Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
More than Mario that’s for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ikanreed posted:

I don't get the Chris Pratt hate. He always plays imbeciles and I cannot think of a character more canonically imbecilic than Mario.

luigi

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mario is a veteran of many wars, a combat medic with a cool demeanor.

sometimes that cool turns ice cold, calculating even, with the beady eyes of a snake flitting and unreadable. an enigma to be respected but also feared, especially when his brother luigi “the butcher of gadd springs” mario is by his side.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

mario is a power bottom but he has a coke can dick so it's not for everyone.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

ikanreed posted:

I don't get the Chris Pratt hate. He always plays imbeciles and I cannot think of a character more canonically imbecilic than Mario.

I think it's because Chris Pratt sucks real bad. I can think of probably a hundred characters more imbecilic than Mario, like every other character around Mario.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they should’ve just used ryan reynolds as the voice for pikachu, sonic, and mario. same exact voice. and link for the inevitable zelda movie, and so on, continuing the trend for centuries with a deepfake when reynolds is gone.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The movie trailer opens with mario doing a prat fall, as if this was a childrens' movie?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

enjoy your garbage for idiot babies!!!!

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The movie trailer opens with mario doing a prat fall, as if this was a childrens' movie?

More like a Pratt Fail!!!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Me choking down lowest-common-denominator corporate slop: "This is awesome, it reminds me of children's game I enjoyed when I was younger!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

If the penguin forces are so outclassed by the turtles, then why is this conflict only happening now? Unless this imbalance is a very recent development, they should have been conquered long ago. I hope the full film addresses the politics of these various world powers.

Mario is able to find this world of pipes and mushrooms that was not accessible to him before. Bowser probably arrived into these realms in a similar way.

I think at the end of the day, what I'm getting to, is that this is a secret Hellraiser movie and Luigi is going to become Pinhead.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i want a full 90min movie of mario and sonic just beating the poo poo out of each other in graphic detail until they're both dead

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Most people seem to love Charles Martinet, or his voice acting anyway. I see people mostly opposed by the decision to use Chris Pratt instead. It makes sense in a capitalistic point of view to use known actors, but I'm thinking in Mario's case, this works against their supposed benefit.

Anyway, my anger has grown more and more for the last few days, and I've been contemplating suing Nintendo for BILLIONS for emotionally traumatizing me..

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

You say this like there's a chance I won't enjoy it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Does bowser say the n word in this? Wanted to make sure I can bring my child to it.
No that's Luigi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGJNLL3fE80
Warning: Luigi says the n word in this video.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Since his appearance in Mario Tennis, Waluigi has received mixed reception. Gamervision editor Jonathan Cooper wrote an article entitled the "top ten reasons why Waluigi is awesome", listing such qualities as his developed personality, his role in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and his role in Mario sports games.[11] In the book "Icons of Horror and the Supernatural: An Encyclopedia of Our Worst Nightmares, Volume 1", author S. T. Joshi cites both Waluigi and Wario as examples of alter egos, also as evidence of how popular it is to feature such character archetypes.[12] IGN editor Matt Casamassina described him as a recognizable mascot to many, but also as a beloved one to Nintendo fans.[13] Hiroyuki Takahashi, a developer for Mario Power Tennis listed him, along with his companion Wario, as his favourite character in Power Tennis, describing them both as detestable heels, adding that he likes characters with more personality.[14] gamingillustrated.com's writer Greg Johnson, during his article about the upcoming Mario Kart 8, described Waluigi's return as one of the game's bright-sides. The article called "Waluigi: Unwrapping The Enigma" in Gameranx.com dwells in Waluigi's self-pity and ambiguous origins, describing him as one of the most misunderstood characters in videogames, and more than capable of holding his own game.[15] In addition, Steve Haske, from Unwinnable.com wrote an article called " Waa! In Defense Of Waluigi" that discussed Waluigi's partly negative reception, claiming Waluigi to be an even more interesting character than Wario, praising Waluigi for the comic relief he provides and mentioning his absence in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as an sad disrespect to his fans.[16] Evilgeeks.com, a website dedicated towards villains, claimed Waluigi to be Nintendo's most evil character, because of his hatred, greed and power, and wrote that Waluigi should have his own game simply so that we could see what he is capable of.[17] In addition to those articles, venturebeat.com's writer Chris Hoadley wrote an article called "The Greatness Of Waluigi", describing him as the most cynical Mario franchise character, and the greatest one of the last decade. Chris wrote about how, despite Waluigi being constantly ridiculed for his lack of importance, has one of the strongest and most developed personalities of the cast.[18]

