Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I actually really like the aboveground city sections of Kurast because I think the game shows the scale of the city pretty well here. Plus, I like peeking around the buildings for treasure chests, and, while it's just my bias showing, I feel like I've had a great track record of finding extremely useful items or weapons in these areas, even off random pots or trees or skeletons in the environment. The sewer is not good though, which is why I specified aboveground only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

This kind of stuff is why I loved playing Eastern Sun. I didn't even get super heavily into the endgame or grinding aspects of ES, but my brain synapses fire perfectly in sync with the kind of ridiculous breadth of options and customization that the mod offers. D2 in general did that for me as a teen, and I think it's why I loved playing it so much. I just really enjoyed collecting all kinds of things and then using them in fun ways. Efficiency? Nah, I'm just playing Normal, time to create a lightning damage Maul for my Barbarian just because.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:laffo:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I just fought these guys earlier today in ES playing as a Bowazon and had a relatively easy time pushing through. I think it's because my Magic Arrow skill is level 20 and they don't resist it well. But I do remember being carried through Hell in ES years ago and yeah those guys were not joking around.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

achtungnight posted:

Someone created an Undead Cow Level? Wow. Shame they didn’t throw in a Cow Skeleton King.

They did actually! Kind of. There's a superunique named Cow King's Ghost in the Lost Farm.