Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Fantastic news, congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hell yeah, thank you for the hard work and congrats on succeeding.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

vyelkin posted:

Congratulations everyone, awesome work!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

FTW

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

fantastic news and congratulations from the UKMT Solidarity Fund!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Congratulations!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
hell yeah

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i am just glad i didn't gently caress up the filling. or gone too cheap on the stamps.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i am just glad i didn't gently caress up the filling. or gone too cheap on the stamps.

lol not using enough stamps would have been an incredible reason for delay. however much better that it's almost ready to go.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

turns out he used precisely the correct number of stamps, the washington secretary of state is just really that slow lol

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I've spent enough time working in state government that I'm not at all surprised at how long it took and why

congrats!! it's cool as hell that it's official now

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
noice

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Super Librarian posted:

I've spent enough time working in state government that I'm not at all surprised at how long it took and why

congrats!! it's cool as hell that it's official now

You're telling me...

working on a final financials update.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

MARCH 8th FINANCIALS UPDATE - FINAL INTERIM UPDATE:

This interim began on November 26th, and officially ends today on March 8th. We still don't have a bank account yet, so any requests coming in will still need to be handled via our interim system and if anyone would like to assist us on our final push - please send a pm to a committee member or send an email to our new email account at usgoonfund AT gmail DOT com. Now then, the actual financials:

• There has been a total of $17,047.06 disbursed over the interim period. Thats a total of 102 days that we operated with an average of $167.13 disbursed per day - or about $5,180 a month. ($40 extra to register the corporation).
  • There has been 25 people who have given donations to people over this period. The average amount donated by one person was $681.88, with the most being $3,051.38.
  • There has been a total of 92 requests submitted, with 88 requests fulfilled fully, 2 requests fulfilled partially, and 2 requests that have not been fulfilled.
  • Of all partially and fully fulfilled requests, 189.41 has been the average request. 52 requests have been under $200 with the average being $96.96.
  • The average amount sent by one donator in one transaction has been $134.23.
  • The amount of money sent through Paypal has been $8,844.34. Money sent through Venmo equals $6,896.00. Money sent through Zelle equals $1,233.00, and the amount of money sent via Canadian e-transfer has been $73.72 (100 CAD).

To update people, I have registered a new email for our members (seen above). I also registered with the state and have done some reading of washington state law to make sure we don't need to register for anything else. Though if anyone is a lawyer in washington state, please feel free to reach out if you have advice. We have an EIN number so we can get the bank account going on friday and hopefully get stripe going into the account so people can send donations. Once we get the bank account, we'll also get a paypal, venmo, cashapp, & zelle account going so we can send out donations ASAP to people. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask - to make sure we are doing all of this right!!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

This is awesome! Great work!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Congratulations!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

This interim began on November 26th, and officially ends today on March 8th. We still don't have a bank account yet, so any requests coming in will still need to be handled via our interim system and if anyone would like to assist us on our final push - please send a pm to a committee member or send an email to our new email account at usgoonfund AT gmail DOT com. Now then, the actual financials:

• There has been a total of $17,047.06 disbursed over the interim period. Thats a total of 102 days that we operated with an average of $167.13 disbursed per day - or about $5,180 a month. ($40 extra to register the corporation).
  • There has been 25 people who have given donations to people over this period. The average amount donated by one person was $681.88, with the most being $3,051.38.
  • There has been a total of 92 requests submitted, with 88 requests fulfilled fully, 2 requests fulfilled partially, and 2 requests that have not been fulfilled.
  • Of all partially and fully fulfilled requests, 189.41 has been the average request. 52 requests have been under $200 with the average being $96.96.
  • The amount of money sent through Paypal has been $8,844.34. Money sent through Venmo equals $6,896.00. Money sent through Zelle equals $1,233.00, and the amount of money sent via Canadian e-transfer has been $73.72 (100 CAD).

To update people, I have registered a new email for our members (seen above). I also registered with the state and have done some reading of washington state law to make sure we don't need to register for anything else. Though if anyone is a lawyer in washington state, please feel free to reach out if you have advice. We have an EIN number so we can get the bank account going on friday and hopefully get stripe going into the account so people can send donations. Once we get the bank account, we'll also get a paypal, venmo, cashapp, & zelle account going so we can send out donations ASAP to people. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask - to make sure we are doing all of this right!!

This has probably been answered already, but do you think it'll be possible to set up a sort of subscription/monthly payment easily now? I'm sure I speak for at least a decent group of goons that would fall easily into "Sure, take $$$ from me every month and I'll forget about it and be happy when I go 'Hey gently caress what was that $20 charge? Oh!"

I already do this when I forget I started a trial for streaming service #40, might as well exploit the same brain laziness for goonfunds instead of dumb bullshit.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Anime Store Adventure posted:

This has probably been answered already, but do you think it'll be possible to set up a sort of subscription/monthly payment easily now? I'm sure I speak for at least a decent group of goons that would fall easily into "Sure, take $$$ from me every month and I'll forget about it and be happy when I go 'Hey gently caress what was that $20 charge? Oh!"

I already do this when I forget I started a trial for streaming service #40, might as well exploit the same brain laziness for goonfunds instead of dumb bullshit.

That's the intent, yeah, we're gonna use stripe once we get the account set up, which supports recurring donations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

kingcobweb posted:

That's the intent, yeah, we're gonna use stripe once we get the account set up, which supports recurring donations.

Not being familiar with the service, will that support outside-US donations?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Just want to stick my nose in here to say a really sincere and heartfelt thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to the 25 people who donated via this fund so far, and in particular to the incredibly generous person who gave away over $3000 to help their fellow goons. You didn't have to do this and it is incredible that you did. I am consistently blown away by the generosity of the people here. Thank you all.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

PurpleXVI posted:

Not being familiar with the service, will that support outside-US donations?

