Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael posted:

Is there a reason why every week people dig through C-SPAM to look up some sort of perceived slight?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Nichael posted:

Is there a reason why every week people dig through C-SPAM to look up some sort of perceived slight?

I'm sure that there are people who do this, because CSPAM folks do it with other subforums. I think the goonfund concerns were valid. Anyways if you are still interested in that kind of stuff you should check out the new one here. The OP also managed to unionize their store, and seems to be taking a more transparent approach with all of that.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
I genuinely hope that people who depend on the goon fund actually don't get screwed out of this somehow. Even if something should be better, any attack on the charity does come at the cost of those who depend on it.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

In seriousness, if something happens to the fund, I strongly recommend creating another more legit fund before you completely remove that one. People do need help.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

the thread just got unstickied

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

Should've been left as is for now until something better could be stickied in replacement, even if it's got problems.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

not my problem

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm sure that there are people who do this, because CSPAM folks do it with other subforums. I think the goonfund concerns were valid. Anyways if you are still interested in that kind of stuff you should check out the new one here. The OP also managed to unionize their store, and seems to be taking a more transparent approach with all of that.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910

I think there's valid concerns but Plinkey is a good person. It just seems like the drama is manufactured.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ButterSkeleton posted:

Should've been left as is for now until something better could be stickied in replacement, even if it's got problems.

It's probably going to get absorbed into the Trump thread or Plinkey does it exclusively through DMs.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

It's probably going to get absorbed into the Trump thread or Plinkey does it exclusively through DMs.

I get that, but they should have left it at the message in the OP being "This Fund Isn't Supervised By SA Staff, Use At Your Own Risk" and the community should work on a more official fund. When that gets going, THEN unsticky that one. This hurts the people the least.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ButterSkeleton posted:

People do need help.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

not my problem

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i have donated all my aids to the op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ButterSkeleton posted:

I get that, but they should have left it at the message in the OP being "This Fund Isn't Supervised By SA Staff, Use At Your Own Risk" and the community should work on a more official fund. When that gets going, THEN unsticky that one. This hurts the people the least.

They did do that, it's still around just not stickied.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

lumpentroll posted:

the thread just got unstickied

very funny to have Leon Trotsky 2012's thread still stickied

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ButterSkeleton posted:

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Spinz posted:

I'm super irritated

Plinko gets $4000 a month and my sales suck rn and I'm a REFORMED gambler who hasn't done any gambling whatsoever for more than 10 years...

Arrrrgggh
Seriously, my earrings n stuff are nice
Donate to me and buy someone a lovely unique Xmas gift at the same time

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979339

lmao shut the gently caress up

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
There's a small matter I need some financial help for.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Weka posted:

There's a small matter I need some financial help for.

i'll create the wiki

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

This sucks

The dumb drama I mean

Barnum Brown Shoes has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Oct 17, 2022

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Spinz posted:

I'm super irritated

Plinko gets $4000 a month and my sales suck rn and I'm a REFORMED gambler who hasn't done any gambling whatsoever for more than 10 years...

Arrrrgggh

admittedly pretty items, but he was (afaik) actually helping people and not simply profiting

Barnum Brown Shoes posted:

This sucks

The dumb drama I mean

it's lame

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Spinz posted:

I'm super irritated

Arrrrgggh

not my style

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ButterSkeleton posted:

In seriousness, if something happens to the fund, I strongly recommend creating another more legit fund before you completely remove that one. People do need help.

Good news, they did

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

I think there's valid concerns but Plinkey is a good person. It just seems like the drama is manufactured.

There was definitely an element of "lol look what's going on in CSPAM now, loving losers" from some people but otoh there have been asking for transparency and more accountability in that fund long before the QCS stuff happened. The fact that there was no real defense to why changes couldn't be made aside from getting defensive and telling people to gently caress off and make a new one if they don't like how Plinkey's doing it didn't do the it any favors. Having the fund centralized around one person with no real oversight (all while donations are being eaten into by Patreon) just looks bad when observing it from the outside, especially considering it was stickied.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Requesting a bigass tub of beans because food prices have gotten so high.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Spinz posted:

I'm super irritated

Arrrrgggh

lol spinz you've got a big problem.
#1 the userbase is goons
#2 the userbase is goons
#3 they spend their money on graphics cards not earrings

honestly i'd just go etsy. im comparing the grape one and none of them have mastered that grapey color right. you could corner the grape earring market

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ill suck any goon cock in need as long as you’re a) charming and b) hot and c) a gentleman

e: no genital warts

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the mutual aids fund stay winning

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
bernietar was better. That text isn't even red. Lame

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I will never wear any jewelry or cosmetic. perhaps some kind of key cap for my mechanical keyboard? idk

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Cloks posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
yet another trot takeover

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

There was definitely an element of "lol look what's going on in CSPAM now, loving losers" from some people but otoh there have been asking for transparency and more accountability in that fund long before the QCS stuff happened. The fact that there was no real defense to why changes couldn't be made aside from getting defensive and telling people to gently caress off and make a new one if they don't like how Plinkey's doing it didn't do the it any favors. Having the fund centralized around one person with no real oversight (all while donations are being eaten into by Patreon) just looks bad when observing it from the outside, especially considering it was stickied.

wow cool. first successful goon project?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cloks posted:

yeah why is that thread stickied

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

How about a mutual lethal aid fund where we help provide each other with defensive weaponry?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Grevling posted:

How about a mutual lethal aid fund where we help provide each other with defensive weaponry?

d&d

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
clicked through, was not disappointed, thanks AIT

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

One of our biggest donators was banned. Apologies to everyone V_V

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

all my aids gone