Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gangrel was cool. He was a Dracula what wrestled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick fuckin owned

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wrestling is cool because it's a big popular entertainment product where people do insanely reckless poo poo that should 100% not be legal and everyone's just chill with it for some reason

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Love a figure-4 around the ringpost. It is pleasing to me

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Heel vs heel matches are really fun when it's just two pieces of poo poo trying to out-cheat each other and steal a victory. Wrestlers finding increasingly petty ways to cheat during matches are what elevate wrestling above lesser sports like football.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like it, i love it when wrestlers get drpped on their shoulders and upper back, and tilt their head. it looks like they died To the neck but they're completely ok.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to be even more positive than ever before and say this. wrestling is in a supremely healthy state. It's possible to have over 500 favorite wrestlers who you are genuinely very familiar with and love, and see them all showcasing their skills somewhere on a video feed. and another thing: All Elite Wrestling!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nothing is better than two dudes slapping the poo poo out of each other

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Trying posted:

Love a figure-4 around the ringpost. It is pleasing to me

big figure four guy right here

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

german suplex

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ivypls posted:

german suplex

:hmmyes:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ivypls posted:

german suplex

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Any suplex that ends in a pinning predicament, especially when the suplexer goes into tiptoe.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love when two big boys square off man to man

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Sami Zayn :)

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

CombineThresher posted:

Heel vs heel matches are really fun when it's just two pieces of poo poo trying to out-cheat each other and steal a victory. Wrestlers finding increasingly petty ways to cheat during matches are what elevate wrestling above lesser sports like football.

This sounds great. Any matches I should chase down?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Kenny Omega vs Tory Yano in the G1s is always a good place to go. Two cheating shitheads trying to out-shithead each other.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Toru Yano is the greatest babyface in the world actually

everyone loves Toru Yano

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i simultaneously hate and respect the title of this thread

to contribute I just love flippy but impactful poo poo. give me more black arrows. one of my favorite matches was a throwaway 10 minute match between tajiri in psychosis in ECW because it had a bunch of cool poo poo and they beat the hell out of each other

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I love when stablemates fight and the rest of the stable are at ringside to support both their friends and they are all still friends afterwards

e: Actually, I just love when stables are at ringside with no intention of cheating. Like when Takeshita challenged Higuchi the other week, there were 6 people at ringside and were just there to cheer for the people in the ring

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 4, 2022

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Hand Knit posted:

Tully Blanchard used to do stuff like this in the NWA with guys who were heels everywhere else.

Somewhat related, one match I'd recommend is Tully and Lex Luger against Brad and Bullet Bob Armstrong from one of the Crockett Cups. The babyfaces spend a long time abusing Tully to keep him from tagging Lex in a hilarious reversal of the traditional hot tag bit; the Horsemen fans in the crowd were losing it because Tully kept getting so close, and everyone else was losing it because two babyfaces were beating the mortal dogshit out of Tully. It owned.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

also love anything with a good bridge. perfectplex may be my favorite move

and overly complicated pinning moves. crucifix, la magistral, would probably pop if someone did a backslide, havent seen one of those in forever and I don't know if i've ever seen one that actually worked. when i was a kid and someone did a small package I would always wonder what the big package was

batista

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Venomous posted:

Toru Yano is the greatest babyface in the world actually

everyone loves Toru Yano

That's the guy with the papier mache head, and has that spot where he gets the hot tag, gets body slammed three times, does the hulk hogan point and keels over, right? I laugh at that spot every time I see it.

Also thanks to all for the recommendations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I appreciate a well executed piledriver. I popped like crazy for Punk piledriving Cena

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Critical posted:

also love anything with a good bridge. perfectplex may be my favorite move

and overly complicated pinning moves. crucifix, la magistral, would probably pop if someone did a backslide, havent seen one of those in forever and I don't know if i've ever seen one that actually worked. when i was a kid and someone did a small package I would always wonder what the big package was

batista

Genki Horiguchi winning with a backslide always makes me happy.

Hand Knit posted:

That's the guy with the papier mache head, and has that spot where he gets the hot tag, gets body slammed three times, does the hulk hogan point and keels over, right? I laugh at that spot every time I see it.

Also thanks to all for the recommendations.

Kikutaro is the one with the papier mache head, and he is great.

Toru Yano is a New Japan guy who is a bit of a trickster god figure, he likes winning by roll-up when his opponent is arguing with a ref, or using athletic tape to tie his opponents to the barrier so they get counted out

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i think maki itoh is cool and good.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i think maki itoh is cool and good.

You are correct.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Kikutaro is the one with the papier mache head, and he is great.

Toru Yano is a New Japan guy who is a bit of a trickster god figure, he likes winning by roll-up when his opponent is arguing with a ref, or using athletic tape to tie his opponents to the barrier so they get counted out

Ah, well, I like the sound of this guy.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Ivypls posted:

german suplex

https://youtu.be/3wsbqOwr3ZY

:allears:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Alicia Fox's Northern Lights Suplex

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
poisonrana and crucifix bomb are my favorites poo poo is gnarly as hell

a well timed poisonrana in a hot as gently caress match will make me leap off the couch and holler

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

poisonrana and crucifix bomb are my favorites poo poo is gnarly as hell

a well timed poisonrana in a hot as gently caress match will make me leap off the couch and holler

poisonrana hit the jackpot combo of best move and best name

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love when RVD would do his splash and hold his stomach like he really hurt himself doing it. He probably did, actually.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this makes me extremely poz

great nut shot

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

My dream wrestler's finisher is a double axe handle delivered via bunnyhop from the first rope. It's too powerful though and theres a whole arc where he vows never to use it.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
my favourite thing about wrestling is how earnest it is. it's a character drama where characters and relationships develop through violence.

i also like when it's gnarly as hell.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Nothing is better than two dudes slapping the poo poo out of each other

big meaty men slappin meat!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wrestling has brought me a lot of joy in my life. I like the athleticism, I love the melodrama and I love how it hasn't ended.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I really love in Japanese wrestling when you get interpromotional young boy violence. I just watched the recent All Japan show which had Yuji Nagata & the 3 current Young Lions Oiwa, Fujita & Nakashima against All Japan's 2 rookies Inoue & Anzai (who just debuted 2 weeks ago), Kento Miyahara & Kento's Tag partner for the upcoming Tag League Takuya Nomura.

And they just go out and even though they have a limited moveset available they are just super hungry to prove themselves and so they batter the hell out of each other, they batter the hell out of the vets, or at least try to until getting inevitably levelled. Just so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

One of the things I like about Pro Wrestling is when the Heels have legitimate grievances against the Faces. So you get the Face announcer doing his best to try and twist logic and reality etc. into making them look like the good guys, and the Heel announcer just isn't having it.

Jesse Ventura and Gorilla Monsoon were masters at doing this.