Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

There's also a chain called "philly's best" that has, as far as I can tell, decent philly sandwiches and each location has a lot of philadelphia related decor but the best thing there are the fries. very crispy and tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

sb hermit posted:

I think in :ca: they're just called sub sandwiches, if not just a straight up sandwich.

There's a popular chain called Ike's Love and Sandwiches, which has vegan options. Quite good.

still looking for the bahn mi who is the one

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

sb hermit

thoughts and prayers

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

Thoughts and prayers :pray:

Saoshyant posted:

My thoughts and prayers go to all of you. God bless America.

Chewbecca posted:

God bless!! Thoughts and prayers!!

I guess this has already been mentioned many times before particularly by forums superstar Chewbecca but I guess it doesn't hurt to say it again.

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

still looking for the bahn mi who is the one

banh mi is the greatest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3NkWnHl9Q

sb hermit

double double animal style, order of fries and a chocolate shake

big black turnout

sb hermit posted:

I think in :ca: they're just called sub sandwiches, if not just a straight up sandwich.

There's a popular chain called Ike's Love and Sandwiches, which has vegan options. Quite good.

I went to one of these for the first time recently and was pretty impressed

sb hermit

big black turnout posted:

I went to one of these for the first time recently and was pretty impressed

:hfive:

I went because I remember it being recommended here in this forum because they had vegan options (I'm not vegan but I like to try vegan food) and yeah, it was great.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

sb hermit posted:

There's also a chain called "philly's best" that has, as far as I can tell, decent philly sandwiches and each location has a lot of philadelphia related decor but the best thing there are the fries. very crispy and tasty.

there’s a burger place close to me that over the last few years has fallen off completely but they used to also serve pizzas and sandwiches as a more general “american food” joint and they had a really good approximation of a philly cheesesteak. chopped fried beef and onion and melted cheese product on a super soft sub. no peppers which i think is part of the original recipe but i’ve never been to philly so i don’t know. either way it was really good and a lot of food for the money even if it was a tad bit expensive and it was also only possible to get as a combo with fries and every time i also ate the fries i regretted eating the fries because it was just too much food.

either way they’ve pivoted to becoming a ghost kitchen franchise and only serve really basic stuff that other restaurants can easily make with as little equipment as possible so the quality went way down the prices managed to go up and i will forever lament them

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Escape From Noise

My friend got sick eating Subway here in Osaka. Can't say I'm surprised. Eat fresh and risk your digestive tract rebelling.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

OK I got that the kid banged his head... I stopped getting what was going on after that part.

watho

never went to osaka (would love to some day tho) but i only ever remember seeing one Subway Eat Fresh (registered trademark) in all of tokyo which was kinda funny to me. i think i are there once because a friend wanted to but i don’t remember. i do remember when the first carl’s jr there opened. i ate there twice and it was good, i was shocked to hear later on from north americans that it was considered a real low tier burger chain in america i thought for sure it was one of those that are good but usually not really worth the money ones

watho

now i’m really craving burgers, a sub/hoagie/grinder, and ramen

Escape From Noise

I've never eaten at Hardee's/Carl's Jr./Hornyburger.

Escape From Noise

Escape From Noise

America is all about highly sexualized hamburger sandwiches.

watho

Escape From Noise posted:

America is all about highly sexualized hamburger sandwiches.

i am not american but i’ve gotta hand it to them, hamburgers have a certain sexual appeal

Escape From Noise

:burger::gizz:

sb hermit

Prurient Squid posted:

OK I got that the kid banged his head... I stopped getting what was going on after that part.

Sorry, the song itself is more memorable than the music video, and neither have anything to do with banh mi.

sb hermit

watho posted:

never went to osaka (would love to some day tho) but i only ever remember seeing one Subway Eat Fresh (registered trademark) in all of tokyo which was kinda funny to me. i think i are there once because a friend wanted to but i don’t remember. i do remember when the first carl’s jr there opened. i ate there twice and it was good, i was shocked to hear later on from north americans that it was considered a real low tier burger chain in america i thought for sure it was one of those that are good but usually not really worth the money ones

I really love carl's jr myself. If I had to pick between a Carl's Jr, McDonalds or Jack in the Box, I'd probably get Carl's Jr hands down. Here in Southern California, they're extremely common, about as common as McDonalds, and the menu is slightly different than most burger places. On the american food side, you can get uncommon items like onion rings, breaded zucchini, or the legendary Western Bacon Cheeseburger which is a cheeseburger that has an onion ring and bbq sauce in it (it's legendarily bad for being soggy about five minutes after you pick it up).

There's a good chance that a Carl's Jr will also have mexican food because they bought a mexican food franchise called Green Burrito but I haven't tried that stuff.

Anyways, "real low tier" doesn't quite mean "bad", I think. A lot of people probably haven't been there in awhile, despite seeing it on the road, since it's just another burger joint. No one's embarrassed to pick up Carl's Jr for lunch the same way someone might feel about, say, Burger King or Subway.

sb hermit

Escape From Noise posted:

My friend got sick eating Subway here in Osaka. Can't say I'm surprised. Eat fresh and risk your digestive tract rebelling.

speak of the devil

Prurient Squid

Time to ride the freight train!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Public transportation? This is America, not some communist hellhole!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Escape From Noise

Saoshyant posted:

Public transportation? This is America, not some communist hellhole!

Looking into buying a sex doll so I can use the carpool lane.

Prurient Squid

The cumpool lane.

Machai

Trickle up economics

watho

i’m part of a lobbyist group funded by a shell company owned by several republican senators and lawmakers focused on astroturfing a movement to replace all bus lanes with ones dedicated to people receiving road head

Machai

Who's this Jerry Mander guy? Why don't we just arrest him so he stops messing up our elections?

Areola Grande

yard sale everything must go

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
carbonated soft drinks are cokes. all of them. pepsi is a kind of coke.

thanks Manifisto!

Ass-penny

waking up and finding that christian fundamentalists have taken my rights in my sleep :blastu:

Machai

Areola Grande posted:

yard sale everything must go

Looks like rain.

Prurient Squid

The people who call me a gun toting maniac will be sorry once I shoot them with my gun.

Ass-penny

Prurient Squid posted:

The people who call me a gun toting maniac will be sorry once I shoot them with my gun.

Macnult

gotta hold off on mountain biking this week because i got a new job and my insurance doesn’t start till the 1st

Prurient Squid

I voted for the President! The President of these United States!

watho

a bumper sticker with the pic of some random guy with the text “not my president”

Prurient Squid

More hustle! This is the sidewalk!

Areola Grande

it just takes some elbow grease u pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Went to the library where there was an armed guard at check-in and then the grocery store where there was an armed guard at the checkout

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!