Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Wow. His Taco Bell is never going to serve him breakfast after this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

indigi posted:

lol dude should sue. Adams can afford it

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1579683992525504512?cxt=HHwWgIDU_ZeOlewrAAAA

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I kinda figured he was going to ultimately regret leaving GB but I didn’t think we’d hit that point 5 games into the season

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Freaquency posted:

I kinda figured he was going to ultimately regret leaving GB but I didn’t think we’d hit that point 5 games into the season

Green Bay looks as lovely as the Raiders

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Workplace violence is funny to everyone ?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There's no elective at Visual Arts school that teaches you how to take a hit.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

yea green bay isn't looking awesome rn either, so really the lesson is choose to go somewhere that isn't being coached by josh mcdaniels

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean GBs biggest issue is it’s inconsistent offense which is partly Adams fault for leaving

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Fake edit: found it, and they're mostly not random, just old. Although I have no clue who Jimmie Giles is.

https://twitter.com/BetweenTheNums/status/1579666143618674688

Jimmie Giles is most famous for being on the receiving end of the play where Randall Cunningham somehow avoided being sacked by Carl Banks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZ2FixDfw4

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

This guy has better coverage of Adams than the Raiders did of Kelce.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why do the refs hate Chris Jones
Because Chris Jones is a dirty player, op.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because they’re loving stupid and all these analytics bots should be tossed into the sun.

I think analytics are useful but strongly agree the 2-point thing is bunk and is a bad misuse of them. I never liked that thinking since Brian Billick started doing it against the Packers in 2001. I think there are even times where it does make sense to try for two but it depends on the specific game and not some general probability. Like the Ravens against the Saints in 2018 where Tucker missed the PAT I think because our D was so gassed and against Drew Brees it made sense to not take the chance in OT. But putting it all up to one play like that clearly needs some consideration beyond a general probability and more focus on in-game specifics and probably isn't something that should be done as often as it's being done right now. And results seem to support that.

I'm also ok with the 2 pointers we went for last season with Huntley because we were a floundering team then and there was no point going to OT and risking even more players getting hurt. But again I make that choice because of those specific reasons not because some 65-35-type thing shows that in the long term I will succeed more than fail at it.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 11, 2022

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Jimmie Giles is most famous for being on the receiving end of the play where Randall Cunningham somehow avoided being sacked by Carl Banks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZ2FixDfw4

A quarterblack???

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1579784517375913984?s=46&t=11EvKJVmkFgTAjjpYKm7pQ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sweet thursday posted:

if you're at a visual arts school you probably have enough lived experience of this to test out anyway!!!!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Yeah plus holding AV equipment and also not expecting to get shoved when a man is not currently playing a football game lol

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Sono posted:

A quarterblack???

And there wasn’t any blowback. It was just “Oh, ol’ Frank had a slip of the tongue!”

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This guy has better coverage of Adams than the Raiders did of Kelce.

Not your point but the crazy thing is the Raiders did an excellent job on Kelce...

Until the absolute worst time 4 times in a row. And other than the one where he had to run it in he was just pretty much open and on one of them not even accounted for.

I think I saw the lowest receiving yardage for a 4 TD game before this was 93, Kelce had 25 damned yards on the night.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dr_Strangelove posted:

And there wasn’t any blowback. It was just “Oh, ol’ Frank had a slip of the tongue!”

It was 1988. At least half the announcers doing NFL games were drunk and everyone knew and accepted stupid poo poo would get said. It had to be something really racist sounding to get them in trouble (See Howard Cosell).

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s a fun chiefs offense, there are 3 RBs who all are not bad, 4ish receivers that are decent, and Kelce. Didn’t expect MVS to lead in snaps and yards though

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
gently caress the haters going for two is awesome, always go for two. Go for two on every touchdown.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean GBs biggest issue is it’s inconsistent offense which is partly Adams fault for leaving

Going from Adams to a gaggle of random dudes is not ideal. But they also just let a Giants team with like one good offensive player hang 27 on them, and almost lost to Zappe the week before. There’s issues everywhere.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Adams extended his arms, that's going to get caught every time. Had he initiated contact with the body he probably gets away with incidental contact.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Docjowles posted:

Going from Adams to a gaggle of random dudes is not ideal. But they also just let a Giants team with like one good offensive player hang 27 on them, and almost lost to Zappe the week before. There’s issues everywhere.

The defense is getting hung out to dry on shallow to intermediate crossing routes. Barry keeps having the CBs - who are good in press coverage - play 10 yards off the line. It's driving me insane.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My week 5 cool teams of the week:

Bills
Giants
Jets

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Am I the only one who thinks the Davante push doesn’t look nearly as bad when viewed from any other angle? Camera guy definitely cut him off. Not on purpose or anything, but the angle was enough for Davante to want reflexively push him away.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah I like Adams and I don’t doubt he immediately regretted that decision but that was definitely a frustrated push

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wandler20 posted:

Bills
Giants
Jets
All the new york teams? Gross.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

All the new york teams? Gross.

There's only one New York team on that list.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

HappyHippo posted:

gently caress the haters going for two is awesome, always go for two. Go for two on every touchdown.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

We don’t need to Zapruder the Adam’s shove. He did it and immediately knew he shouldn’t have and he’s going to get punished for it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the Davante push doesn’t look nearly as bad when viewed from any other angle? Camera guy definitely cut him off. Not on purpose or anything, but the angle was enough for Davante to want reflexively push him away.

cameraman had his feet in the restricted area

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

wandler20 posted:

Bills
Giants
Jets

By God we’ve done it :woop:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Professor Funk posted:

By God we’ve done it :woop:

For the second time! They also made the list in week 2 and join the Dolphins as the only other 2 time cool team of the week winner.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

cameraman had his feet in the restricted area

Disagree that was definitely a charge.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A.o.D. posted:

There's only one New York team on that list.
Physically, yes.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Guy who Adams shoved filed a police report apparently. Sounds like the apology was not accepted!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

fartknocker posted:

It was 1988. At least half the announcers doing NFL games were drunk and everyone knew and accepted stupid poo poo would get said. It had to be something really racist sounding to get them in trouble (See Howard Cosell).

Jimmy the Greek set the standard for On-Camera Racial Takes.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Gadzuko posted:

Guy who Adams shoved filed a police report apparently. Sounds like the apology was not accepted!

Waiting for Brady to file a police report against a defensive end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

HappyHippo posted:

I don't hate going for two. But if that one 95 or so percent chance for a free 1 is there I am taking the one in most situations. Move the PAT back to 50 yards and then more teams will go for 2.