“ He [Waluigi] is seen as less than legitimate by Nintendo internally. His first appearances were in the sports games made by Camelot, who thrust the half-baked villain on the world. [...] He has yet to appear in a core Mario game, and also never appears in his brother Wario's titles, perhaps because Nintendo thinks he’s not good enough for them. Here's hoping this silly creation will continue to be relegated to the side projects where he belongs.[19] ”

—GamesRadar

Waluigi also receives negative reception. GameDaily listed him as one of the characters they wanted to kill, but couldn't, describing him, "One of the most unimportant characters in video game history".[20] Kotaku editor Mike Fahey commented that Waluigi was his personal most annoying video game character.[21] GamesRadar described Waluigi as a "lame-o villain" in an otherwise great game, referencing Mario Tennis.[22] Editor Henry Gilbert titled his section "Waluigi: The worst character ever", suggesting that the creation process involved the developers of Mario Tennis having no one to fill the final character slot, and conceiving him as an "evil Luigi". He describes such an act as "plunging to the bottom of the intellectual barrel". He also calls Waluigi "disgustingly tall and thin" as opposed to Wario, who he calls a "fatass". He later states that the staff of GamesRadar feels that Waluigi is seen as "less than legitimate" by Nintendo, who he feels may not find him good enough to appear in a main Mario or Wario title.[19] IGN editor Lucas M. Thomas discussed him as a possible, yet unlikely, candidate for a "second banana" character to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, commenting that Waluigi, amongst other sidekick characters, are not well-liked.[23] IGN staff, while praising Bowser as one of the most memorable video game villains, criticized both Waluigi and Wario as being "evil twin knockoffs".[24] In 2013, Complex included him among the ten video game characters who look like sex offenders.[25]

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Okay this is why we can't take Wikipedia for granted. Waluigi is loving awesome, and everyone knows it. I hope Nintendo doesn't take this information seriously. I'm surprised there hasn't been at least one spinoff for Waluigi.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

The movie better have a twenty minute monologue from a scientist to explain why blocks are frozen in the air and can contain coins that you can get if you smash your head into them which somehow doesn’t kill you. And why short people are inferior to tall people, I think that’s an important lesson to get out there.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

And why short people are inferior to tall people, I think that’s an important lesson to get out there.

already been covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hsQy5GhjUQ

a maryland rep tried to get the song banned.

He was 5'5

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I can’t believe people even give a poo poo because Mario canonically has like a five word vocabulary.

WHAHOHO
MAMMA MIA
ITS-A-ME MARIO

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I can’t believe people even give a poo poo because Mario canonically has like a five word vocabulary.

WHAHOHO
MAMMA MIA
ITS-A-ME MARIO

If you watched the super show you know him and Luigi have a vast vocabulary, even if most of it is stereotypical Italian food metaphors

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

EorayMel posted:

If you watched the super show you know him and Luigi have a vast vocabulary, even if most of it is stereotypical Italian food metaphors

I preferred Mario when he knew how to keep his fuckin mouth shut, capishe?

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

WHAHOHO
MAMMA MIA
ITS-A-ME MARIO

WALL-E had amongst the same amount, and it worked.

Tunicate posted:

already been covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hsQy5GhjUQ

a maryland rep tried to get the song banned.

He was 5'5

lol

Maybe not family friendly to say "short people don't deserve to live", but it's legitimately funny, and I'm 5'5".

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My manager is "1/4 Sicilian-American" and gets real mad when I started randomly saying "IT'S-A ME, MARRRRIO!" at him. Also the spicy meatball thing.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

My manager is "1/4 Sicilian-American" and gets real mad when I started randomly saying "IT'S-A ME, MARRRRIO!" at him. Also the spicy meatball thing.

Sounds like you need to record a call to him using a Mario soundboard.

*in Mario voice* IM DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBALL!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Swing
Your
Arms

From side to side!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
paging forums poster strange feelings re: daisy to the thread

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

EorayMel posted:

