Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

where is the UT-Georgia game this year

Athens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Reminder that Brian Kelly killed a guy.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1581479084349005827?t=Vh2Fi-l8_jW8aTeN_szD5A&s=19

Amazing, 10/10, no notes

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Horned frogs win and go certified dank:

https://twitter.com/bballbanddeer/status/1581480686984519682?t=Kct6OlxyWe6K5wyKXBhZcA&s=19

Gonna go to a bowl for the first time in a long time. Totally overshadowed by the Vols (bitch) achievements today but still was a great game that's worth watching during work this week.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Da Vols

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

In FCS news, the Mighty Vandals of Idaho beat the hated #3 Montana Grizzlies in Montana to recover the Little Brown Stein for the first time since 1999. This breaks the seven game winning streak Montana had, and I am extremely happy and inebriated as a result.

Man beating your rival is loving great.

pfunkdaddy
Nov 19, 2004

*makes it rain*

A Real Horse posted:

In FCS news, the Mighty Vandals of Idaho beat the hated #3 Montana Grizzlies in Montana to recover the Little Brown Stein for the first time since 1999. This breaks the seven game winning streak Montana had, and I am extremely happy and inebriated as a result.

gently caress YES!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

A Real Horse posted:

Beating your rival is extremely ftw

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

A Real Horse posted:

:hai:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

A Real Horse posted:

I agree

I don't give a drat about the whole state of Alabama

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

I agree

I don't give a drat about the whole state of Alabama

Same friend, same.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
This has been a phenomenal day of football.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

this ones for epsilonomega. miss you brother

god bless the vols. hope you enjoyed this one brother, we sure as hell did down here

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pobrecito posted:

:hmmyes:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU can still finish 10-2. Hell, they probably should. That being said it's getting really old seeing the exact same same bullshit year in and year out from Franklin. Another year coming out of the bye looking completely unprepared and making GBS threads his pants against a big time ranked opponent. If he follows regular suit and loses to Minnesota next week in a home game they have no business losing then I will be officially off the james franklin train. Hopefully Sean Clifford's shoulder injury is bad enough that I never have to see him take another snap as long as I live

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/josh_dobbs1/status/1581422703286046721?s=46&t=TEeZPGy7LBsJRjzmNypchA

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Great day of football

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pobrecito posted:

The Michigan-PSU game had an objectively hilarious first half, but was there another good noon game? Because 3:30 and 7pm both got good games, including some people having to quadbox all the good sportsball on at one time between the major networks.

And everyone hates Brian Kelly because he's just a poo poo person. drat near every other supervillain coach has at least *some* positive quirks or charitable poo poo that they do. Harbaugh is extremely weird but happily BLM marched with his kids, Saban did pro-vaccine announcements, and so on. Kelly's just a gently caress.

also the Yankees lost

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 16, 2022

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Metal Cam Riding

Also Wake Forest should be in the top 10 goddamn it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Utes…….bitch?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Happy that Michigan got their act together in the second but drat am I happier for the Vols fans in this thread :unsmith:

E: is this the highest-ranked team to rush a field after beating a team with a better ranking?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 16, 2022

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

The Michigan-PSU game had an objectively hilarious first half, but was there another good noon game?

ISU/Texas and Auburn/Ole Miss were both pretty good. And Illinois beat Minnesota lol.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

C-Euro posted:

Happy that Michigan got their act together in the second but drat am I happier for the Vols fans in this thread :unsmith:

Yeah I did my usual happy screaming and yelling after the first half clusterfuck, but the Tennessee win was basically why we all watch college football not involving "our" teams. Just a stellar game with an underdog winning in an unexpected and hilarious fashion while the TV screen is flooded with hilariously happy people that don't know what the gently caress to do. But they do know that the stadium has goalposts and those goalposts need to go.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://imgur.com/a/rFdpRgP

Goddamn what an awesome game. And yes, I’m a total goon. Please ignore my gut. I feel sorry for my dogs

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
gently caress Refs Forever. Those 2 Bullshit roughing calls made me cuss in front of my kids. A lot.

