Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sick of the constant Scooby-doo derails in other threads (every other loving page we get it guys Mystery Inc ruled, and the live action movies were underrated) so it looked like it was finally time to start a quarantine megathread.

Lot of big news lately for scooby fans with Warner bros merger leading to a perfectly good scooby movie being memory holed from existence for tax reasons, Velma finally being officially confirmed as a lesbian and the Mindy kaling reboot for HBO Max which isn’t even going to have scooby and also shaggys going by his government name of loving norville. It looks really bad.

Opening question: what do you think a Scooby snack tastes like? Is it more of a dog treat that shaggy eats because he’s a glutton or a human treat scooby eats because he’s spoiled. Is scooby named after the snack vice versa or is it a coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
Scooby-doo is for babies op.

Adults watch Courage the Cowardly Dog.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

jinkies

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Sick of the constant Scooby-doo derails in other threads (every other loving page we get it guys Mystery Inc ruled, and the live action movies were underrated) so it looked like it was finally time to start a quarantine megathread.

Lot of big news lately for scooby fans with Warner bros merger leading to a perfectly good scooby movie being memory holed from existence for tax reasons, Velma finally being officially confirmed as a lesbian and the Mindy kaling reboot for HBO Max which isn’t even going to have scooby and also shaggys going by his government name of loving norville. It looks really bad.

What

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I don't watch cartoons op sorry

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/mythicalllamaxo/status/1577071236718657537?s=46&t=m8o4wTsO_XrUrlL4kzmQqQ

https://twitter.com/zerosuitcamus/status/1578119265470873619?s=46&t=m8o4wTsO_XrUrlL4kzmQqQ

https://twitter.com/blckbolex/status/1578615592365346816?s=46&t=m8o4wTsO_XrUrlL4kzmQqQ

Ur all caught up now

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
Courage had canon lesbians in it before Scooby did. There was that one episode where Courage had to help that cat rescue what was obviously supposed to be her girlfriend from her abusive dog boyfriend or whatever. Yet more proof that Courage was the better show. Shame about that offensive Indian doctor stereotype voiced by a white dude tho. Can't win em all I guess.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Scooby Doo only lived for around 6 or 7 years, since he was a great dane.

He's been long dead.

:\

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Thank u op

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bula Vinaka posted:

Scooby Doo only lived for around 6 or 7 years, since he was a great dane.

He's been long dead.

:\

Good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Opening question: what do you think a Scooby snack tastes like? Is it more of a dog treat that shaggy eats because he’s a glutton or a human treat scooby eats because he’s spoiled. Is scooby named after the snack vice versa or is it a coincidence?

which movie got memory holed?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I liked that old black woman who served the upper-class letting a cat keep away the mice. She always trying to keep her stockings up.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Applewhite posted:

which movie got memory holed?

I can’t remember

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Scooby Doo stuff is weird because they're always either too skeptical or too incredulous about literally every mystery. When it's just some guy in a costume, they always initially fall for the bit and are freaked out by the "monster," but on the occasion they actually DO run into the genuinely supernatural, that's when they decide to go "alright guys, standard procedure, let's see whose under the mask THIS time :jerkbag:" and then BOOM! Real monster.

Pick a lane, guys, either be debunking detectives OR paranormal investigators, don't swap from one to the other just for the sake of dramatic irony!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

If they figure out the monsters always just an old white dude in a mask trying to lower property values what the hell are shaggy and scoob supposed to him purposely run away from?!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I feel like I should thank Hanna-Barbera for making me realize at an early age that major media held nothing but contempt for me by introducing Scrappy Doo. The cartoon was already mediocre at best, and Scrappy made it downright insulting.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I never liked Scooby-doo. To me it was always that thing I watched because it aired right before He-man so that was the only reason I'd watch it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I have always loved Scooby-Doo. In fact, I watched some earlier today with my twins. However, if you and some friends ever want to dress up as the gang, don't do it like this:

Wrong way to dress up as Mystery Inc.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
What if the Scooby gang are the actual ghosts the whole time, cursed to wander the Earth forever and solve mysteries, except they will never be allowed to solve the mystery of their own murders?

Scooby? He's a reincarnated into a dog, the unluckiest one of them all.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I feel like I should thank Hanna-Barbera for making me realize at an early age that major media held nothing but contempt for me by introducing Scrappy Doo. The cartoon was already mediocre at best, and Scrappy made it downright insulting.

Weirdly enough the only Scooby doo series I liked growing up (13 ghosts) had not only Scooby, but another obnoxious pandering character (Flim Flam)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Scrappy's still alive

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

more like scooby doon't watch it

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want Scooby to have a reletive from Arizona to visit occasionaluy. Snoppy be like what are you doing here, Fam?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

scrappy participated in the jan 6 insurrection

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

scrappy participated in the jan 6 insurrection

Hoo hoo hoo! and Tigger too!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I was a Yogi Yahooeys guy.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The only scoobiedoos I care about are unlicensed sport scuba enthusiasts who must be liquidated with extreme prejudice

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

love the idea of professional comedy writers not knowing how to make a talking dog funny

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The real villains of the Laff-A-Lympics were the Yogi Yahooeys.

Look at their line-up: Animals only. Even the scoobs and the rottens had a mix of human and animal (and even sentient AI and magical creatures) diversity.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Nooner posted:

The only scoobiedoos I care about are unlicensed sport scuba enthusiasts who must be liquidated with extreme prejudice

Unexplored strategy for Sea Patrol: dressing as sea monsters to scare scoobydoos out of the water

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cannibal Llama posted:

Scooby-doo is for babies op.

Adults watch Courage the Cowardly Dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vnTvMK3vVc

Deki posted:

Weirdly enough the only Scooby doo series I liked growing up (13 ghosts)
You get the hell out of this thread.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://instagram.com/scoobydoovillains

You might want to add this to the OP, OP. For reference.

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1579179227949445120

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Knormal posted:

You get the hell out of this thread.

No, it's a valid opinion. That show had Vincent Price in it!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Mindy Kaling sucks. She's just lucky.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I finally watched the Lesbian Velma movie instead of just seeing the clips and the twitter trends and it’s v good. The animation budget is obviously limited as you’d expect from a direct to streaming scooby do movie but they did a lot with it. You also have Fred having a total mental breakdown over the course of the movie because investigating paranormal land speculation is actually integral to his mental health which is very lol.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Did you know that Scooby had a cousin he wanted to gently caress? As per wikipedia:

quote:

Scooby-Dee is a female Great Dane, with white fur, first appearing in The Scooby-Doo Show. She was a character in the episode titled "The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller", as a distant cousin of Scooby's, who helped them solve the mystery. [...] Scooby-Dee was meant to return to The Scooby-Doo Show as a girlfriend to Scooby-Doo, but the show ended before that could happen.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They'd have to do a star wars to pull outta that one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

sad question posted:

Did you know that Scooby had a cousin he wanted to gently caress? As per wikipedia:

This implies scooby is a family name and that doo is his first name