Since his appearance in Mario Tennis, Waluigi has received mixed reception. Gamervision editor Jonathan Cooper wrote an article entitled the "top ten reasons why Waluigi is awesome", listing such qualities as his developed personality, his role in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and his role in Mario sports games.[11] In the book "Icons of Horror and the Supernatural: An Encyclopedia of Our Worst Nightmares, Volume 1", author S. T. Joshi cites both Waluigi and Wario as examples of alter egos, also as evidence of how popular it is to feature such character archetypes.[12] IGN editor Matt Casamassina described him as a recognizable mascot to many, but also as a beloved one to Nintendo fans.[13] Hiroyuki Takahashi, a developer for Mario Power Tennis listed him, along with his companion Wario, as his favourite character in Power Tennis, describing them both as detestable heels, adding that he likes characters with more personality.[14] gamingillustrated.com's writer Greg Johnson, during his article about the upcoming Mario Kart 8, described Waluigi's return as one of the game's bright-sides. The article called "Waluigi: Unwrapping The Enigma" in Gameranx.com dwells in Waluigi's self-pity and ambiguous origins, describing him as one of the most misunderstood characters in videogames, and more than capable of holding his own game.[15] In addition, Steve Haske, from Unwinnable.com wrote an article called " Waa! In Defense Of Waluigi" that discussed Waluigi's partly negative reception, claiming Waluigi to be an even more interesting character than Wario, praising Waluigi for the comic relief he provides and mentioning his absence in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as an sad disrespect to his fans.[16] Evilgeeks.com, a website dedicated towards villains, claimed Waluigi to be Nintendo's most evil character, because of his hatred, greed and power, and wrote that Waluigi should have his own game simply so that we could see what he is capable of.[17] In addition to those articles, venturebeat.com's writer Chris Hoadley wrote an article called "The Greatness Of Waluigi", describing him as the most cynical Mario franchise character, and the greatest one of the last decade. Chris wrote about how, despite Waluigi being constantly ridiculed for his lack of importance, has one of the strongest and most developed personalities of the cast.[18]

“ He [Waluigi] is seen as less than legitimate by Nintendo internally. His first appearances were in the sports games made by Camelot, who thrust the half-baked villain on the world. [...] He has yet to appear in a core Mario game, and also never appears in his brother Wario's titles, perhaps because Nintendo thinks he’s not good enough for them. Here's hoping this silly creation will continue to be relegated to the side projects where he belongs.[19] ”

—GamesRadar

Waluigi also receives negative reception. GameDaily listed him as one of the characters they wanted to kill, but couldn't, describing him, "One of the most unimportant characters in video game history".[20] Kotaku editor Mike Fahey commented that Waluigi was his personal most annoying video game character.[21] GamesRadar described Waluigi as a "lame-o villain" in an otherwise great game, referencing Mario Tennis.[22] Editor Henry Gilbert titled his section "Waluigi: The worst character ever", suggesting that the creation process involved the developers of Mario Tennis having no one to fill the final character slot, and conceiving him as an "evil Luigi". He describes such an act as "plunging to the bottom of the intellectual barrel". He also calls Waluigi "disgustingly tall and thin" as opposed to Wario, who he calls a "fatass". He later states that the staff of GamesRadar feels that Waluigi is seen as "less than legitimate" by Nintendo, who he feels may not find him good enough to appear in a main Mario or Wario title.[19] IGN editor Lucas M. Thomas discussed him as a possible, yet unlikely, candidate for a "second banana" character to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, commenting that Waluigi, amongst other sidekick characters, are not well-liked.[23] IGN staff, while praising Bowser as one of the most memorable video game villains, criticized both Waluigi and Wario as being "evil twin knockoffs".[24] In 2013, Complex included him among the ten video game characters who look like sex offenders.[25]

Waluigi is like Nintendo's bastard child, they won't admit he exists but also need another character for Mario Tennis.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm just hoping that this is the movie where Luigi finally hangs dong.

https://www.gamebyte.com/internet-worked-big-luigis-penis-picture/

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Mario cannot reach sexual completion unless he kills a turtle.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

love waluigi, dont care for daisy. what's her deal? who is she? she just shows up? no thanks

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Waluigi fucks

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
It's not racist to do over the top stereotypical italian accents because italians are considered white now.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

forgot about the Rolex(?)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Luigi turning to Mario and asking "why don't we just kill bowser?"

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Its funny how nowadays, if that 90s mario movie was released everyone would completely melt down but it sounds like when it was released in the 90s, everyone shrugged and went "Welp i guess that's what we got."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its funny how nowadays, if that 90s mario movie was released everyone would completely melt down but it sounds like when it was released in the 90s, everyone shrugged and went "Welp i guess that's what we got."

The most shocking thing about the 90s movie was that Nintendo didn't OK a digitzed version of the game using the movie assets, ala the Street Fighter movie video game.

Honestly, the mandela effect for me is swearing I saw screenshots for it in a gaming magazine back then.

But in the 90s it was something of a thud and the thing that got the BEST reception in the movie was Yoshi.

I'm also thinking Bob Hoskins got cast as Mario because someone saw him in like 5 minutes of Brazil.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9VM-y5o7TI

I thought this was a very funny quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i rented the old mario movie in my early teens several times and loved it just because it was so weird and different. it had its problems, but it also had a unique vision and gave us something memorable and interesting. unlike what we're gonna get from chris pratt as knock-off ryan reynolds in a safe, boring kids movie. i'm sure it will be fine, we just won't remember anything about it in a couple years.