Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Lots of details shown here that I missed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w48iHgjWkfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's absolutely criminal that the good mario movie isn't on any streaming services or digital stores. i really don't want to have to hook up a dvd player ever again, but i will probably have to.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Piss Crapp

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i have already trademarked piss crapp

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The animation is amazing, but Chris Pratt sucks even more than I thought he would. He's so bad it stands out against the other voice acting.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Jack Black is a pretty solid Bowser, which makes Piss Crapps performance sound extra lovely

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

maybe I don't mind it because I haven't watched any of those poo poo marvel movies or new jurassic parks so the last time I heard chris pratt was in parks and rec probably.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the problem with Chris Pratt is that he just doesn't sound like a fat little dude with a moustache

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

maybe I don't mind it because I haven't watched any of those poo poo marvel movies or new jurassic parks so the last time I heard chris pratt was in parks and rec probably.

That's all I know him from too, it's still not great

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

PinheadSlim posted:

That's all I know him from too, it's still not great

yeah it's not great but imo it's fine

I would have gone for danny devito if it was my choice tho

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
If the penguin forces are so outclassed by the turtles, then why is this conflict only happening now? Unless this imbalance is a very recent development, they should have been conquered long ago. I hope the full film addresses the politics of these various world powers.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Movie looks dumb as poo poo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Good Sphere posted:

when the Zelda Netflix series was leaked, Nintendo cancelled it due to lack of trust in who they were working with.

lmao

edit: is the reason why they won't make a new F-Zero also because they can't trust Sega to make a sequel to the best game in the series by miles and miles and miles?

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 7, 2022

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I heard there is a special cheat you can enter on the start screen that makes Mario N*KED!!!!!!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

If the penguin forces are so outclassed by the turtles, then why is this conflict only happening now? Unless this imbalance is a very recent development, they should have been conquered long ago. I hope the full film addresses the politics of these various world powers.

The penguin forces are part of the larger defensive Mushroom Treaty Organization that provides collective defense against the Bowser. The penguin forces mainly contribute logistic support to the alliance so it's not surprising that they don't have a capable battle force. Why they are facing the turtles alone without their allies is of course a good question that will probably be explored in the movie. I can't wait!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The more I think about the trailer the less I like it. Nostalgia pianos set off alarm bells for me and I'm sick to death of the "epic blockbuster melodrama turns out to be a joke" gag. If you want to be a Mario movie be a Mario movie without feeling like you need to pretend that you're being a sweeping epic before actually being a Mario movie.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Bowser COULD have knocked over the Penguin Kingdom whenever he wanted. He only WANTED to after he found out they have a Power Star or whatever. He basically laid waste to Penguin Area 51, that poo poo was top secret and the Penguin Kingdom has surprisingly good infosec

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Asterite34 posted:

Bowser COULD have knocked over the Penguin Kingdom whenever he wanted. He only WANTED to after he found out they have a Power Star or whatever. He basically laid waste to Penguin Area 51, that poo poo was top secret and the Penguin Kingdom has surprisingly good infosec

But with a close look on the trailer, it seems that the places with power stars have a star emblem right on the door. Maybe you're right though, because Bowser & team could have never approached these doors in the first place, or made the connection.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Charlie Day as Luigi is the only redeeming thing about this movie.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I love Illumination putting their plain rear end logo in front of their films like "Illumination presents..." as if it's supposed to be a signifier of quality and not mediocrity or just downright bad animated films

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Chris Pratt sucks but the rest of this looks pretty good. So the movie will make a ton of money and the takeaway will be "put Chris Pratt in more stuff"!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It would be better if they just gave Mario a British accent. No one complains about those.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I dunno about super, this looks like an okay Mario Bros. Movie at best imo

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Pontificating rear end posted:

The animation is amazing, but Chris Pratt sucks even more than I thought he would. He's so bad it stands out against the other voice acting.

The animation is real good but its weird squash and stretch qualities remind me of a Minions movie in the bad way

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Must have been hard to make a Mario movie without Dennis Hopper.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

unironically looks good

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

here’s and idea for ya

instead of watching this bad movie with chrissy p, just play mario odyssey until your big curvy balloon turns gold with pleasure

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO0PFlbWhtY

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
CineD thread pointed out he sounds identical to Linda Belcher and now you hear it, too.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Vegetable posted:

It would be better if they just gave Mario a British accent. No one complains about those.

make him scouse

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Is this just a reskinned Lego movie?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Mario sounds like normal Chris Pratt
Mario sounds like Linda Belcher

We have now realized that Chris Pratt normally sounds like Linda Belcher

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Is this just a reskinned Lego movie?

Yes it is OP

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I don't get the Chris Pratt hate. He always plays imbeciles and I cannot think of a character more canonically imbecilic than Mario.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ikanreed posted:

I don't get the Chris Pratt hate. He always plays imbeciles and I cannot think of a character more canonically imbecilic than Mario.

Mario has no personality, if you think he’s an imbecile then you’re projecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Wow, do you have no personality either?