Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Currently I am appreciating how no matter the location or genre the narrator shares the same horny self-obsession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, I was occasionally interested in this book's comments on reading, but my most consistent reaction was "yeah, one of them heterosexuals definitely wrote this."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I don't think it's a bad book; it's a good book. That is just my gut impression after reading the bit it ends on.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Keetron posted:

I have been reading a few pages and have a lot of trouble getting into it. Does it get better?

I mean, it's not going to stop being several pages that begin an interesting story before yet another interruption prevents the second person narrator from ever finishing it, so if you don't like that, then no.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

All I know about Oil is what Dorothy Parker said about it (she was kind of fed up with Sinclair).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"To lose one parent may be regarded as misfortune; to lose both is just carelessness" is the kind of line I'm always finding uses for.