Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
It's that time again, AAA is running their biggest show of the year (for the third time this year) to celebrate 30 years of AAA in Triplemania XXX. After a year of only Triplemania mattering, we have finally hit the culmination, which will have at least 2 great matches and a bunch of stunt booking to make you question what AAA managment is thinking.

If you want the in depth Cubsfan preview, it's here.

How did we get here?

Triplemania XXX: Monterrey
The first Triplemania of the year started us off with the first round of Ruleta de la Muerte, with 8 luchadores putting their masks on the line in a losers advance tournament to find the biggest loser it's Villano IV, it's always been Villano IV. A bunch of really old dudes that shouldn't be wrestling wrestled guys that had to eat pinfalls to be able not have to see the old dude wrestle again at a future Triplemania. Villano IV vs LA Park was the best match of those by far since all they did was brawl and bleed throughout the crowd. Other things that happened are Sammy and Tay winning the mixed tag titles and Hijo del Tirantes completely blew the finish of a Young Bucks vs Hijo del Vikingo and Fenix match, making AAA's Mega Champion look like a loser on the biggest stage of all, Triplemania. This show was too loving long.

Triplemania XXX: Tijuana
The second Triplemania of the year brought us the second round of the mask tournament, which again had Villano IV put on a great match with Psycho Clown only to lose. Fenix won the Cruiserweight and Latin American Championships in a really good match, Chik Tormenta lost her mask, and The Hardy Brothers (Matt and Johnny Hardy) had a match. This show was too loving long.

Where are we now?

Hermanos Lee have spent the year complaining about FTR ducking them (while FTR is complaining about the AEW tag champs ducking them) and are in a 4 way tag match to get a match with FTR. This match will have absolutely crazy spots because they just threw together the crazy spot guys.

There is a 3 way trios match for the Trios Championship and be able to get Psycho Clown, Bandido, and Johnny Caballero on the card.

Kamille is replacing Thunder Rosa for the Women's Championship match.

Pagano and Cibernetico have been in a very violent discussion about who should get a haircut. Pagano loves doing dumb stuff like diving into a bunch of chairs without anyone catching him, diving into not a bunch of chairs without anyone catching him, and bleeding. Cibernetico is kind of old and not wrestling great, but has an entire faction behind him to assist in making Pagano bleed.

Hijo del Vikingo is putting the Mega Championship on the line against Fenix. This will be one of the best matches in Mexico all year and we will see two of the best high flyers in the world.

Pentagon Jr and Villano IV are looking to crown the biggest loser and see who loses their mask Villano IV. This could also compete for one of the best matches in Mexico all year and we will see no one leaving the ground.

This show will be too loving long.

When is AAA Triplemania XXX III?

Saturday, October 15 at 8PM CDT.

How can I watch AAA Triplemania XXX III?

It is being broadcast live (minus the Marvel and Copa Bardahl matches) on Fite in both English and Spanish. If you don't want to pay $23 for Triplemania and live in Mexico, parts of it will be broadcast live (I think on Space) and the rest will come out over the coming weeks on Space. If you don't live in Mexico, the entire show and all the matches will end up on Youtube eventually.

What are some good matches from previous Triplemania XXX?

Villano IV vs LA Park
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwU1RWGfO2Q

Fenix vs Laredo Kid vs Taurus vs Bandido vs Hijo del Vikingo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB6o9LpfG5c

Oil! fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they're really missing out broadcasting the marvel matches but w/e I'm hype for some

BRUTAL
BRUTAL
BRUTAL
PELIIIIIIGRO
action!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A hair vs hair match where there can be only one winner and a mask v mask with only one winner. I love AAA.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

triplemania is really wrestling show that regularly feels like eating way too much candy and being sick

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
So glad that Marvel and hopefully El Furioso are back

edit: lmaoing and lolling all over again
https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/1426727247390691328

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
this card also is legendary as it has Dralistico aka Mistico II AND Myzteziz Jr. in the same match as opponents

who both are not only not related to Mistico, they're not related to each other either

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I recently had to describe a AAA card to someone using the phrase "and they're not even the MAIN clown faction".

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Triplemania is always going to have 1 match be MOTYC and 1 Match be WMOTYC and 1 match that may not be good but something you'd never see elsewhere

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Is that Pentagon Jr a different guy to the AEW one who used to use that name? Or is there straight zero chance he's losing the apuestas?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

90% two fat old guys hitting each other. Villano attempts an actual wrestling move and it immediately backfires, costing him the match. *****

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Triplemania is always going to have 1 match be MOTYC and 1 Match be WMOTYC and 1 match that may not be good but something you'd never see elsewhere

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1467319968110940164

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SG Bamboo posted:

Is that Pentagon Jr a different guy to the AEW one who used to use that name? Or is there straight zero chance he's losing the apuestas?

Nope, it's real Penta. He is 100% not losing his mask.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

SG Bamboo posted:

Someone made one of the dumbest tweets of all time saying that Pentagon Jr was going to lose his mask because of how much money AAA could make from the NFT.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Oil! posted:

Someone made one of the dumbest tweets of all time saying that Pentagon Jr was going to lose his mask because of how much money AAA could make from the NFT.

Konnan smoking a blunt saying think of all the pesos.

A dentist will be unmasked tomorrow. Nobody knows he is a dentist.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Lid posted:

Konnan smoking a blunt saying think of all the pesos.

A dentist will be unmasked tomorrow. Nobody knows he is a dentist.

No one knows who this man is. Sure, he has a famous father and multiple brothers that have unmasked, but no one knows who he is.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

gently caress it, purchased. Currently on vacation in Mexico so might as well.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
No sound and off to an insanely strong start.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
show the Marvel match cowards

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
hey we got the band playing the pink panther tune!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Already PPV of the year

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Very quiet music, afraid to turn it up in case it goes back to regular volume.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Lamuella posted:

Very quiet music, afraid to turn it up in case it goes back to regular volume.

stick with Spanish until they figure it out

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao this band is terrible

trombone champ level

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Black screen. Best pape ever.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

fez_machine posted:

lmao this band is terrible

trombone champ level

I wish

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Honor!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
30 minutes to get to the first match just feels right

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Respect for how much they're milking this opening.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
not one but TWO urns!!!

English commentary is scratchy as hell.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ah, the urn.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
AAA is for the children of luchadores.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Are

are the babies going to wtestle

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
these lucha babies

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
THE MACK IS BACK!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
edit: good stuff

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
They looooove Willie

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Too Sexy to win, Willie Mack

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Holy poo poo Komander

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

fez_machine posted:

They looooove Willie

The second coming of Black Magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao the spanish desk saying "Willie! Willie! Willie!" like Jr says "sammy! Sammy! Sammy!"