Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Literally A Person posted:

WHERE ARE THE LINKS

IN THE OP :P

Phone users need to scroll right on the table displaying the schedule.

Sorry, I forgot to check that before I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Shadow0 posted:

IN THE OP XD

But they're not

:confused:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

did you try reading the op with your eyes open?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Shadow0 posted:

IN THE OP :P

Phone users need to scroll right on the table displaying the schedule.

Sorry, I forgot to check that before I posted.

lolololol

It all makes sense now, OP.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
curse you awful app :argh:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Come post in The 5000 Page Thread, the smartest, most attractive, coolest, friendliest thread on the whole internet OP

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Unironically awesome to see users posting here and exploring more of SA! It’s tough getting users to leave their home forums.

And also that applies to me. I don’t explore enough.

I am never leaving GBS Strix!!!!!!!!!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I love posting in other forums. Really spread the stink around, you know??

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Honestly, this has been my fear for the past few months while I was planning this all out. But I'm sure they're good people there. :)

Ya reckon, hunh? Seriously, swap out the FYAD visit with another subforum, on your list or off it, and if you really must visit FYAD at all, go there last.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
New thread! :toot:
Come marvel at my personal madness! :confuoot:
I take a lot of pictures

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 15, 2022

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Shadow0 posted:

New thread! :toot:
Come marvel at my personal madness! :confuoot:

I think you have a way to fill up more than one page of the eventual PMF thread

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BigBadSteve posted:

Ya reckon, hunh? Seriously, swap out the FYAD visit with another subforum, on your list or off it, and if you really must visit FYAD at all, go there last.

this is good advice tbqh

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This is actually a really fun and original idea and I think this should be stickied until the journey is over. OP I'm going to follow along the best I can

Godspeed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If he falls ill or injured does he have backup forums to rest/recover at? It would be wise to schedule in some flex time if posting emergencies arise.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wishing OP's fate is not him becoming a fyad POW

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

fyad is lame af

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I went to FYAD once and it was entirely hate speech and noodle armed internet jockeys. Sad.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm interested to see how FYAD reacts :shrug:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Literally A Person posted:

I went to FYAD once and it was entirely hate speech and noodle armed internet jockeys. Sad.

Somebody should shut that place down.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
razz and buddy emote will probably feature heavily

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Make it sting

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Just wait until Tuesday

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
📝 Travel update:

I still have TCC on my mind. I meant to include these thoughts in the last update, but hey, I think it's not too late!
I know GBS is where all the cries for a restaurant subforum came from, but it is quite funny to me that TCC is a subforum of GBS rather than the more sensible GWS.
Here I think we first encountered something that has been on my mind since I first came up with this whole idea: If the idea is good enough to be a thread, why isn't it already?
My thread was thus necessarily a bit of niche topic, but there were some nice replies, and maybe some posters with some knowledge or passion for the subject might drop in at any time in the future!

SAFPD... Now here's a sleepy subforum. And no wonder! The front page itself was already a pretty unknown entity, and that was before it had been in 2 years! Hard to think of something to say at that point about it. I'm not much of a comedian or a writer either. Well, the thread'll sit on the first page for at least the next decade, so there's that!
Edit: I do miss the front page though. I didn't drop by often, but there were some really funny articles from time to time! And it was nice to go through the backlog of some of the long-running pieces! I hope it comes back one day!

E/N is usually a pretty lively place from the times I've dropped by before. (Un)fortunately, I don't have anything particularly major going on in my life right now. Some really helpful goons did drop by, which was lovely! Maybe in the coming days, something will come of the thread.

Tomorrow, I take my first steps out of the Greater GBSland Area!

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 24, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Best of luck on your reading travels. gently caress the haters, FYAD posting is as close as you can get to meeting the Oracle of Delphi, it'll be fun. A small group of internet friends will compare the weight of your post history against a feather. You'll be fine op

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

e/n these days is, for better or worse, fairly megathread oriented. The individual threads are great for when you want to tell your story or get more specific advice, but to my knowledge people aren't refreshing the forum itself to check for new threads all the time.

As a modding aside, I'm happy with the current state of e/n as a mental health / general life advice forum instead of a drama circus like it was in the old days. It was most of the way there when I got my star, and I've done my best to keep it genuine where it counts. This also helps keep e/n from being redundant - if you want weird stories, there are other, more appropriate forums for that!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I am absolutely excited to see what happens tomorrow

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
OP, I respect you. But I am going to be honest I can't wait for your FYAD and LP thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Katamari Democracy posted:

OP, I respect you. But I am going to be honest I can't wait for your FYAD and LP thread.

Gonna be waiting a long time for that LP thread

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The day of FYAD is upon us.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sigher posted:

The day of FYAD is upon us.

:ohdear:

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I've been trying to help you get the replies you're looking for but I don't go to FYAD, good luck tho :munch:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Good luck, OP. Don’t get mugged!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is like when you send your kid off to the first day of high school and just hope no one bullies him :pray:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i shall attempt to vote 2 in every one of your threads

e; voted 2

dee eight fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 6, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Good luck OP, sending my best Vibes

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Good soup! posted:

Excited to see your FYAD thread op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
the most important thing to remember is to just post normal in fyad. don't try to hard. just make funny jokes and it'll be fine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FYAD is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In FYAD you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the FYAD motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Rarity posted:

FYAD is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In FYAD you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the FYAD motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

That's a strange way to type byob...