Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I fell asleep and missed this game, I am both relieved and saddened I missed terrible terrible football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I fell asleep and missed this game, I am both relieved and saddened I missed terrible terrible football

It was flat out awful, not even the good kind of awful because it didn't end in a tie.

I am worse for having seen it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"terrible" doesn't quite do it justice

it was transcendent

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

that’s loving football babey

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I legit feel bad for Hamler.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1578236466966077441?t=Zr5GStPNUxJl1ky7X8pu4A&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Am I crazy to think that when they hurried up to the line on 4th and 1 that there was a freebie QB sneak there for Russ? There was nobody within a couple yards of the A gaps. Then they farted around for 30 seconds and Indy took a time out and welp.

Also the Colts are totally going 4-0 against the AFC west and making the playoffs before finally losing by 80 to the Ravens or something, similar to that Jonas Gray game vs New England.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1578239414152867840

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

That Denver “The Fan” station’s postgame show is having an absolute meltdown

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Melvin "The Fumble Machine" Gordon is the last person to throw shade.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Post the link - I’m brushing my teeth

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sweet thursday posted:

Someone give the man a manga

It’s called Eyeshield 21 because that’s how many points, total, are scored in a perfect football game.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

https://tuner.bonneville.com/?KKFN-FM

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

beta bubbles

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Honestly imagine being Noah Fant and first being pissed you got traded to Seattle post wilson to now thanking god

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If this game happens in december, the question is not do you think both sides fire their coaches but do you think they wait to exit the stadium?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Toaster Beef posted:

Thursday Night Football should be the sacrificial lamb game, clearing a lovely matchup out of the way for better matchups on Sunday and Monday — a hate-watch, viewed only by those who know the football is garbage but are powerless to resist its call.

well

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Dr_Strangelove posted:

That Denver “The Fan” station’s postgame show is having an absolute meltdown

This gave me a flashback to the Tebow days, and I think it was Marion Barber ran out of bounds and kept the clock running for the Bears, allowing Tebow and the Broncos to come back and win it.

The absolute meltdown that was had on the Bears radio was memorable. The Football Funhouse live thread for that game was amazing.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

It's a unique camera angle, there's a Colts defender on him immediately outside the frame, dodging around the rub route.

Not that it wasn't open at that instant, but 1/10th of a second later his lane is gobbled up by MGIII coming across to the right.

Just a poo poo playcall/design.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Hughmoris posted:

This gave me a flashback to the Tebow days, and I think it was Marion Barber ran out of bounds and kept the clock running for the Bears, allowing Tebow and the Broncos to come back and win it.

The absolute meltdown that was had on the Bears radio was memorable. The Football Funhouse live thread for that game was amazing.

Oh man, I remember that one. The radio guys had to be drunk.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Abugadu posted:

It's a unique camera angle, there's a Colts defender on him immediately outside the frame, dodging around the rub route.

Not that it wasn't open at that instant, but 1/10th of a second later his lane is gobbled up by MGIII coming across to the right.

Yep. It felt like everyone felt a touchdown was needed there but all they needed was 1-yard for a first down.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

To hell with the sun

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im glad the raiders dont have the worst coach in the afc west lol lmao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I still cannot stop laughing

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Abugadu posted:

There’s a pretty decent window if Russ was looking at the correct side of the field and made the throw on time.

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1578231646947532801

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Prophetic.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ostentatious posted:

im glad the raiders dont have the worst coach in the afc west lol lmao

That's the other half of the equation that makes me smdh.

Hackett basically telegraphed this weeks ago; after the stupid FG attempt, he said that next time he would put the game in Wilson's hands in the same situation, which p much means a pass on 4th and doesn't-matter. Just predictable as all get out.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/pardonmytake/status/1578208632495390721?s=46&t=M-vUt5h9tGU2zhxmFcQFDw

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There’s a pretty decent window if Russ was looking at the correct side of the field and made the throw on time.

If he's staring down Hamler, and that's the primary target, yeah, it's totally there, the rub worked.

But having MGIII then waltz in front of the lane that you JUST CLEARED with the rub, dragging his defender with him, making that window loving tiny, is beyond stupid.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Honestly dont know what is goin on in this play unless Russ just completely read the wrong side of the field 1st, or this play is designed for a field that isnt compacted by the back of the endzone and was called anyways

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Honestly dont know what is goin on in this play unless Russ just completely read the wrong side of the field 1st, or this play is designed for a field that isnt compacted by the back of the endzone and was called anyways

Also didn't help that the TE tripped 3 steps into his route.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

Also didn't help that the TE tripped 3 steps into his route.

Having not watched the play live that would make sense since he would have a clear route to the pylon but other then that.... oof

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/DillySanders/status/1578213573406302208

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Abugadu posted:

If he's staring down Hamler, and that's the primary target, yeah, it's totally there, the rub worked.

But having MGIII then waltz in front of the lane that you JUST CLEARED with the rub, dragging his defender with him, making that window loving tiny, is beyond stupid.

Finally someone points this out

I don’t know if Melvin or Hackett is a moron here but gotta assume both so this is Hackett’s fault

What an astonishingly poo poo play call lol, hopefully it was busted for multiple reasons otherwise I can’t comprehend the point of it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Pssst: Russ sucks in the red zone without DK and Tyler, the field gets compacted and becomes mostly the middle where he can’t see / won’t throw

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

fuckin lmao

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Yea, I have no idea either, it makes no sense to read that side first but who know whose fuckup that was. But the rub worked, if he’d been looking. Basically the only part of the play that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

incredibly upset i was driving home from KC and missed watching waht is apparently the best football game of all time.

Also incredibly excited the denver broncos might've set their franchise back 5 years