Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Methanar posted:

is there new drama

yes, due to it being bought by amazon, a company that treats its warehouse workforce very badly to the point that they have to piss in bottles due to not being afforded bathroom breaks.

this has understandably upset many twitch viewers and streamers. in response the twitch community developed an expression of protest, "Piss On Geoff", suggesting that warehouse workers should relieve themselves on (at the time) CEO Geoff Bezos.

more recently, this has been abbreviated to "POG" or even "poggers".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

im looking at this thead for some reason and i dont know whats just a joke, whats real or even if anything at all has happened.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Randarkman posted:

im looking at this thead for some reason and i dont know whats just a joke, whats real or even if anything at all has happened.

welcome to the metaverse

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Aw man I hope it stays cool, Twitch is the only place I can watch a guy named WesternWarrior1488 doing speedrun attempts at Roblox mods for 20,000 elementary school kids while he talks about the holocaust being fake.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Randarkman posted:

i shouldn't have clicked on the thread. this was a mistake I don't know anything about twitch

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Mr. Meagles posted:

thinkin of doin a twitch stream where i bend over and talk out my asscheeks like ace ventura. my butt would have lil' headphones on i think the people would like it

I will fund this

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Hey guys load up my burning legal defense bitch for killing heh, lets tell lies and flush twitter down the shitter while we’re at it too and imply ownership to ourselves and credit ourselves with killing heh even though we did gently caress all like a piped up little crackhead bitch.

Is heh related to ye?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devils Affricate posted:

Is heh related to ye?

The ancient Egyptian god heh. Got killed. Nobody gets a piece of loving twitter.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/JakeSucky/status/1579153886861881345

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

gives new meaning to the phrase "she got her back blown out"

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Okay, now I know of one thing that has happened.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Somehow taking the lead in the "Worst Con Ballpit" category. Thought that one was locked up years ago.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
lol why would you go to a convention when you can stay at home and stream street fighter 6 beta weekend

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
1. That is NOT a ball pit.
2. That is a FOAM pit.
3. LMAO at that thing being ankle deep.
4. Twitch is dumb and I am tired of gaming YouTubers telling me watch them on Twitch, because everyone knows that the 10-minute edits of the streams only show the actual good/funny parts of what are probably 5-hour snooze fests.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Strange Poon posted:

lol why would you go to a convention when you can stay at home and stream street fighter 6 beta weekend

because no one cares or watches street fighter streams or cares about the game anymore

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Lmao they held a competition for coolest jump into the foam pit

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

More people should jump into the foam pit imo

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
There are claims of other people getting ankle and knee injuries from the "ballpit" that looks somehow even more shallow than Dashcon's kiddie pool. At least in that one the worst thing that could happen was getting covered in piss :stare: Also reportedly both attendees and staff were treating disabled people like poo poo by shoving wheelchair users out of the way, accusing people of faking disabilities to skip lines, then encouraging people to actually do that.

Also a lot of drinks got stolen / potentially spiked and at least one accused pedo streamer showed up to attend

Don't go to conventions but especially don't go to conventions run by a gamer site that has a new scandal every week

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MiracleFlare posted:

at least one accused pedo streamer showed up to attend

I can assure you this is far, far below the reality, even the "accused" part

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

because no one cares or watches street fighter streams or cares about the game anymore

i'm so sorry you're hard stuck in bronze still

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

nah I don't play dead games

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

nah I don't play dead games

you're posting on something awful dot com

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I don't do anything with Twitch.

The most common complaint I've heard from others, is that they have like really strict rules about bad words and anything raunchy, unless you are a young attractive looking girl.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
just keep's poppin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHZHyRmv75M

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
thanks for the five gifted subs gamer_lord420

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Please subscribe, my kids are starving.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

EorayMel posted:

I wonder why there is such a large overlap between people who play video games for a living and sex offenders :thunk:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I only go on twitch to claim rewards from Prime and from watching streams and even that's been pretty crappy lately.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Twitch is amazing because it combines my two favorite things of watching people react to consuming media and also hot gamer girls who think I am funny and cute and want to be my girlfriend

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

you're pogging. two vertebrae are in critical condition, and you're pogging.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Nooner posted:

Twitch is amazing because it combines my two favorite things of watching people react to consuming media and also hot gamer girls who think I am funny and cute and want to be my girlfriend

I’m in a serious parasocial relationship with a Twitch streamer.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
they say being a successful twitch streamer is back breaking work.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
is this like when that one media corp shitcanned supergirl for the tax write-off or whatever because all of their terrible decisions go beyond what's expected of mere incompetence

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hey guys, it's ya boy StalinAteTheRichard here, your new fave Marxist news and views streamer. Make sure to help me get the word out about destroying the billionaire class by subscribing and funneling your money to Jeff Bezos so I don't have to get a real job. Plus, you get all these cool emotes --->

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
A girl wore this shirt depicting two streamers dry humping and then asked them at a panel if they liked her shirt.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

sexually harassing streamers is just the flipside of the coin of streamers sexually harassing viewers, so it's all balanced out

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I just watched the shudder original "deadstream", which is about a douchebag youtuber going into a haunted house to win back his viewers / sponsors. It was good.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
after more research, the streamer I posted is surrounded by groomers or problematic artists (specifically lolicon)

Stay the gently caress away

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 23, 2022

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

bossy lady posted:

I just watched the shudder original "deadstream", which is about a douchebag youtuber going into a haunted house to win back his viewers / sponsors. It was good.

Now I want to know what Blair Witch Project would've looked like if it was made today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
In Australia we don't say "poggers" we say "tazoey".