Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh, also, when I had mine done, it was done by the doctor and his doctor wife. So, I'm wearing some sort of half gown, still had my shirt on, and I'm naked from the waist down under the gown. It was very clinical and cold in his office, I'm a grower, and I've essentially got a George Costanza situation going on. He comes in, tells me to lay back, and pulls up the gown.

Then he sprays me with an antibacterial solution that felt like it was freezing, so I'm even more uncomfortable, and then his wife joins us.

:negative:

Whatever, I'm sure they've seen worse.

It's crazy how I was completely awake for this procedure but the circumcision I got 2.5 years prior, I was put under.

Actually, as I write that out and the more I think about it, the less crazy that seems. It IS weird how the post-op care for both procedures is entirely different. Vasectomy? Don't do poo poo, please don't exert yourself. If you even THINK of heavy objects, you might cum blood. Circumcision? Leave the gauze on for a day or so, and we apologize in advance for your nightly painful erections for the next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How'd did he get the foreskin off during a vasectomy, trip with a scalpel?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

yeah i had one. the guy zapped my balls by mistake when he was pointing out interesting parts of my scrote and epididymis to my wife

5/5 would recommend

also i have it on video if you want to see

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

stachatoryR posted:

I got one a couple of years ago from (no lie) Dr. Dick Chopp. Not much more to add to what other folks have said other than I think he probably fondled my balls more than necessary and I got a sweet rear end shirt from it:

My sides loving hurt.

Edit: I'm dumb.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Gentle Autist posted:

yeah i had one. the guy zapped my balls by mistake when he was pointing out interesting parts of my scrote and epididymis to my wife

5/5 would recommend

also i have it on video if you want to see

They didn't let my wife into the room to see the procedure, which was half the reason she drove me that day. Six years later she's still kind of upset and brings that up from time to time.

One thing I thought was really weird is that I was told by the receptionist when she was setting up the appointment after my consult was that the other doctor in the clinic would have turned me down. I was 30 and married for two years, so we thought the whole "you may change your mind" thing wouldn't be a factor. Apparently the other doctor thought you should have at least one kid before you make the decision to not have any more, which is just weird logic.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I got mine done like three months after my wedding.

I would get occasional twinges of pain for like a year after, but they've stopped now.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

neato burrito posted:

My vasectomy was a great decision, A+ would bust nuts into vaginas 24/7 again.

very routine procedure, only memorable thing was when they had to wait a bit for the only male nurse available to come disinfect the balls, Thailand is conservative like that

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

found out that my vasectomy will be done by scalpel. it's being done by a doctor who did it on my friend and he said it was perfectly fine. however, i'm trying to google scalpel based vasectomies and there's hardly any info on it. there's waaaaaaaaaay more websites and youtube videos on the no scalpel version.

anyone here who had one go with the scalpel? am i worrying for nothing?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mr Interweb posted:

found out that my vasectomy will be done by scalpel. it's being done by a doctor who did it on my friend and he said it was perfectly fine. however, i'm trying to google scalpel based vasectomies and there's hardly any info on it. there's waaaaaaaaaay more websites and youtube videos on the no scalpel version.

No Scalpel is just less invasive, it's not better or worse. My doctor opted to do a scalpel vasectomy because my vas was apparently tight and he had a patient a few weeks before my consult that he had to spend an hour on in the no scalpel procedure because he just couldn't get enough slack. The nurse told me about this while the doctor was rooting around inside me, effectively making things weird.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why not remove the whole scrotum and balls completely for a more aerodynamic profile?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mr Interweb posted:

I've been thinking of getting one for a long time, and i finally set up an appointment for it. i've made the decision to never have kids a long time ago so there's zero concern about me changing my mind about that particular issue.

However, during my consult, the doctor did tell me that there is a low but not non-existence chance that i could develop chronic pain, which is definitely something i AM concerned about. i've already had a bunch of chronic pain issues, and i have no desire to add to the list, especially in that particular area. :suicide:

for anyone who got one, did you experience any of this? are vasectomies pretty safe as far as this particular issue and i'm being worried for nothing?

didnt get chronic pain highly recommend. my dr said unless you got veins wrapped all over your pipes the chance of chronic pain is like .1% and he implied alot of dudes fake it. i did have veins all over my vans and they said i had like a 2% chance.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

why not remove the whole scrotum and balls completely for a more aerodynamic profile?

