Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Unperson_47 posted:

Also, why do we still call them records anyway

It's even weird that they're called that. The verb had to exist before the noun so, whoever invented records just decided "I'm just gonna call these the verb for the thing I did with them but I'm gonna pronounce it differently."

And what do we do about mashups there are like no mashups that didn't have some Kanye in them the whole 2000s mashup era lines up with Kanye almost exactly. I don't think Girl Talk said any nazi stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Fumble posted:

Kevin Spacy films from the 90s, yes or no?

That's a big no and woody Allen has always sucked too. Pick a hard one: Roman Polanski.
Its ok to enjoy an assholes art of you steal it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Just strip their name from everything public facing, so those who are curious enough to care who [artist removed] is can still find out on wikipedia.

The purpose of this is to upset the artist themselves, because hurting people like Kanye or Polanski is an absolute moral good.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

Bound is good. New Slaves is good. Hold my Liquor is good. Waves is good. Jail is good.

Kanye has put out solid tracks even after he went insane. He’s a talented Nazi, no reason to pretend otherwise.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jail is an especially weird one because the two versions of it are basically identical except one has Marilyn Manson on it, buried in the mix so low he might as well not be there and I suspect it exists purely so that it can have Manson on it.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Films are tricky because of how many people contribute too, how many morally decent people have to have worked on a film to undo the contributions of a morally repellent person?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Fumble posted:

The Usual Suspect is the truly cursed movie, staring Kevin Spacey AND directed by Bryan Singer. I mean i like the movie but gently caress if it wasn't made with the work of a few assholes.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Buschmaki posted:

He isnt a rock and roller, he's a rapper...

holey moley it’s the whitest poo poo i’ve ever seen

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

BrainDance posted:

It's even weird that they're called that. The verb had to exist before the noun so, whoever invented records just decided "I'm just gonna call these the verb for the thing I did with them but I'm gonna pronounce it differently."

And what do we do about mashups there are like no mashups that didn't have some Kanye in them the whole 2000s mashup era lines up with Kanye almost exactly. I don't think Girl Talk said any nazi stuff

the word "record" (whether used as a noun or a verb) has a sense not related to music which I imagine predates the invention of sound recordings. I could be wrong, im not going to look it up

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fumble posted:

Yeah. The one where he spends the whole movie trying to gently caress a schoolgirl has aged really well. A timeless classic

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Chief McHeath posted:

holey moley it’s the whitest poo poo i’ve ever seen

I'm black

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Hammerite posted:

the word "record" (whether used as a noun or a verb) has a sense not related to music which I imagine predates the invention of sound recordings. I could be wrong, im not going to look it up

Oh yeah, I forgot that existed. That's not as fun :/

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

So is Ye, and look where we are now.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mister Speaker posted:

So is Ye, and look where we are now.

Just to clarify, I may be black but I am NOT a skinhead

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Okay? You can be black, and “it isn’t rock and roll, it’s rap!” can still be the most incredibly white poo poo ever said, even at the same time!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Chief McHeath posted:

Okay? You can be black, and “it isn’t rock and roll, it’s rap!” can still be the most incredibly white poo poo ever said, even at the same time!

:chloe:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Chief McHeath posted:

I dont think it's "white" to say that rock and roll and rap are different

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

lol wtf

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Comments turned off for Kanye West videos on YouTube

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

smellmycheese posted:

Yeah. The one where he spends the whole movie trying to gently caress a schoolgirl has aged really well. A timeless classic

Don't forget the movie where he turns out to be a sadistic serial killer, and also the movie where he turns out to be basically Satan incarnate

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jelly posted:

I still don't know if I'm allowed to listen to Michael Jackson anymore!

I have to admit I did mentally blacklist Oasis after I saw a few interviews with them and just couldn't separate that from the music, but that's probably because Oasis already sucks.

I don't care if I'm allowed to listen to Michael Jackson or not because I don't want to put his music on because hearing his voice reminds me that he was a child rapist.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 10, 2022

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chief McHeath posted:

Incredible

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im holding onto the song "Drive Slow" for dear life, i love that song. its an old Schirmmütze tucked away in the closet of my opinions

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Chief McHeath posted:

Ye thread still churning out lovely hot takes on the regular

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
If Peter Davidson came out as a mask off nazi would we in this thread still acknowledge and praise his big fat hog

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It would be reclassified as a WMD.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:gas:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lt. Cock posted:

If Peter Davidson came out as a mask off nazi would we in this thread still acknowledge and praise his big fat hog

Schweinhund!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Lt. Cock posted:

Or that Kim's lady bits are creating Nazis

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I just kind of went on a DMX binge and it's kind of telling that he had very obvious mental health issues without being a nazi. Makes you think.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have a big dick, trust me it's not all its cracked up to be

By the time anyone actually believes you have one, they're already having sex with you. People don't just believe anyone about it. I'm sure you, reading this right now, don't believe me! ):

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

precision posted:

By the time anyone actually believes you have one, they're already having sex with you. People don't just believe anyone about it. I'm sure you, reading this right now, don't believe me! ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrtxsNCihIg

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

precision posted:

I just want you to know that you’re very brave and I’m proud of you

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Post the hog

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
See??? Nobody ever believes you. And mine is only like 6", barely above average! And yet, presumably because they're insecure, every other guy in the world feels the need to make a joke about how it's not even true

Like, I get why people might lie about this, obviously, but the way nobody ever believes anyone is like.... sometimes people just tell the truth. Not everyone is an insecure liar like you, Steve

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

hunter biden and pete davidson hog off

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

currently hanging all of hitler's art in my house because I appreciate talent

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ror posted:

hunter biden and pete davidson hog off

The daily show youtube channel has a really good video about hunters laptop, check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My huge penis causes sex to happen to me so much I can’t get anything else done. Annoying!