Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I’m glad oregon usually has at least 1 non conference P5 game even if it ends up horribly backfiring a lot of times. Give me good games goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

General Dog posted:

Just about everyone in the SEC seems to roughly adhere this non-con structure:

-one P5 home-and-home or neutral site (ACC rivalry games go here)
-two home games against G5
-one FCS

This bullshit needs to stop. The 'neutral sites' are usually in the SEC footprint. I want to see them play a neutral site game in, like, Minneapolis.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

This bullshit needs to stop. The 'neutral sites' are usually in the SEC footprint. I want to see them play a neutral site game in, like, Minneapolis.

We have home and homes with Nebraska and Washington on the schedule. That game in Washington is gonna rule.

e: oops you said neutral sites

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

We have home and homes with Nebraska and Washington on the schedule. That game in Washington is gonna rule.

e: oops you said neutral sites

My buddies and I have Knoxville pegged for our away game trip that year. Can't wait.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Edward Mass posted:

Why would I want to go to New Orleans and the Superdome when I can go to….Minneapolis?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

kayakyakr posted:

Huh, I wonder if he was related to Vietnam era general William Westmorland. If so, he would have been a distant in-law.

Or a girl I knew at Louisville my freshman year who was beyond hot :allears:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Weird place to take a kid's death!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Judgy Fucker posted:

It was a mostly tongue-in-cheek comment.

Though doesn’t Florida have some crazy streak of not playing an OOC game outside of the State of Florida?

It looks like September 1991 at Syracuse was the last one. Annual games against FSU and a scattering of games with Miami blocked out some trips outside of Florida. In 2024, the Gators play FSU, Miami, and UCF. In 2025, the Gators play FSU, Miami, USF, and Florida A&M.

Next season the Gators travel to Utah. In 2026 they visit NC State. In 2027 they visit Cal. So it's getting more varied I guess. And the SEC itself ranges from Texas to Florida to South Carolina.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Grittybeard posted:

But Kentucky has one hell of a chance to wreck that season and make everyone really angry.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Or a girl I knew at Louisville my freshman year who was beyond hot :allears:

Henchman of Santa posted:

right? I was wondering if he's a cousin that I should mention to the in-laws (that entire family has significant ties to Mississippi)...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress yeah go Aztecs

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Things have been stressful lately. My frame of mind is a little… off. :smith:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It’s ok, they probably won’t win again for another decade or so.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Silly Burrito posted:

Why would I want to go to New Orleans and the Superdome when I can go to….Minneapolis?

can't believe they're hosting games in atlanta and miami and nola instead of wichita

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

can't believe they're hosting games in atlanta and miami and nola instead of wichita

Hey Wichita has a fantastic airport. They can land the space shuttle there!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

where the hell is northwestern going to play for two seasons when they are building their ridiculous stadium? maine south high school?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

where the hell is northwestern going to play for two seasons when they are building their ridiculous stadium? maine south high school?

Gonna be pretty sad when Northwestern can't sell out a high school stadium

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Probably Soldier or, even better, Wrigley

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Probably Soldier or, even better, Wrigley

The Northwestern/Purdue game at Wrigley was a loving catastrophe, that would be hilarious.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Northwestern/Purdue game at Wrigley was a loving catastrophe, that would be hilarious.

Was that the one where they had whatever team was on offense always go the same direction because the other endzone was so dangerous? Or was that a bowl game at the baseball Giants’ stadium in SF?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No that was the one against Illinois in 2010. They fixed the end zone issue last year but the grass over the infield was so poorly laid in that it was like a slip n slide.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I suggest the time is with the Bears move to Arlington so they can get a cheap price to play in Soldier Field.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CjMumme/status/1583111897716428800

I did not realize we were so favored. I do not think Texas is going to win this game by a TD.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/CjMumme/status/1583111897716428800

I did not realize we were so favored. I do not think Texas is going to win this game by a TD.

Sanders is questionable for the game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

I suggest the time is with the Bears move to Arlington so they can get a cheap price to play in Soldier Field.

It won't line up, they are planning to demolish ryan field after next season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

Sanders is questionable for the game.

Ah, OK

lol if we go 2-0 against the state of Oklahoma this year on the strength of getting them both the one week their QBs were out

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, OK

lol if we go 2-0 against the state of Oklahoma this year on the strength of getting them both the one week their QBs were out

A W is a W, also God bless and speedy recovery to Sanders (after tomorrow)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, OK

I don't think you were losing to Oklahoma either way frankly that team is in a bad way this year comparatively

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

It won't line up, they are planning to demolish ryan field after next season.

Ah didn't realize it was happening that fast. Well, they'll probably try to play at Soldier Field anyway right? It's either that or a high school field. I can't think of any JUCO places even that would be somewhere close.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
*Insert Ryan Field is already a high school football field joke here*

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ryan Field loving rules.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ryan Field loving rules.

wrong

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I'm old enough to remember when Ryan Field was Dyche stadium.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Ryan Field is the most charming stadium in the B1G

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Ryan Field sounds like the name of a Big Ten West quarterback.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Going over my picks this week and noticed BYU @ Liberty which strikes me as the most annoying religious matchup ever.

Which for college football reasons makes me hope this is going to be a yearly rivalry.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Going over my picks this week and noticed BYU @ Liberty which strikes me as the most annoying religious matchup ever.

Which for college football reasons makes me hope this is going to be a yearly rivalry.

BYU and Baylor is about to be very shortly

I guess I don't know if it'll be annual yet, but it'll be often at least

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I appreciate Ryan Field for having a couple sections that might have the absolute worst sight lines in football history

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

General Dog posted:

Ryan Field sounds like the name of a Big Ten West quarterback.

I literally thought y’all were talking about Ohio State’s coach at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I appreciate Ryan Field for having a couple sections that might have the absolute worst sight lines in football history

No one sits there, it is taped off.