Rotate it by 90 degrees so you have a frontal ball and a back ball

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

Gotta go fast.

cunningham
Jul 28, 2004
I got mine done in Grafton, Wisconsin, in August 2021. It went without incident, the doctor was great, we chatted the whole time. He and his assistant talked about skin cancer jobs they'd done, I said "on the scrotum?!," he said "I work on other things, ya know," we had a good laugh.

A colleague asked me about my experience, I said go to this guy, he's great, couldn't remember his name, so I looked him up.

This is what I found.

https://www.ahchealthenews.com/2021/09/14/thinking-about-a-vasectomy-rob-schneider-says-you-can-do-it/

Apparently, Rob loving Schneider was a vasectomy patient of his right around when I had my procedure done. To my knowledge, our paths did not cross, but our procedures DEFINITELY happened within the same week, at the same clinic.

I saw questions about "that first post-surgery ejaculation": I'd be lying if I said I didn't have concerns that I'd "pop my stitches" or something, but there were no worries there. I guess I'm coming up on (heh) 1 year of non-potency, so I'll have to remember to bake my wife a cake. Maybe she should do that for me?

*edit: 2020, not 2021. I thought we'd been having great sex for longer than that.

cunningham fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 12, 2022

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Routine, don't stress about it. I got married at 22 (we were together 3 years before that) and got snipped at 23. My mom took me to the Urologist for the procedure because my wife was working. That was amusing with her hanging out with a bunch of old guys with prostate issues in the waiting room. I had drive through Whataburger on the way home because I felt a little light headed after. No complications and I rode an amateur motocross event three days later and my balls didn't explode. I did wear tighty whities for the event though and tried not to hit the motorcycle seat too much to blow any stiches. I'm 46 now, still alive, and have a functioning wiener. Now at our age my wife is more randy than ever and we are super happy to not have to use other methods of protection.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
You're probably worried for nothing. The worst of it is going to be the shots. After that it's pretty quick and you'll be glad you did it.

Definately do the peabags on the nutsack though.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

Pitre posted:

Routine, don't stress about it. I got married at 22 (we were together 3 years before that) and got snipped at 23. My mom took me to the Urologist for the procedure because my wife was working. That was amusing with her hanging out with a bunch of old guys with prostate issues in the waiting room. I had drive through Whataburger on the way home because I felt a little light headed after. No complications and I rode an amateur motocross event three days later and my balls didn't explode. I did wear tighty whities for the event though and tried not to hit the motorcycle seat too much to blow any stiches. I'm 46 now, still alive, and have a functioning wiener. Now at our age my wife is more randy than ever and we are super happy to not have to use other methods of protection.

Nicely done here. Yea the not having to use other control methods alone was worth it.

Personally I liked to stick to a strict biblical regimen of pullouts and buttstuff.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The doctor left his wristwatch in my nutsack. The ticking keeps me up at night. Constant reminder of how time is running out for me and my balls

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Icochet posted:

The doctor left his wristwatch in my nutsack. The ticking keeps me up at night. Constant reminder of how time is running out for me and my balls

T is stored in the balls

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Icochet posted:

at least you'll be able to make an apposite pun when the time comes

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Fun fact: the doctor who delivered me was the same doctor who snipped me 23 years later. I'd heard about people with no kids having trouble finding or convincing doctors to do it, but this dude knew me my whole life and was suspiciously not difficult to convince.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I had two, one year apart, because the first vasectomy was performed incorrectly.

I went to a general surgeon for the first one, he had been performing them for 20+ years apparently, he asked if 3 medical students could observe and I said sure. I took a Valium, joked with the surgeon through most of it, then had a lovely 3-6 months afterward of repeatedly failing the lab analysis. After several months of failed tests the first vasectomy was deemed a failure and I was told I could try another vasectomy one year after the first go.

Second time around I scheduled with a urologist who determined during the second vasectomy that the first surgeon had snipped me twice on one side and left the other side intact. I can’t remember now if I got the all-clear on my
first or second test after vasectomy #2 but it was a big relief.

Statistics show there is a very low chance of vasectomies being unsuccessful but I guess it gives me a “fun” story to tell on occasion. Initial recoveries for both were not terrible, just followed all the usual advice about frozen peas and staying in bed for a couple of days. Had occasional twinges of pain for about 12-18 months afterwards but don’t have any lasting ill effects from it this point, even on the side that ended up being cut 3x.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i have so much sperm its ridicilus1

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Spread the love

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
The doctor that did mine last year told me he did his own back in the 90s. He said the only reason he needed a nurse is because he couldn't do the stitches with one hand. Guy was a real badass.

