Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Koopa Kid posted:

Durzi looks pretty good! :v:

I’ve said this before, but I don’t know what a guy like Sandin should be expected to do in the NHL. He has no physical tools at all, it is absolutely not a league where smarts can make up for being small and slow and weak. I’m not even sure development is the issue when it comes to drafting guys highly who never had a ceiling to begin with.

I'm starting to feel that offensive D-men have to be amazing or they're worthless. Like how in baseball the only people who should try to steal have like a 90% success rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

I’ve said this before, but I don’t know what a guy like Sandin should be expected to do in the NHL. He has no physical tools at all, it is absolutely not a league where smarts can make up for being small and slow and weak. I’m not even sure development is the issue when it comes to drafting guys highly who never had a ceiling to begin with.

He did a nice butt check once so he could be Nik Kronwall with puck skills. Unfortunately right now he's more like Staffan Kronwall than even 2018-19 Niklas.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Flocons de Jambon posted:

I'm starting to feel that offensive D-men have to be amazing or they're worthless. Like how in baseball the only people who should try to steal have like a 90% success rate.

There isn’t a lot of room for one-dimensional guys on an NHL blueline anymore yeah, but once again Sandin’s problem isn’t that he’s good but not great, he straight up isn’t good. Not agile enough to walk the line or shed checks, no reach, does not have a hard shot. What’s his one dimension? What scenario could a team feel comfortable with him on the ice?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Uh, wasn't it mostly injuries? And that basically describes Byfield too but he's still struggling while healthy.

Anyway score a loving goal assholes. Then another. A third would be ideal.

It wasn't just injuries. He was having trouble sticking up even when healthy

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The wild thing is that the Leafs had issues last year with a ton of these guys. Muzzin was hurt and ineffective all year, Holl was ineffective and a healthy scratch multiple times including playoffs, Sandin was hurt a bunch and a healthy scratch in the playoffs after never separating himself from the pack. Dubas expected to run all those guys back like none of that ever happened and have it work.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Looks like Zucker and Guentzel back in tonight. Hopefully they are mostly very reasonably healthy. Should make a big difference, but idk this team has been very Jekyll/Hyde.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Carter is very old and very washed. 4th line also not nearly as good as they were last year.

Edit: I wish I had some stats to check but Dumo seems so completely and utterly incapable of exiting his own zone. Be interested to see how much worse it is this year.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
just logging on to say the first two calls against calgary in the BOA tonight made me IRL LOL at how loving awful they were

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The vaunted 68% PK oh boy.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

kraken are seattle sports through and through :smith:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

im at this kraken game and there is a pbj corndog that is… just awful

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Glad to have you back Jake :)

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Hahahahhaha kraken with the worst defense, just don’t even be on the ice, why even pretend to defend

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Tweak posted:

im at this kraken game and there is a pbj corndog that is… just awful

Awful like that goal they gave up :(

I think it’s supposed to be a viral challenge to eat it n on instagram or something.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

that's a lmao bounce

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good gently caress just let this stand

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I didn't even know you could challenge for missed stoppages for high sticks

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lol Sullivan going to win another one.

Ginette Reno posted:

I didn't even know you could challenge for missed stoppages for high sticks

They added it I think because of a missed stoppage in the playoffs.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lmfao what the hell

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
loving lol they're just killin hockey with these reviews

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lol the Pens are such a joke

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

That was a "gently caress you" goal right there.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Ok this one HAS to stick

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Ginette Reno posted:

loving lol they're just killin hockey with these reviews

This

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

incredible

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Tweak posted:

lmfao what the hell

Wennberg knocked the puck down with his stick above the shoulders. Upon playing the puck the Kracken should have been stopped.

They can have that one though.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok I’ll take this one I guess. Tie it up

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Man the reffing absolutely sucks in this Calgary game.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The amount of pucks that just are bouncing off Pens sticks or squeezing under them is wild. Just tons of mishandles and non-clean plays. Really weird.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I recently moved to literally across the street from the Climate Pledge Arena and can hear the retired Hyak horn sounding for Kraken goals before they happen 30 seconds later on the TV broadcast. That sequence of goals and challenges was a real rollercoaster

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The amount of pucks that just are bouncing off Pens sticks or squeezing under them is wild. Just tons of mishandles and non-clean plays. Really weird.

It's been like that all west coast trip

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I hate a lot of things about this team this year. Just a bunch of idiotic plays and gutless efforts

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Kapanen you stupid gently caress.

Dumo needs to be sent up state pronto but the Pens have zero anyone to play anything near top pairing minutes on the left side.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
Happy for this kraken team stylin on these goals

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kapanen you stupid gently caress.

Dumo needs to be sent up state pronto but the Pens have zero anyone to play anything near top pairing minutes on the left side.

doubt Ty Smith could do any worse

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Huh I sure hope starting period 3 with 1:40 to kill off doesn’t come back to bite the Kraken

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

doubt Ty Smith could do any worse

I think they need Smith and PoJ both need to be in the lineup if only to add so skating from the back end. It's so so so slow. I'm not sure what I expected from Petry but he's been a bad version of Marino with less mobility...somehow.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I think they need Smith and PoJ both need to be in the lineup if only to add so skating from the back end. It's so so so slow. I'm not sure what I expected from Petry but he's been a bad version of Marino with less mobility...somehow.

The breakout is so bad

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Yay Kraken W :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever