Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I didn't mind "addicting" until I heard someone actually try to argue that it was correct and apparently had been unaware of "addictive" and even tried suggesting it must have been a US/UK difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't think this one has been mentioned, but don't really care if it has. Seeing people use OP to refer to anyone other than the person who started a thread is really irritating. I know it's one of those things a lot of people have started doing simply because it is annoying, and saying anything about it will just encourage them, but it really is annoying.

Edit: On reflection, OP is also acceptable as an abbreviation referring to the first post - the OP of the thread. It can be the originator of a thread, or the first post of a thread, BUT IT CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE.

Well, unless you're referring to being OP in a videogame, but that's a completely different thing.

I get the feeling some folks think OP stands for "Other Poster."

Thing is, I'm pretty sure I just figured it meant "Original Poster" on my own years ago so for all I know maybe I'm the mistaken one!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Phyzzle posted:

Which reminds me that people often use too many periods.

"I like living in the U.S. Army 1st division headquarters has free pizza on Fridays."
is correct.

"I like living in the U.S.. Army 1st division headquarters has free pizza on Fridays."
is breaking the rules.

This is what semicolons are for.