They gave me what appeared to be a Star Trek TNG hypospray to the nuts. It didn't hurt, but made me jump a foot off the table. The 2nd hypospray to the nuts was about 1/4 as jumpable. The procedure itself wasn't bad at all and before I knew it I was done. I rested up hard but did have some residual pain on my right side for a few months. The dr said it was a granuloma, which is more or less spermy stuff oozing out of the tube end and being a little tender. It's been 11 months and I'm mostly back to normal and the scars are all but gone. 0 regrets.

-- during the procedure, it was funny as hell looking down and just seeing your balls poking out of a sea of blue papers/medical covering. I was surprisingly pretty hosed up on the valium they gave me which made it even funnier to me

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 14, 2022

moparacker
May 8, 2007

Had one twelve years ago. Scalpel version, small bit snipped out and the ends burned. Little tugging during the procedure, but nothing too bad.

Scheduled it so that I had a week off from work directly after the procedure for recovery as my job was physical at the time. Second recovery week was light duty (classroom training) and was back to physical work after that. No more discomfort than what was expected during recovery. Wore a jockstrap as the Dr recommended for two weeks as well.

Zero discomfort later on.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

mlnhd posted:

I did it two months ago--no-laser/no-scalpel. All the other guys complaining about having to hold frozen vegetables on their scrote are exaggerating. There was no pain or discomfort. I submitted a sample by mail and my doctor texted me the results!

To clarify, nobody is exaggerating. You don't ice your balls as a reaction to pain, you do it to reduce swelling and aid healing. I never felt any pain, but I took it easy for 2 days and iced my balls, to help to prevent complications. The guys that get complications are the ones who go "pfft, I feel great, I'm gonna go for a run".

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
i had a vasectomy and it was fuckin sick

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

MSPain posted:

i had a vasectomy and it was fuckin sick

I had one with Chianti earlier today and I can vouch for this.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This thread makes me want to get a vasectomy.

Good job goons.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

I had it done 6 months ago, the doctor I found had been doing them for 20 years and always did the bilateral scalpel version with one end left open. It was incredibly easy and there's really no extra risk or issues with those method vs no-scalpel if you take the recovery seriously. I had a very laid back couple of weeks off, after a week I was fine to move around and do light activity.

This place was the same price or less as anywhere else nearby, but also done under conscious sedation which was cool. He gave me a dose of fentanyl in my hand 20min before starting and I was awake and happy the whole time. Couldn't feel a single thing, no pain but also no sensations of pulling or anything else uncomfortable. A+ experience and the weeks of anxiety beforehand were all about nothing in the end, twilight sedation is magic.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

If you're really hardcore you can get a reversal, so relax

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

sigher posted:

Just as a heads up to anyone thinking "oh it can be reversed," I spoke with a Urologist a little over a year ago to get it done because I don't see myself ever wanting to be a father. He said the operation is considered sterilizing and it's not to be looked as a form of birth control. The reversal process is intense, costs tens of thousands of dollars your insurance won't cover, and a lot of the times it fails.

Go into a vasectomy knowing that you probably won't be getting it undone.

While this is true, it's only like ~$5k. About 100x more intense, tho

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

at least you'll be able to make an apposite pun when the time comes

I thought you fuckers loved pun jokes. Never again! Sad!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm getting a vasrrhaphy, adding a few extra vas deferens to my testes to more efficiently empty them.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

I was all rowdy on Valium when I got mine and spent the procedure telling the Polish urologist and nurse all the Polish curse words I knew. I also very clearly remember the sound of the scissors snipping one of the vas deferens and being impressed by how crisp and clinical those scissors sounded.

As far as the recovery went, there wasn't a lot of pain. I took one Advil after I woke up from my post-procedure nap at home and that took care of most of it, and then I just moved around a little slower for a week or so because the jostling could get a little uncomfortable, especially navigating stairs.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tarkus posted:

I'm getting a vasrrhaphy, adding a few extra vas deferens to my testes to more efficiently empty them.

Just put a valve on the back of the sack like the half-life guy.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

had one. would recommend.

I did have occasional random brief ball pain for like the first couple of months after, but it went away and was pretty minor anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just put a valve on the back of the sack like the half-life guy.

The valve is for my prostate