Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Japan holds their biggest show since the G1 Finals in about four hours. You may remember this show under the usual King of Pro Wrestling name, like every other non tournament show this year they've changed names due to the 50th Anniversary. In addition to the first IWGP WHC defense in months we get to see Ren Narita's comeback. This is the first return from excursion that i can remember in the Bushiroad era where the guy seems to be back under his normal name as a babyface without any kinda heavy gimmick and i'm very curious to see how it goes.

超実力派宣言 〜Declaration of Power〜
October 10th at 4:00 EDT/9:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Ryogoku Kokugikan

Ren Narita Comeback Match:Ren Narita, David Finlay, and Robbie Eagles vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and DOUKI)
Dangerous Tekkers vs. TMDK (Shane Haste and Bad Dude Tito)
Tana, Hikuleo, Taguchi, and Wato vs. House of Torture (EVIL, Yujiro, SHO, and Togo)
Special Tag Match: Bishamon vs. United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Great O-Khan
L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. United Empire (Ospreay, Henare, TJP, and Akira)
Special Single Match:[Master Wato vs. Taiji Ishimori
Provisional KOPW 2022 Who's Your Daddy? Match:Shingo Takagi(h) vs. El Phantasmo
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. JONAH
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Jay White(c) vs. Tama Tonga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The 7th anniversary?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The 7th anniversary?

yeah last i checked it's 1979 and the company's 7 years old. have high hopes for that sayama kid when he returns from excursion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

yeah last i checked it's 1979 and the company's 7 years old. have high hopes for that sayama kid when he returns from excursion

There's a 17-year-old kid called Mutoh who we're expecting big things from in a few years time, everybody is telling him he's going to beat other young talent because he's the future of the company. There is no way this will eventually come back to haunt anybody.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Pretty excited for this. I've missed nooj

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

On my way to the venue wearing my Tama Tonga King of Sports shirt ready to see the despicable Jay White lose the belt.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just arriving at the train station and I feel this is the first NJPW show I've been to where LIJ shirts are outnumbered. (SZKG, mainly Despe, on top)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rocky on commentary

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Rocky on commentary

noooooooooo

love you, rock but I wanted Gino

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is such a bad time for me, i'll most likely be missing this since I really should be getting some sleep before work tonight. Will be cheering for Ren to join SZKG and for ELP to beat his son.

Rocky on comms is cool, I still have fond memories of the G1 he did with Kevin and Chris. Such great chemistry

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Oleg Boltin is here

https://twitter.com/hm_njpw_picture/status/1579378007927848961?t=6AsO7IDt_HGIv4t9LjAmmQ&s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 10, 2022

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Looking forward to Ren beating the piss out of people. Hopefully Tsooj is coming back soon as well

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

looks like a decent crowd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looks like a pretty good crowd!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Just arriving at the train station and I feel this is the first NJPW show I've been to where LIJ shirts are outnumbered. (SZKG, mainly Despe, on top)

kinda surprised as while the first match is important in it's own way this isn't a show featuring those guys at all

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Oleg standing next to okada

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was a hell of a video package

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I managed to get today WFH so I can watch the New Japans woop woop

:toot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here's a scoop for you.... New Japan rules!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ren could literally be shibatas son lol

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

wonder what they're gonna do for inoki at wk?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Here's a scoop for you.... New Japan rules!

gently caress off my gimmick J-Ru! :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Ren could literally be shibatas son lol

Ren: Shibata-Sensei.... did you have sex with my mother?
Shibata: No-
Ren's Mom: -t yet :heysexy:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

glad he made it to the yl stage

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

gently caress off my gimmick J-Ru! :argh:

It's a good thing I'm an orphan owned by the forums :ohdear:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Music rights!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
New Japan is so good at these commemorative moments

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Oleg is a big boy

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Minor Royal Quest sighting!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Those RQ2 clips bringing back the memories :allears:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Honestly, the “Who’s your daddy” stip is an interesting twist on an I Quit match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Honestly, the “Who’s your daddy” stip is an interesting twist on an I Quit match

Isn't it just a normal match except the loser has to call the winner Daddy? More like a Kiss My Foot match than anything else

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

they've done a good job overall with the kopw. i didn't think it would ever work aside from Yano Match stuff but this works and i loved the cumulative pincount gimmick

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SON OF STRONG STYLE :swoon:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

These szg juniors are the best

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
That DSP shirt rules

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

obv his gimmick is pretty explicitly "shibata's heir" and it's so cool to see someone come back in black trunks. love o-khan but you need a counterweight.

https://twitter.com/thauros_/status/1340621996896489474?s=20&t=vg_YHusIGkPzu0nqvMiTYw

the funny thing tho is that while i also had ishii vs taichi in mind the "no bullshit asskicker" i was talking about there was ben-k lmao. for those who don't follow dg he's now gone in a very different direction

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thauros posted:

obv his gimmick is pretty explicitly "shibata's heir" and it's so cool to see someone come back in black trunks. love o-khan but you need a counterweight.

https://twitter.com/thauros_/status/1340621996896489474?s=20&t=vg_YHusIGkPzu0nqvMiTYw

the funny thing tho is that while i also had ishii vs taichi in mind the "no bullshit asskicker" i was talking about there was ben-k lmao. for those who don't follow dg he's now gone in a very different direction

It's why ZSJ and Taichi are the perfect tag team :hmmyes:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
“I’m excessively online, guys” ~ Chris Charlton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

“I’m excessively online, guys” ~ Chris Charlton

All right which one of you is his account?