Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuskus

tell me what you would like to see in a BYOB VR Chat world by Oct 24, and I'll consider making it in Unity & creating a chill shareable home on the platform. A meeting place to then drop portals for each other to tag along to other weird places.

The last time I was there someone brought a boombox blasting All I Want For Christmas and we went from world to world having a dance party. Kirby, Peter Griffin, Conky from Pee-Wee, it felt a lot like barhopping, but I would like to make a chill home base.

VR sucks, but it's fun with internet pals. Also, you don't need VR, it just runs on Windows with a mouse.

Obviously: kittens in hammocks and a water feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

a button that when you press it a bunch of tacos fall from the sky

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am not sure how this could be implemented in vr, but - hear me out - emptyquotes

kuskus

Heather Papps posted:

i am not sure how this could be implemented in vr, but - hear me out - emptyquotes
Emitter, networked toggle that swaps ownership for whomever toggles it so everyone can see the effect. You shall have your sky tacos.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Shooting people with bubble guns that send rainbow hearts

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Beanbag chairs that make farting noises when you sit on them

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

A gallery with all of Sid Vicious' art on the wall (goku pants, snail with tits etc)

Heather Papps

hello friend

pet photo gallery, a rotating cube that displays pet pics from the pet pics thread

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
there needs 2 be a trashed crew mini bar at the very least if not a full blown pub

Areola Grande

I'm excited for this OP. I have a headset and I know nut does too so let's get this vr party started

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

kuskus

another question: where is a place you used to love to have fun before the panini that you haven’t been due to changed habits?

backyard tiki hut
da club
tiny greasy spoon diner

kuskus

Areola Grande posted:

there needs 2 be a trashed crew mini bar at the very least if not a full blown pub

u red my mind

Heather Papps

hello friend

kuskus posted:

another question: where is a place you used to love to have fun before the panini that you haven’t been due to changed habits?

backyard tiki hut
da club
tiny greasy spoon diner

barcades, karaoke, kissing booths.

also the spawn point should be a very comfy bedroom with rain splashing on the windows, big ol' crt monitor on yer desk with the byob frontpage on it, and you open the door and then you're in the main area

(should is a hell of a strong word)

google THIS

Some kind of unnecessarily clunky "yes, you can still pick objects up in VR" showcase

Maybe have it be half eaten moldy fast food trash from Jeth's Chicken Titt's. One day each month swap in a tampon and a bottle of blue fluid

Ohtori Akio

Heather Papps posted:

Areola Grande

no goatse this time. p pls :ohdear:

Areola Grande

bump

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay so there's a tampon in the middle of the "land" and everyone rushes towards it to trigger the singular blue fluid test

Heather Papps

hello friend

there's a dippy rock somewhere and the person who finds it first gets a cool crown for the rest of the session (forever)

Heather Papps

hello friend

there's a mean dog but also a bone and you find the bone and bring it to the dog and it gives you a skateboard and now you can move slightly faster

Heather Papps

hello friend

if you get to the secret panel you can change the colour scheme from byob to whatever hex codes you know

Heather Papps

hello friend

a station where you imput some sort of image file and it produces a jack o lantern with the image you provided carved in

Heather Papps

hello friend

a really big fish that flops around and all the users have to carry buckets of water to it because it's the windfish and if it dries out and dies the whole dreamscape collapses

Heather Papps

hello friend

dancing skeletons

Heather Papps

hello friend

one REALLY big mushroom

Heather Papps

hello friend

blacklight mode where if someone presses the button all the paths of the users glow

Areola Grande

there's an interactive weed rear end. finally

kuskus

Back when new PCs had 19” CRTs that seemed absolutely epic in size, we went over to my friend’s house to see his new rig. He had the Winamp visualizer Geiss running full screen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4kd6ES-TaoU

We just sat together in a leather loveseat and just watched it for 20 minutes. One friend said, “if there was a place where this happened, I would go there.”

So maybe I will make a room that re-creates this experience. “Meditations on dissolving particle horizons as a teen.”

Chewbecca

Spoonville spoons everywhere :spoonville:

Finger Prince

kuskus posted:

Back when new PCs had 19” CRTs that seemed absolutely epic in size, we went over to my friend’s house to see his new rig. He had the Winamp visualizer Geiss running full screen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4kd6ES-TaoU

We just sat together in a leather loveseat and just watched it for 20 minutes. One friend said, “if there was a place where this happened, I would go there.”

So maybe I will make a room that re-creates this experience. “Meditations on dissolving particle horizons as a teen.”

A Dome of Winamp Visualization would be dope AF.

Chewbecca

A lake of :vegemite:

Escape From Noise

Four words: Dick sucking trolly bot.

kuskus

about 10hrs remain to float your ideas both relaxing and indulgent!

Escape From Noise

VCD (Virtual Corn Dog). I can't believe I forgot!

Areola Grande

fully sexual snail w/ human titties :quagmire:

google THIS

Escape From Noise posted:

:haibrow:

kuskus

yob vr v1 world should be live by Nov 5th, and we can poll for who can make an unveiling event.

Escape From Noise posted:

Have you tried Skreleton's Hotdog Kitchen?
https://mscottmcbee.itch.io/skreletons-hotdog-kitchen

edit: VVV he talmbout this
https://i.imgur.com/S3Ha03U.mp4

kuskus fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 26, 2022

Escape From Noise

kuskus posted:

yob vr v1 world should be live by Nov 5th, and we can poll for who can make an unveiling event.

Have you tried Skreleton's Hotdog Kitchen?
https://mscottmcbee.itch.io/skreletons-hotdog-kitchen

I haven't. I don't have VR. It's just a classic thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936582&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Areola Grande

:f5h::vrfrog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca