Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Chicago Blackhawks are going to be one of the worst teams in modern NHL history. They wont beat expansion year Caps for worst team, but I could see them being worse than 93 Sens/Sharks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

He is such a miserable curmudgeon.

A perfect fit for today's Flyers.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

I know preseason blah blah blah but Sid/Guentzel/Rakell looks fun so far

When does the injury curse usually kick in for the Pens?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Blueger is already hurt

I meant for Crosby specifically but I forgot its a team wide curse.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Koopa Kid posted:

I try to stay out of MLB posting because I haven’t dived too deep into the stats despite watching a lot of games, but I believe I disparaged the team’s pitching in the off-season N/V a while back and I stand by it.

Man, I sure hope there isn’t some sort of pitcher analogue in hockey, some sort of score-preventing player that the Leafs are also obviously flawed in…

I get that left D is thin for the Leafs but this seems to be overreacting.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Goalies score goals they dont stop them. Its right in the name!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Montreal sure picked a good time to advertise signing a sex offender to a 3 year deal.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

This is both loving horrifying and also you know that the NHL and whatever players he played were both aware at some level and it was swept under / not reported.

There’s only one response the NHL should do, and that’s where, upon verification (which obviously I believe it happened) that a NHL player forced sexual assault on a child / minor, that that person does not get to play hockey anymore, you are suspended for life, your contract is voided, get the gently caress out.

On top of that, dude won 2 cups with the Penguins, so his name should also be scratched off the cup.

Obviously this is the NHL we are talking about, so who knows if they will do ANY accountability , but until they start giving actual real consequences for people’s behavior (both players and people in any organization) , this poo poo is going to keep happening because they allow it to. loving ridiculous.

Its somehow worse. Its not just that there is no accountability, its that it is still approved and encouraged behaviour at practically every level of the sport.

The horrible poo poo in Chicago is going to end up being just the tip of the iceberg with how frequently these stories are coming out now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/canadiensmtl/status/1579577598795186176?s=46&t=p3_3Hs-UNfH6Fol3yaG-GQ

Entering the season with that defense sends a strong message right off the bat to Arizona and Chicago about the Bedard sweepstakes

Trade Chychrun and Patty Kane to stand a chance

And no Price between the pipes to make up for the bad D.

Though Chicago and Arizona arent exactly rocking the goalie department either.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its fine they still have a zamboni driver.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ottawa and Buffalo are fun teams to watch so far.

Vancouver is the opposite of that.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Saw this in an Elliotte Friedman article the other day, don't know if it was already posted. It's the first time I've ever heard of it. Seems like a really good and obvious thing to do, I'm kind of surprised it wasn't a thing already. Do the other major leagues do this ?

Trying to think who that one team is that is holding out and the only one that I can think of is Vegas. Maybe Arizona?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Guardian project was literally the only good thing this dumb league has ever done

:yeah:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ottawa might not be a good team but I have honestly enjoyed watching them. DeBrincat and Giroux are a match made in... well not Chicago or Philly.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Benning was just the most obvious problem, not the only one.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Paul Maurice will find a way to sneak you in to the playoffs and then get drastically outcoached as your team is swept in the first round.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Vancouver being what I expected the Flyers to be this year while the Flyers are what I expected Vancouver to be.

And we are only 5-6 games into the season!

Also Buffalo is pretty fun to watch. Them and Ottawa are keeping me tuning in to games I wouldnt normally watch.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DuhSal posted:

Yea it’s really nice.

I feel like so many masks today are lame generic “team logo” designs like you’d see in easports nhl19 or whatever. I remember in the 90s there were much more unique cool designs. I wonder if it’s a thing like teams want more team focus rather than individual (I remember price had to have more generic Habs designed masks bc I think of therrien)

Not 100% sure but that’s the impression I get

I think most goalies have cool masks (and pads!), theyre just limited to practices and poo poo.

e: I 100% see guys like Torts, Babcock and Therrien banning them during games because they are just awful jerks.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that is like textbook "ruin a prospect" treatment
why the gently caress aren't they sending him down

Ron Francis and Dave Hakstol might be incredibly bad at their jobs. Like, Jim Benning levels of bad.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Who will be chosen by the same guy that hired Hakstol

Its going to be Therrien, isn't it?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Has a team ever signed a legit star player and immediately poo poo the bed like Columbus appears to be doing?

Vegas getting Eichel by cheating LTIR and missing the playoffs comes close but this feels like it hasnt happened in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

Goalies are the craziest people on the ice.