Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
It's one of those things where the plot couldn't possibly happen the way it does if everyone involved didn't have their heads firmly planted up their own respective rear end, but hoo boy is it frustrating when it starts to become apparent that that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Explopyro posted:

Honestly, thinking about it, the Bloody Foothills are one of my favourite areas, even if I wouldn't normally think to put it on a list of the game's high points. It's just really satisfying to hack through the area alongside the Barbarian warriors (you can even support them with any auras or buffs you might have), and feels like your character is part of a bigger war effort in a way the rest of the game doesn't (outside of here and a few named NPCs like Flavie, the only fellow adventurers you see are corpses). And also, the catapults and obstacles etc do at least add a bit of a twist, these areas feel a bit more dynamic than previous ones.

I pretty much have to echo this; it's been quite a long time since I last played Diablo 2, but this was one of, if not the only, areas in the game that actually made you feel like you were part of something larger than yourself. As ineffective as they were at killing demons, I went out of my way to try and keep as many of the Barbs alive as I could whenever I went through this area of the game.