Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mama mia!

Yeah sorry I've got nothing else. Good luck with your thread anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I hope they explore some of the lore like why there are huge pieces of human sized pipes everywhere. Did giants build them to flush their huge turds? Is this world the post apocalyptic remains of a giants civilization? What destroyed them? Climate change? Capitalism? Bio weapons like with the engineers in Prometheus?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

If the penguin forces are so outclassed by the turtles, then why is this conflict only happening now? Unless this imbalance is a very recent development, they should have been conquered long ago. I hope the full film addresses the politics of these various world powers.

The penguin forces are part of the larger defensive Mushroom Treaty Organization that provides collective defense against the Bowser. The penguin forces mainly contribute logistic support to the alliance so it's not surprising that they don't have a capable battle force. Why they are facing the turtles alone without their allies is of course a good question that will probably be explored in the movie. I can't wait!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I like that the movie explored Mario's superpowers more closely. I never thought of him as an Iraq war veteran, but it kinda makes sense considering he is a recent Italian immigrant and probably couldn't get citizenship any other way. His jumping ability being the product of army experiments with leg DNA was spot on because we never see him have super strength in his arms and it makes so much sense. It was all very respectful to the original cannon and the writers spent a lot of time thinking about it.