Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Artix posted:

I can only hope that something was lost in translation here, because Milly, who spent several minutes at the end of the last video insisting that it was a great idea that we cross the desert and go to Azha, immediately asks why the gently caress we're doing this at the start of this one.

Not a translation thing (though, Japanese Milly doesn't say 'walk...for a while' in that vaguely negative way), but rather some poorly-considered reused dialogue. If you happen to go into the desert ahead of this event, you will have the exact same initial conversation but Sagi will not go on to say 'but we have to get to Azha'. The next time you go into the desert nobody will say anything.

Pretty questionable choice when you just wanted to go for a walk to take your mind off things either way though, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'll get wood ha ha was thoughtfully added in localisation, there's just not a joke there at all in Japanese. You can just imagine the guy typing out 'I'll go get wood from the celestrial tree' and then thinking 'wait a minute...'

Looking forward to another highly successful battle against the forces of promachination.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I have to imagine it literally said this on the game box somewhere so it's hard to believe anyone needing to be told this either way.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, the curve across the bottom of that screen is crying out 'this is part of a circle', baffling.

The oddest thing about the Japanese text on that screen is I can't find a single mention of anyone discussing it on the English internet or any google results for what it appears to say. Though, I imagine it was entirely unreadable after the gamecube video output was through with it so there's no 15 year old gamefaqs posts theorising over it. Lyrics seems possible enough since it has 'you', 'me', and 'love' in it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

In Japanese the first 'o' in Lolo is long, so it's not quite as much 'the same as Palolo but without the Pa'. Classic name localisation issue which in partial fairness doesn't have any great solutions.