Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Lmao I had never seen that clip of Ian bullying Luis. We don’t deserve him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Goddamn, speaking of “years ago” made me remember when Ian posted something a while back about his sobriety anniversary and he had old pics. Ian has never been a NY 8 but it’s insane how when you look at older pics with some stubble and sand mustache he … just looks like a regular dude. Here’s just a random old IG pic (on phone so sorry for not embedding):

https://www.instagram.com/p/yfmi7nJFlq/?igshid=MDE2OWE1N2Q=

It’s like a Romani woman bumped into him in the road and say “… gayyyerrrrrr”

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Finally watching the basement Carl episode and my god.

Just another lab rat.org

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

That combined with Jordan literally saying "I love getting choked during sex but GOD the guys just will not do it hard enough" is not a good indicator of things to come

Also loved them all tazing themselves all episode, definitely another one where it's so much better with video.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Seriously, how many episodes ago was it where he poo poo all over bail reform for some reason and Jordan and the guests just silently stared at him or whatever.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

Ian is the kind of right wing loser to think he isn't gay, because he only tops

Lmao that after the first week/ two episodes dropping, he had to explicitly edit a theme song gifted to him by The Lumineers* to ensure that the audience understood he meant giving and not receiving anal

The man who has gone on cum town talking about shining a light into someone's rear end to check for lesions, paying a hooker in pancakes, and waking up in the bed of an australian rich dude needs you to UNDERSTAND exactly what kind of dude he really is

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

When I catch up on episodes I've missed, there are times where my brain doesn't fully click something was said until hours later. Like I watched the Maddy Smith one this morning, and it took until now for me to go ". . . wait, did Jordan mention going down on women but it was ok because it was over the pants and called it 'lioning' and they just IMMEDIATELY moved on without addressing that?"

And even if what I said there was completely made up and she said nothing like it . . . would it SURPRISE anyone if she did?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Ignoring the actual “troubles”, I’m glad this thread is a place we can all say he’s funny. The amount of OH HE WAS NEVER FUNNY / I ALWAYS KNEW HE WAS BAD I’ve seen in another thread or two when he’s come up is stupid as poo poo.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I cannot loving wait to see Bein' Ian live in Austin in a few months and be a part of their manic chaos energy

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Cross posting:

Standingstoic posted:

Ian is on the new free Lemon Party, if anyone else wants to give it a spin.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I am behind and don’t know if he has addressed it, but WHY does Ian have the cane? Is it just another affectation ala the slide whistle?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Boom-shaka-laka

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/ianimal69/status/1643409157410770950?s=46&t=2UHKUEVPVtqe84ylAjU9Jw

How is it possible to like and hate someone so much at the same time

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

New favorite moment on the pod is Jordan saying "Oh Chappelle managed to not do that [old men doing specials complaining about what they can't say]" and Ian and the guest look at her like "that's . . . literally all his recent special, it's his ENTIRE thing now" and Jordan just admitting "well . . . I haven't watched them".

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Hearing them tell this story live the other night was bad enough, but Jesus they didn’t imply that it was ON THE SHOW

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I didn't see the original tweet, but thanks for helping get me to this animated version of the bit I hadn't seen before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZqTURYaz_Y&t=11s

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CteP9SRgTwr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The cut to the music at the end is a thing of beauty. This is the perfect encapsulation of the podcast.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I haven't been listening to the last couple episodes, I wonder how insane it still is.

Jordan on the newest episode with Bobby Lee: "Speaking of stinky, did you have sex with a black woman upstairs?" *Bobby and Ian look at her speechless*

Yep, still completely unhinged.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I’ve listened to nearly the entire show, and they are both completely co-dependent deeply damaged basket cases who cannot go more than two days without talking to each other otherwise their sanity starts slipping but lol at thinking we’re watching some Kauffman-esque performance art.

they’re basically each other’s beards

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Inside all of us are two comedians. One is trying to have sex with men. The other … is also trying to have set with men.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Mordja posted:

Jordan just casually destroying his plans for a second child

Lmao her going "oh Deb knows you're living beyond your means and is probably secretly taking birth control" and it just making EVERYONE in the basement drop their jaws in shock.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Absolutely should have had the B-side version as well where it still has the record scratch and Ian jumps in going “he means giving it, not receiving it”

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Lmao I just posted the non-Ian part in the podcasts thread, dudes stay winning I suppose

Also for context: the "joke that ignited controversy" was him going into a Baltimore restaurant and making fun of the hostess seating him having a black eye

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

lol imaging believing in an ideology and not moving to a purely vibes based lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

National Gloryhole Championship