No, unfortunately. With the interim ending we can't take outside us donations or provide funds to people outside the US. For outside US people, we may still be able to operate a semi- interim thing to be able to help. But we can't do it through the goonfund itself without breaking a tax code or two.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

No, unfortunately. With the interim ending we can't take outside us donations or provide funds to people outside the US. For outside US people, we may still be able to operate a semi- interim thing to be able to help. But we can't do it through the goonfund itself without breaking a tax code or two.

That's a shame. Is there currently an EU equivalent to the goon fund being operated by anyone on the forums?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

That's a shame. Is there currently an EU equivalent to the goon fund being operated by anyone on the forums?

The UK fund is what we based this on, but it only operates within the UK I believe.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Please let the thread know when you get crowdfunding set up. This is awesome!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

goon fund is badass!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
fund around and find out :gritty::gritin::berned::bernin::smooth::gethill::bernpop::bernout::berninator::hitler::bernget20::bernchloe::bern101::scolbert:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
small further update: went to BECU to set up the account for the fund. apparently them approving the online banking function takes another 1-3 business days. as soon as the person at BECU looks at it and presses "ok" we should be able to set up stripe and paypal and all that good stuff.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

As seen above, our interim is still gonna be in progress for a little while longer, but time still marches on for people in need. If anyone can contribute via paypal, please send a PM or email us at usgoonfund@gmail.com

Both requests are due by weekends end, so please get in touch as soon as you can.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

This is really amazing! The average donation being nearly $700 per person is already impressive, but I can't believe one person gave $3k to help :eyepop:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

vyelkin posted:

Just want to stick my nose in here to say a really sincere and heartfelt thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to the 25 people who donated via this fund so far, and in particular to the incredibly generous person who gave away over $3000 to help their fellow goons. You didn't have to do this and it is incredible that you did. I am consistently blown away by the generosity of the people here. Thank you all.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
borat voice
vairy naice

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So a quick but nonetheless important update - The bank account is fully setup now. KCW is currently the only account signer, but I'm being added as a second signer so we have two people on the bank account. We currently have stripe set up to deposit in our account, but they are putting us on a one month review because we aren't a 501c nonprofit yet, just a nonprofit corporation. We tried resubmitting as corporation but we are still in review.

So why is this not the big important update? Well, that's because we don't have a way to actually send money to people - just receive. Paypal put us on hold until we are able to verify the account via example deposits. We are working on getting Venmo & cashapp done as well as some more research to get us to 501c status - which will likely require us to file an amendment to Washington corporation.

So essentially, bank information is up and ready - and stripe can get money in right now, but we can't get money out. So with that in mind, we did want to put the links out there for people - but please keep in mind that we cannot send money yet, so if you want to be a larger donor, we urge you to hold off for now until we can make sure that money can be sent to any urgent requests that come in. Until we can make sure the money can be sent out, we WILL be keeping all money donated in stripe's payout so refunds will be super easy to process in case anything goes wrong during this startup phase.

I am working on creating a new OP and thread for when we can actually send money to be able to alert people and give a good amount of information for people in need and people wanting to give.

The following links are for recurring amounts you can set and forget. However, this link is a one time donation for an amount you can set: https://donate.stripe.com/28ocQi3Ns3Mz42Q144

$5 monthly: https://buy.stripe.com/bIY2bEabQerd0QE9AB

$10 monthly: https://buy.stripe.com/bIY2bEabQerd0QE9AB

$20 monthly: https://buy.stripe.com/14k7vY97Mgzl8j6cMP

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Congrats and thank you for your hard work!

I brought my Drake posted:

Please let the thread know when you get crowdfunding set up. This is awesome!

This, too!

edit: looks like it's all underway - heck yeah

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Just to triple-clarify, those donation links are live and active. Anything donated there will just sit in a pool of money that is easy to refund to people and not go to a bank account for fund payouts until the payout accounts (PayPal, Venmo, etc) are confirmed to be ready to go.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I thought you were setting up as a 501c3 from the start. Why didn't you?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vortmax posted:

That's still the plan, it's the next step. 501c3 isn't a type of business you can create, it's a status you apply for once the business is created.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Specifically, 501c3 is a federal designation, so you need a state non profit set up first. We had some slight issues with filing because we were just trying to get it out the door because we naively thought it'd only take a couple weeks. However, the online portal is up and working now so its just a matter of making sure our registration says what the irs wants and waiting the like 3-4 weeks for the irs to update their ein database. (Fun fact, that's why stripe put us in review status!)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

vortmax posted:

Here's some info on the process: https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/application-for-recognition-of-exemption

In short, you need to form as an applicable organization, obtain an EIN with the IRS, then you can apply for tax-exempt status with the IRS.

Keep up the good work all!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I lied, one last and true final interim update.

• The final count of money given to goons during the 110 day interim period is $18,072.06. This was an average of $164.29 given per day, or $4,928.74 per 30 day month period.
  • 94 requests have been fully met and satisifed. 2 more requests remain partially satisifed and one request is still pending. Meaning 97 requests were made during the interim - or just under 1 a day.
  • $9,369.34 was disbursed via paypal, $7,196.00 sent via Venmo, $1,433.00 sent via Zelle, and $73.72 sent via the Canadian banking system.
  • The average request was for $188.25, 52 requests were under this average.
  • There has been 26 people who have made donations through our interim system. The average amount donated was $695.08 and the average sent per transaction was $134.87.
Finally, I want to post the numbers for everyone who donated. If the donors want to come forward, they can - but the amount donated by them is outstanding and I want to make sure they're acknowledged for the good they have done.

code:
Stay tuned tomorrow for a big announcement!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

goons ftw