Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Orlando is one of my favorite books. I always binge through the entire second half in one sitting it's so good. Definitely recommend everyone read it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah it’s a super quick read. Good stuff. Very creative!

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I think Pratchett was much more novel when their books were first being published. The style has been aped so often since that it doesn't really stick out as noteworthy any more. I like the books but I've never had any desire to reread them either, and if I had gone in with those sorts of expectations I probably would be a bit confused too. Don't get me wrong they're fun to read and I recommend them to people who haven't, but I wouldn't try to sell it as a literary revelation to anyone who has read anything popular from the last two decades.