends of online poo poo as well as SA interests. It was cool to remember when specific types of posts cluttered certain forums facilitating a subforum that's perhaps not as populated as it's heyday.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Green Wing posted:

That was nice, op. I literally used this thread to urge a friend to come back to SA after years, like a little roadmap of forums

Awesome! I wish I could convince anyone to come back / join the forums. Everyone hates all the social media they use, but they are also extremely resistant to the idea of using anything else. :iiam:

There are only 8 days left (including today), so I might just make a few bonus threads and go for a full 80 threads if I haven't already worn out my welcome or anything.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Green Wing posted:

Honestly I wonder if there's a way we can promote this on either the front page or on social media. It'd be a great way to showcase all the forums have to offer

Wintermute get in here with your ideas!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wintertime is the admin assistant. wintermute is the malevolent AI from 80s cyberpunk.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Listen here you little poo poo :argh:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wintertime is the admin assistant. wintermute is the malevolent AI from 80s cyberpunk.
Potato, potato.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

This would be a fun front page writeup. Alas.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ColdPie posted:

This would be a fun front page writeup. Alas.

Dear Coupons & Deals, We Were Wrong

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Bonus thread! Traditional dress

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
this thread has now become like a slot machine or a mario kart item box when the op posts a new bonus thread because it could be about anything

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

come back and visit byob :banjo:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bonus thread! Pie thread for appreciating pie in

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017
white man "discovers" things

b mad at me fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 15, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bonus thread! Dipping sauces

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bonus thread! Workin' in space

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Are you doing a full victory lap of the forums?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Go post in the Friday Forum while it's up today!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

Are you doing a full victory lap of the forums?

No, just making a round 80 threads / 80 days of posting since it's just a couple more.

Saoshyant posted:

Go post in the Friday Forum while it's up today!

Oh wow, thank you for the warning! I'll get right on it!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New (bonus?) thread is up! Stayin' up late on a Friday

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bonus thread is up! Establishing the first government on Mars

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bonus thread is up! No-context wrestling clips

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is a perfect thread for PSP, thanks for returning :love:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bonus thread is up! Around the World in 80 Days (1956)

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's 80 threads!

And with that, I believe I win my wager.

$0.

I will leave this thread up for the next ~24 hours since, due to math, tomorrow is the actual last day. Then I'll lock it, and the mods can archive it after that if they'd like.

Thanks, everyone, for coming on this posting adventure with me!

Also, I finally read the book watched the movie based on the book. 🎩:toot:⏱️

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

Shadow0 posted:

Also, I finally read the book watched the movie based on the book. 🎩:toot:⏱️

Maybe you should have watched the anime instead

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Obfuscation posted:

Maybe you should have watched the anime instead

I wasn't sure if I was going to watch the first 1958 film or the 2004 film with Jackie Chan, so I got both - I'll watch the 2004 one later I think. But I will definitely add this to my to-watch list too!

Rarity posted:

This is a perfect thread for PSP, thanks for returning :love:

Thanks for having me! The PSP goons have been extremely welcoming throughout the trip.
I've been loving the replies in the thread.

I will probably take my other ideas I had lying around and make threads out of them in the future, but I think that's enough threads for one year. :tootzzz:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You should watch Michael Palin's around the world in 80 days 7-part TV series from 1989. He's an entertaining guy and although it's getting old now it's still pretty wonderfully shot and a really positive view towards multiculturalism, travel, and the preciousness of the world. This was the first of several series he would wind up making about traveling, I think Pole to Pole was even better maybe.

In the series he's not allowed to use aircraft and he tries to follow the route in the book as closely as possible. He also refers to the BBC film crew as passepartout, which is endearing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Congrats again on completing the journey and now the victory lap, it's been a great follow!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

OP should get the forums equivalent of a knighthood, whatever that is

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Ban immunity

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

banned

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Snowy posted:

Ban immunity

lmao both somehow perfect

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
he gets the c word pass in gbs

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Congrats! I feel like I've posted the same version of this message like 8 times but it's been really fun to watch and read

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Snowy posted:

Ban immunity

Ban immunity and he gets 80 days of free redtext additions to his posting enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Leperflesh posted:

You should watch Michael Palin's around the world in 80 days 7-part TV series from 1989. He's an entertaining guy and although it's getting old now it's still pretty wonderfully shot and a really positive view towards multiculturalism, travel, and the preciousness of the world. This was the first of several series he would wind up making about traveling, I think Pole to Pole was even better maybe.

In the series he's not allowed to use aircraft and he tries to follow the route in the book as closely as possible. He also refers to the BBC film crew as passepartout, which is endearing.

Seconding this, it's a wonderful series and Palin is a completely charming person.

e: It seems to be up on Iplayer if you are in the UK, or have nefarious means of accessing the BBC

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 20, 2022