Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Di-AB-LOOOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Cain shows up in Diablo 3 too, where he finally dies. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back in 4 though, maybe as a spirit.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Butcher returns in Diablo 3 along with at least one other boss from Diablo 1 (the Skeleton King). They’re both pretty tough early game foes. I don’t think they repeated any Diablo 2 bosses in 3 other than the title character but I could be wrong.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Diablo 3 also features a desert city and a sewer level in its second act. A Horardric Mage also figures prominently. Can't say Blizzard doesn't get repetitive.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Zoltan Kule pops up in Diablo 3 as an Act 2 advisor and later a dungeon boss. Funny you should mention him.

Yes, he starts out dead in the game. But the D3 player revives him for advice on how to defeat the demons. Zoltan briefly provides help, then turns on the player and tries to kill them, as psycho evil mages typically do. The person who advised us to revive Kule also turns out to be an enemy later on. You can’t trust anyone in Diablo, especially Diablo 3. Except Cain, as long as he stays alive.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Snake demons were major enemies in Diablo 3’s desert too. Not the same snake demons but still…

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Possible. Memories of game plot hazy. It was very convoluted.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The angels take on a central role in Diablo 3, where Imperius is an annoyance (especially because he’s not a boss fight) and another member of the Council serves as main antagonist of the expansion (I won’t spoil that). Tyrael is an ally once again.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You know where you are? You’re in the jungle, baby! You’re going to die!

Somehow that line doesn’t have the same impact with this jungle. Huh.

I mean, it’s Diablo. Of course we’re going to die.

This post amused me. Hope it does the same for you.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

DarkMatt posted:

New update. Made this one in advance so I could chill. The good news is it worked and the bad news is I can't remember the last 4 days.

Memories are a funny thing. I have good clear memories of living through the 1960s, despite having been born in 1979. A hippie once told me- “If you remember the ‘60s, you weren’t there!” I guess he’s right.

This part of the game does indeed suck. Thankfully you don’t have to spend too much time in it after the first slog. And Mephisto isn’t too difficult.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Izual comes back in Diablo 3, but I don’t remember him being that tough. Diablo comes back too, naturally. So the game is lying that this is the end for either of them.

At least the final act of base Diablo 3 sends you to Heaven, not Hell.

You’re doing the expansion too, right?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If angels & demons don’t have free will, how did Izual fall? How did Lilith rebel? How come Tyrael helps humans and Imperius hates them? It does not compute.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Diablo is down. Now let’s see how/if Baal tops him.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
That’s not what I… never mind.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

DarkMatt posted:

I'm amazed you guessed exactly why it stopped. What a psychic.

Hey, I've written enough fanfic to know how it flows. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Losers are often traitors and vice versa.

Diablo is actually famous for its cow levels, joke areas that are surprisingly dangerous. Wonder what this game’s is like.
My bad. There is no cow level.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 10, 2022

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Tyrael becomes the Archangel of Wisdom at the end of Diablo 3. This should surprise and worry you, considering how much you dislike him.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Someone created an Undead Cow Level? Wow. Shame they didn’t throw in a Cow Skeleton King.

Enjoy your vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Almost as good. Moo-phisto would also rock if implemented. :)