Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Turns out Jake Muzzin sucks poo poo!! Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t blame Murray for anything but the 2nd Caufield goal. I absolutely blame Muzzin and Holl for being the slowest players in the NHL and stupid to boot

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Gonna own if Samsonov somehow sucks worse

He’s 100% legitimately a worse goalie

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That Leafs PP was ridiculous

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yup, Rielly still absolutely garbage at blocking obvious passing lanes

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So the game has to pause for 8 minutes because Hathaway tried to sell a tap on his arm like he was dying

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Welp, Samsonov sucks too

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs have 21 shots in the first period and are losing, feels like hockey’s back

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

BWV posted:

Leafs already so down on their goalies they're letting people wack at them with no repercussions. Sad!

Bring me Erik Källgren

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It’s so weird to watch other teams properly defend 2 on 1s after seeing Morgan Rielly repeatedly just stare at a guy from the middle of the ice as they score.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ay Kerfoot made a play in the offensive zone :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

lol I was just thinking how underwhelming the whole third line had been so far this season.

They’d been garbage until that one play, it’s true

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It’s hard to believe this PP unit is the same one that scored the first goal of the game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Engvall basically begging Keefe to bench him on that shift

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Marner’s desire to set Matthews up is so palpable every Cap just stands between them whenever Mitch has the puck and all offense is killed immediately

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

It was a great backcheck though. Shame about the immediately giving it back to Oshie because ???

The first two games of the season have me believing that several Leafs are so thrown off by the Milk ad that they no longer recognize friend from foe

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Really gonna need Bunting to cash in on more garbage in front of empty nets

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Both of these teams look hungover. I guess it’s not surprising when the second game of the season is a sludge game but the fatigue combined with the sloppiness is a real woof

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Maybe Matthews? :siren: lol nice catch Lindgren

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jake Muzzin is terrible but also that hit is almost never called

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

First week of the season. Have to wait at least 3 weeks before the rule book starts losing pages.

Weirdly there was enough scoring last season that nobody’s really hemming and hawing about obstruction, so rather than a specific crackdown on any one infraction I guess they’re just gonna call what they feel like

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Very frustrating that Sandin gets tripped in the corner with no call and then another forceless tap sends the Caps to the PP late

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Justin Holl definitely does some things well, I just wish the team had a real second pair in front of him

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs win :toot:

That was a real obvious attempt at rubber banding by the refs in the third, it was kinda like watching EA’s games in real life

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Everyone hates this guy

Most people are never gonna like a big slow dude who’s prone to errors that lead to goals, but he’s good at a few specific things that the team needs so I see why Keefe keeps throwing him out there.

The real issue is that he needs a partner who’s quick enough and physical enough to cover for him when he gets caught pinching and retrieve dump-ins off the wall so he spends as little time in his zone as possible. Broken Jake Muzzin can no longer do either of those things.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Soooooooft holding call there, Brannstrom still got the puck and made the play

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Sens PP looks good

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Engvall and Kerfoot sandwiching a single D on the forecheck and (predictably) losing that battle is a good reason why at least one of them probably needs to go for cap room

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ah Zaitsev :allears:

It’s a shame the Leafs forwards have basically refused to score on any of the good chances they’ve been getting so far this season

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jake Muzzin can stop passing to the other team in the defensive zone literally any time now

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

These refs are gonna make Keefe blow his top

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

drat, real Jimmy Vesey vibes off of Malgin on that shift defensively. If he’s just gonna watch while his linemates do everything he won’t be long for this league.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mitch Marner playing like a jackass

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That powerplay was embarrassing, not a single Leaf could handle the puck, nobody seemed to know what the play was

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Well at least that call was clear and obvious

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wow, what a crazy 5 minutes :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Had to switch to the ridiculous Astros-Mariners game but belated :siren: Willy even though god that PP looked like poo poo before the pass

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Fuckin Giroux, be old already

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ah, set on a tee by Brodie’s skate. He and Rielly have been brutal in their own end to start the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

J… Justin Holl?!?!?