Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

state governments kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

C/p from myself in discord. I called the Washington secretary of state to ask what's up with our application:

Fuckin incredible lmao

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
i fucken love bureaucracy!!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't mean to intrude on everyone's work here, but a Goon friend who's really in hard times atm, requested help in the Google Form about ten days ago, and he hasn't heard back. Here is the Tweet describing the situation:
https://twitter.com/weirdoffice1/status/1624895545788583936?s=20&t=AaH7tptC6P47vJ_xR-WCFg

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nichael posted:

I don't mean to intrude on everyone's work here, but a Goon friend who's really in hard times atm, requested help in the Google Form about ten days ago, and he hasn't heard back. Here is the Tweet describing the situation:
https://twitter.com/weirdoffice1/status/1624895545788583936?s=20&t=AaH7tptC6P47vJ_xR-WCFg

Hey so people are aware, we did send money on 2/9 but didn't let the requester know afterward - we marked this complete after the donors confirmed the money got sent.

There was a 2nd request on the 12th that did get missed and we quickly took care of it yesterday and apologized to the requester for the delay.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Hey so people are aware, we did send money on 2/9 but didn't let the requester know afterward - we marked this complete after the donors confirmed the money got sent.

There was a 2nd request on the 12th that did get missed and we quickly took care of it yesterday and apologized to the requester for the delay.

Yeah, I think he miscommunicated and I figured out he did get help from this thread already. Sorry for the post, and thanks for your work.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

in the future it might be good to take this kind of stuff to committee member PMs first. no one here minds the public shaming if we're falling down on the job and not getting people help, but it's better not to talk about the details of specific requests here just to make sure this stuff stays as private as possible, even if the person in question is anonymous imo.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

kingcobweb posted:

C/p from myself in discord. I called the Washington secretary of state to ask what's up with our application:

:capitalism:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

If it makes you feel any better all levels of local government (except the cops of course) are this ridiculously underfunded and poorly staffed. Right now I'm dealing with a county regulator annoyed that I'm taking months to submit a permit because I haven't gotten the answer from the city regulator who also admins the same program.

I have a seperate regulator only now looking at a different permit I put in an application for, 6 months after my company paid an expedited permit fee. It rules that everything is self funding now, so the regulators simultaneously will try to turn everything into a fishing expedition if they think a company is too small to contest stuff, or give them free passes if they're big enough.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Coolness Averted posted:

If it makes you feel any better all levels of local government (except the cops of course) are this ridiculously underfunded and poorly staffed. Right now I'm dealing with a county regulator annoyed that I'm taking months to submit a permit because I haven't gotten the answer from the city regulator who also admins the same program.

I have a seperate regulator only now looking at a different permit I put in an application for, 6 months after my company paid an expedited permit fee. It rules that everything is self funding now, so the regulators simultaneously will try to turn everything into a fishing expedition if they think a company is too small to contest stuff, or give them free passes if they're big enough.
Yeah, that's all because :capitalism: intentionally doesn't fund government because they want it to be useless. But I'm sure you already knew that. :bang:

Anyway the new Goon Fund is helping people despite the bullshit and that's what matters.

vortmax has issued a correction as of 06:11 on Feb 18, 2023

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Totally, I was just echoing the point. Regulatory capture and underfunding public goods specifically so people view them as bad and less trustworthy than private sector stuff is absolutely a symptom of capitalism.

Things like this goonfund shouldn't be needed, but I'm glad we've got folks organizing it and a pool of folks still able to pitch in. It's a rough world out there and little things like this help keep some faith in humans doing good.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
First of all, thank you to the donors who've helped so many goons so far. People keep thanking me and the committee but we're just pointing people from one to another.

I'm bumping this thread because, unfortunately, we're short on donors right now, and a goon has a pending request that's high priority, but we were only able to meet the first $200 of so far. Their car blew up, and they're having trouble getting to work without taking taxis every day, because there's no busses where they live. They had to scrap their car, because it would have been so expensive to fix, and the money would be for helping them get a new car so they can get to work. If you have some extra money to help out, please PM a committee member!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
We have achieved The Car in an amazing amount of time, thank you everyone!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

kingcobweb posted:

We have achieved The Car in an amazing amount of time, thank you everyone!

I love it when we get success story feedback, helps make it all feel worth it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hey everyone, I hate to put out another call so soon after car-goon. But we had someone who, due to the recent weather experiences, had their home flood and are staying in a hotel in the meantime. We have someone lined up to get them $200, but if anyone else is able to help and contribute an amount via paypal - please send a PM to one of the committee members and let us know you'd like to help. I also have a gmail setup that you can email if you do not have PMs: incrediblyweirdholiday AT gmail DOT com

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Are there any legal issues regarding donations from outside the US, or can I throw in a pittance?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Currently there isn't any, since its just a direct transfer.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Thank you so much for the assistance!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
:siren: United States Goon Fund is a nonprofit in the state of Washington! :siren:

I知 driving 5hrs both today and tomorrow but Friday I値l pop into my credit union, BECU, to set up the bank account for it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

:siren: United States Goon Fund is a nonprofit in the state of Washington! :siren:

I知 driving 5hrs both today and tomorrow but Friday I値l pop into my credit union, BECU, to set up the bank account for it

oh poo poo! :cheers:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Congrats! Thanks to the folks who kept this running in the interim. Hopefully it can get a bit smoother from here.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Excellent news!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

:hellyeah:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Congrats!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tarnop posted:

Congrats!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tarnop posted:

Congrats!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hell yeah

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Congratulations everyone, awesome work!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm excited to make some spreadsheets!!!!!!!!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vyelkin posted:

lets goooooo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:toot: Excellent work keeping things going in the interim, but this is a huge milestone!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

good work, congrats. Happy to see this take off

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
congrats goons, and thank you

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
that fuckin rules

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

very nice

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I can't believe this happened (actionable)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

vyelkin posted:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Badass :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009