Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I remember playing D2 when I was young and not understanding poo poo about builds. As in In putting at least one point in every single skill because what if I need that one some time? Also rarely ever used poitions, but somehow still survived pretty well. Despite that I managed to make it surprisingly far, getting a level (iirc) 44 paladin to act 3 nightmare after stumbling into Fanactism+Zeal as a combo with a very fast weapon and lifesteal, making me nearly invincible in combat despite not updating my gear for several acts.

Then I hit a dungeon with fetish shamans and was completelyunable to continue.

I also couldn't play it anymore past that point when I did start learning how to specialize builds because my future computers couldn't run it for some reason. Still have the original CDs with keys to use, but can't put them to use. Sad times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Simply Simon posted:

I'm pretty sure you only need the CD keys, then you can download the game itself for free

This would be great, as my current computer doesn't even have a CD drive.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Baal is the lord of destruction, after all. What is he going to do, leave a city near him unrazed?