Still, going into the season I assumed USC would have 2 losses by now, so all in all I’m not too upset. We are way ahead of where I thought we’d be.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Oklahoma won a game :unsmith:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

facialimpediment posted:

The Michigan-PSU game had an objectively hilarious first half, but was there another good noon game? Because 3:30 and 7pm both got good games, including some people having to quadbox all the good sportsball on at one time between the major networks.

And everyone hates Brian Kelly because he's just a poo poo person. drat near every other supervillain coach has at least *some* positive quirks or charitable poo poo that they do. Harbaugh is extremely weird but happily BLM marched with his kids, Saban did pro-vaccine announcements, and so on. Kelly's just a gently caress.

also the Yankees lost

alabama lost what more do you need? greedy fucker!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
From the Fullcast after dark:

Indiana has become the first team to lose 700 games.

The next two on the list are Northwestern and Rutgers. Then Wake Forest Kansas and Tulane once you get past the Big 10.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Texas is still very inconsistent. We'll see which team shows up in Stillwater next week.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tulane beat USF to go to 6-1 rank Tulane best team in Lousiana

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

LeeMajors posted:

He’s saying this because Brian Kelly is a bad person, not anything to do with his coaching.

look all he did is kill a kid. give him a little slack

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

ROCKY TOP BITCH

maxallen fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 16, 2022

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

C-Euro posted:

E: is this the highest-ranked team to rush a field after beating a team with a better ranking?

The kick six game featured higher ranked teams but I dunno if Auburn fans actually rushed the field since the SEC is super lame about that poo poo.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

C-Euro posted:

good conclusion of my feelings for today imo. michigan's win? cool, and also good. vols? VOLS BITCH

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

whos that broooown posted:

The kick six game featured higher ranked teams but I dunno if Auburn fans actually rushed the field since the SEC is super lame about that poo poo.

What kind of college football fan doesn’t have that radio call memorized! “They’re not gonna keep ‘em off the field tonight!”

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

From the Fullcast after dark:

Indiana has become the first team to lose 700 games.

The next two on the list are Northwestern and Rutgers. Then Wake Forest Kansas and Tulane once you get past the Big 10.

Aw yeah that's my alma mater baby, I hope we hang a banner

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I need to go watch highlights of that Bama-Tennessee game because what I could gather from Twitter and chat in the midst of the Mariners having a perfectly normal playoff baseball game was unreal.

The field goal to win it going in like a wobbly duck is one thing, the dudes right at the goal post to take the covers off before the ball even stopped bouncing and then beat cheeks with them back into some storage room? Perfection.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

harperdc posted:

I need to go watch highlights of that Bama-Tennessee game because what I could gather from Twitter and chat in the midst of the Mariners having a perfectly normal playoff baseball game was unreal.

The field goal to win it going in like a wobbly duck is one thing, the dudes right at the goal post to take the covers off before the ball even stopped bouncing and then beat cheeks with them back into some storage room? Perfection.

Given what Tennessee has been for quite a while, and obviously Alabama...it might be worth the ride to watch the whole second half or fourth quarter if you can.

When Bama got a scoop and score to go up 7 I was absolutely sure the game was over because of course that is how this game is going to go. There were so many smaller moments that were still like that, Alabama picked up a 3rd and long to get into field goal range towards the end and I was completely going 'welp there it is.'

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
:sigh:

Well, if Minnesota had to lose another game, I can't be too upset that it was to Them Bert Bielema's Fighting Illini of Illinois.

Nothing for it but to dust off, look forward, and laugh at Penn State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Alabama Crimson Tide are now 132 and 1 when scoring 49 or more points.

The 17 penalties for 130 yards were also the most by Alabama in the Saban Era.