Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
We've all got games in our libraries, Steam or otherwise, that we bought with the intention to play but haven't.

This thread is a call to action!

Find a game in your library you haven't played yet that you have meant to, and - well, play it!

Bonus points if you then let us know how you felt about it!

I'm going to play: Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

It has been sitting in my game library for years now, completely unplayed.
My friend's sibling worked on this game so I really wanted to check it out. But then I just didn't get around to it. But that changes now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

itry posted:

Do gifts count? How about bundled games? Asking for a friend.

:hmmyes: I think yes!

If it's sitting in your library and it's something you've been meaning to play, I encourage you to make now (or at least when you're free) the time to give it a try!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I'm going to play: Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

It has been sitting in my game library for years now, completely unplayed.
My friend's sibling worked on this game so I really wanted to check it out. But then I just didn't get around to it. But that changes now!

So I've played about 45 minutes of the game. The combat seems fun enough. I love what they've done with items. The story seems like it might be good, but obviously is way too early to tell.
The dialog and some of the art, especially the portraits, are a little bit uncanny valley. Just a little bit something is off.

It's a bit too early to say much about the game, but I've finally actually started playing it like I said I would. :toot:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I had some time to play more Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark last night. After playing for a while, I noticed I was really tired. When I looked at the clock, I was surprised how late it got. I wasn't sure about it initially, but I guess it managed to pull me in.

It's also a lot harder than I expected, or I'm just bad at it. At least when I die, it didn't reset all my progress before the battle, which I really like. It's kind of good at teaching you everything you need to know, but it probably should have directed me to the level up screen before I moved on to the third battle, where things ramped up in difficulty significantly.
At some point, we were down to 1 troop each with my last troop severely damaged. So I backed my last troop into the corner and kept healing over and over while the enemy paced back and forth, attacking me, but not enough that I wasn't making net gains on health. I eventually healed back up enough to counterattack, and narrowly won. I also gained exp each action cycle, which was really nice. I guess I could have just really farmed exp by constantly healing. Though the enemy units also level up during the battle, so maybe their damage increases would have outpaced my healing increases. I'm not sure.

It plays a lot like Final Fantasy: Tactics, so if you liked that game, I think you'll really like this one. I'm glad I finally started on it. If I didn't have stuff to do, I'd probably be playing it right now.

Also, I had forgotten my friend had a portrait in the game as a KickStarter backer. It's so incredibly clearly him that it's going to take me some time to get used to it. XD
Edit: Now I've run into enemies with a different friend's username and last name as their names. How many of my friends backed this thing?!

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 14, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Oh god dammit fine, I'll actually PLAY one of these drat things. My troll of a sister has bought me some garbo games as a fun prank, I might subject myself to em and report.

Please do, that'd be hilarious!