Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I remember Milano from last season as a guy with middling hockey iq, decent skating and fantastic hand eye coordination. Playing under Dallas Eakins probably didn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Singing the US anthem in a game in Czechia is so loving stupid holy hell

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Ducks beybeee!

The team is exactly as good and as bad as expected. Weak backchecking, defense like swiss cheese and half the shots on goal compared to their opponent.

But that's okay when Terry is roofing backhanders, Ziggy is sniping top corners (and making fancy moves no one else is prepared to follow up on), Frankie is slapping the black off the puck and McTavish is making ice cold passes in the crease.

Every new addition to the team is looking great honestly (although it's a small sample size), but the old guard was largely unimpressive. The third line feels lacking in identity, being neither big scorers nor effective at shutting down offense.

I hope they can sneak into the playoffs so the young guns can cut their teeth a bit on the first round at least.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Gibson is gonna end up murdering an opposing player if the team keeps going like this. This road trip has been absolutely awful to watch.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

bub spank posted:

https://twitter.com/moneypuckdotcom/status/1585249320390926336?s=46&t=2NYqmCdl2y9NYvHejHjKfA

Just like we all expected. Radio Gudas, Cody Ceci, and 2 of Ottawa’s d-pairings.

Mahura sucked balls in Anaheim. That's really frustrating to see.

It's way too early in the season to draw conclusions, and I haven't watched any Panthers games, but goddamn it's time to fire Eakins.
At this point they're not tanking, they're just ruining the promising players they already have.

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

loving hell. I knew it was bad the way he was holding it while skating off. :negative:

He was looking so good this season too.